Good News, Finally?

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
It would appear that the world is finally beginning to recover from this epic slump.

The world economy is tracking or doing worse than during the Great Depression (September 2009 update) | vox - Research-based policy analysis and commentary from leading economists

World Industrial Production
eichengreen_2ndupdate_fig1.gif

World Stock Markets
eichengreen_2ndupdate_fig2.gif

World Volume of Trade
eichengreen_2ndupdate_fig3.gif

As you can see, until just these past two months, the world was tracking worse than it did during the Great Depression in a series of indicators, but is beginning to turn around. If this trend holds, we may be in for a V-shaped recovery, rather than the dreaded U-shaped recovery.

This is assuming, however, that there will be no harmful side-effects of the massive financial interventions performed by the world's leading economies earlier in the year.

Time will tell...but there is reason for hope.

Last edited:
Great, why did you give me another reason to miss Bush?

Why? The slump started in the Bush presidency.

Do you sell short alot or something?

Even Obama said that the changes and problems are inherited by the president after. Or did you miss him trying to blame all the problems this time on the previous administration? If Obama is not to blame for the problems today, then he also cannot be given the credit, period. You can't just claim the good because it's convenient, moron.

Great, why did you give me another reason to miss Bush?

Even Obama said that the changes and problems are inherited by the president after. Or did you miss him trying to blame all the problems this time on the previous administration? If Obama is not to blame for the problems today, then he also cannot be given the credit, period. You can't just claim the good because it's convenient, moron.

Um, I was talking about the fact that the problems started occurring a YEAR BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE.

Surely you're not trying to blame Obama for events that took place before Mr Obama became president?

Like the Wall Street nose dive and a 3.3% gain in unemployment, just to name a couple of the many symptoms of a massive recession that happened BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE.

Um, I was talking about the fact that the problems started occurring a YEAR BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE.

Surely you're not trying to blame Obama for events that took place before Mr Obama became president?

Like the Wall Street nose dive and a 3.3% gain in unemployment, just to name a couple of the many symptoms of a massive recession that happened BEFORE OBAMA TOOK OFFICE.

The problems occurred because the market started on it's natural down trend. Bush fucked up by wasting money to fix it (which Obama repeated). People lived on credit too much so they got hurt, just desserts. First, all Obama has done is repeat the same mistakes Bush made. Secondly Obama himself said that all the problems now are because of the previous administration, therefore, all the pluses we see now are also from the previous administration. You can't just claim the good without the bad, that's a blame game, used as hype, and you swallowed it hook, line, and sinker.

Look, I wasn't trying to play the blame game. You just said you missed Bush, and I said the same thing was happening during the Bush administration as has been happening during the past 7 months.

I didn't say anything about the Obama years, just questioned your comment.

Look, I wasn't trying to play the blame game. You just said you missed Bush, and I said the same thing was happening during the Bush administration as has been happening during the past 7 months.

I didn't say anything about the Obama years, just questioned your comment.

Learn sarcasm. ;)

They are both the same, Obama is following Bush's outline, or did you miss that?

Forum List

Back