Good news about Obamacare

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Has anyone else noticed that the defense of Obamacare has switched from it cutting premiums to the premium hikes will be lower than expected? Can anyone explain why the people, like me, who insisted that it wouldn't work to reduce costs should accept higher costs as good news?

"In Texas there is a town called New Braunfels, where there is a large German-speaking population.

One day, a local rancher driving down a country road noticed a man using his hand to drink water from the rancher's stock pond.

The rancher rolled down the window and shouted: "Sehr angenehm! Trink das Wasser nicht. Die kuehe haben darein geschissen."
This means: “Glad to meet you! Don't drink the water. The cows have sh_t in it."

The man shouted back: "I'm from New York and just down here campaigning for Obama's health care plan. I can't understand you. Please speak in English."

The rancher replied: "Use both hands."
:lol:

Obamacare seems to be working.

Too bad the GOP is going to shut down the government on a thing that seems to be beneficial.

Lower than expected is still too much for people who can't afford it in the first place.

Has anyone else noticed that the defense of Obamacare has switched from it cutting premiums to the premium hikes will be lower than expected? Can anyone explain why the people, like me, who insisted that it wouldn't work to reduce costs should accept higher costs as good news?

People who don't work directly in the industry don't know and only parrot the BS they are fed.

I hate making that statement. It is a true statement, I live it.

People who don't work directly in the industry don't know and only parrot the BS they are fed.

Which BS is that? This has nothing to do with intimate knowledge of 'the industry'. This is a recognition that PPACA was a giant bait-and-switch on everyone. The health care market is deeply dysfunctional and we're facing the bizarre circumstance that, despite the fact that we enjoy a standard of living well above that of the rest of the world, most of us can't afford ordinary health care expenses.

Congress, and the President claimed a federal program was need to address this problem. They promised reduced costs for those of us worried about price inflation. They promised 'universal coverage' and 'single payer' for those who didn't want to worry about paying for health care at all. Naturally, we got neither. What we got instead was radical expansion of federal and corporate control over our how we finance out health care. They sold us out. Period.

Which BS is that? This has nothing to do with intimate knowledge of 'the industry'. This is a recognition that PPACA was a giant bait-and-switch on everyone. The health care market is deeply dysfunctional and we're facing the bizarre circumstance that, despite the fact that we enjoy a standard of living well above that of the rest of the world, most of us can't afford ordinary health care expenses.

Congress, and the President claimed a federal program was need to address this problem. They promised reduced costs for those of us worried about price inflation. They promised 'universal coverage' and 'single payer' for those who didn't want to worry about paying for health care at all. Naturally, we got neither. What we got instead was radical expansion of federal and corporate control over our how we finance out health care. They sold us out. Period.

No argument here.

Allow me to rephrase:
Most people who don't work directly in the industry don't know and only parrot the BS they are fed.

Obamacare seems to be working.

Too bad the GOP is going to shut down the government on a thing that seems to be beneficial.

Working? Perhaps in the sense that you and Puddly Pillowbite who thanked your post can now check each other for polyps instead of having to check yourselves. Viva la Obamacare!

Forum List

Back