Good guy with a gun saves woman being stabbed to death...

Here is a funny (kinda funny) anectodal DGU story

A buddy of mine has rental properties on a not so good side of town. He went to start an eviction and got into a verbal altercation with a couple of men who werent supposd to be living at this property.

Conversation turned into argument turned into heated argument. My friend ended up showing his gun in his shoulder holster.

One of the guys he was arguing with went back into the house and returned with an AR15. Game set match.

Who was actually using their gun for a DGU? My friend who felt threatened or the tenant who was threatened? Or neither? they were actually just trying to intimidate each other.

the AR won.

A buddy of mine has rental properties on a not so good side of town. He went to start an eviction and got into a verbal altercation with a couple of men who werent supposd to be living at this property.

Conversation turned into argument turned into heated argument. My friend ended up showing his gun in his shoulder holster.

One of the guys he was arguing with went back into the house and returned with an AR15. Game set match.

Who was actually using their gun for a DGU? My friend who felt threatened or the tenant who was threatened? Or neither? they were actually just trying to intimidate each other.

the AR won.

Most defenses aren't lawful.

the AR won.

What your friend did wrong is that if he really felt threatened he should have not brandished the weapon, but pulled it, aimed at the other guys, and held them in a submitted position until the police arrived.

You never just "show" a gun. You pull it, aim it, and get one of the parties to submit until law enforcement arrives.

the AR won.

Care to back up that statement?

the AR won.

Results—Even after excluding many reported firearm victimizations, far more survey respondents report having been threatened or intimidated with a gun than having used a gun to protect themselves. A majority of the reported self defense gun uses were rated as probably illegal by a majority of judges. This was so even under the assumption that the respondent had a permit to own and carry the gun, and that the respondent had described the event honestly.

INJURYPREV : Injury Prevention

In the liberal perfect world the woman would have been stabbed to death and there would be a candlelight vigil condemning violence.

But these are all anecdotal, and you could easily say that I just made them all up. So what is the point of even asking me?

Nah, if you say it happened to you, what can I say.

But the problem is that the answers to the survey questions concerning DGUs that were posed to gun owner was ALL anectodal.

If I asked you if you had a DGU in the past 12 months and you know the purpose of the survey is to validate gun ownership, what would you say?

I would say that yep, I had to use my gun for DGU. End of story. No further checking done. Anecdotal does not mean accurate answers. Even you say that time effects your recollections.

And I dont dispute that DGUs take place. I do dispute the claimed numbers. So I look for actual evidence that supports those numbers. So far I havent seen it.

Except the two major studies were done in the 90s.....big difference in attitude....did you read how the research was actually conducted...?

the AR won.

Results—Even after excluding many reported firearm victimizations, far more survey respondents report having been threatened or intimidated with a gun than having used a gun to protect themselves. A majority of the reported self defense gun uses were rated as probably illegal by a majority of judges. This was so even under the assumption that the respondent had a permit to own and carry the gun, and that the respondent had described the event honestly.

A survey study as your proof?

Yeah......

the AR won.

Wow...in the 90s when fewer people were carrying guns more people had criminals pointing guns at them........according to this study.....vs. all of the others that document gun self defense.....and has been reported over and over many of the people who did use a gun for self defense back then were normal people carrying a gun without paperwork saying it was okay.

the AR won.

Yeah......

Why would you think they are? There are many in jail who thought they were lawfully defending themselves.

the AR won.

Yeah......

Why would you think they are? There are many in jail who thought they were lawfully defending themselves.

really? How often is self defense used as a defense and proved wrong?

Can you please explain to the anti gunners that in these incidents there was no report made to police, there was no paperwork submitted to any law enforcement agency and you never had to actually fire any shots.....because they just can't seem to understand the dynamic if there aren't dead bodies on the ground.....

Nah what I cant understand is why a gunner having stopped a criminal from committing a crime then chooses to not tell the police so they could at least be looking for the criminals that were stopped

Is it kinda like fuck you people who dont have a gun. I am gonna let these criminals go. Or at least run them off so they can end up at somebody elses house to commit a crime.

And the idea that the gun owner is breaking the law when the DGU takes place is supposed to completely invalidate the survey question. You cant be involved in breaking the law, then claim a lawful DGU. At least not accordig to the surveys. Which is to bad. think how the numbers could be inflated if DGUs by criminals against criminals were counted.

Wrong.....carrrying a gun for self defense is the only alleged crime by many people carrying a gun. In the 90s, there were not as many states that allowed for concealed carry so anyone who needed a gun for self defense and carried it was breaking the law....and if caught would have been a felon...not worth reporting a non crime, a crime stopped with no shots fired an no one injured just to be made a felon.

If you are a normal, law abiding citizens, you have a Right to carry a gun...much like blacks had the right to sit anywhere on the bus they wanted to sit.....if the laws at the time don't reflect that, that doesn't make you a criminal, that makes the laws wrong.

Yeah......

You failed to answer my question. What would make you believe they are? I have provided a study, you have nothing.

You keep trotting out these studies about how many times guns are used for self-defense and to deter crime. Based on the number of gun owners in America, you would think that the US is one of the safest countries in the world because of private gun ownership, not the most dangerous First World Country in terms of mass shootings, crime rates, murder rates, and gun crime.

But keep lying to yourselves that guns are keeping you safe, when obviously they are not.

Actually they do make us safer. You guys keep trying to compare our criminals to the non criminal populations of other countries. If you compare our non criminals to European non criminals we are incredibly safe even with all of our guns. Law abiding people in the United States are not using guns to commit crimes and shoot people.

we have over 357 million guns in private hands. Under 8,124 of those guns were used to commit murder. The majority of the shooters in those murders, 90%, had criminal convictions before the shooting. A majority of the victims 90% had at least one criminal conviction, and 70% of the victims had more than one conviction...

So 357,991,876 guns in private hands have never been used to commit murder...

You have to go to very small areas in our inner cities to find huge numbers of gun crimes...just like you would have to go to Marseilles, France, or Malmo or Gothenber Sweden to find their gun crimes.

Our criminals also differ in that they commit murder more often than European criminals do. European criminals have access to guns just like American criminals do...and grenades...they also like fully automatic rifles while American criminals prefer pistols....yet even with their access to guns, they don't pull the triggers as often....

The culture of the criminal sub cultures of Europe are the difference...not access to guns...

How do we know.....More Americans own and carry guns....13 million people now carry guns for self defense....and our crime rate went down, not up...and our gun murder rate went down, not up....

How do you explain that?

Yeah......

You failed to answer my question. What would make you believe they are? I have provided a study, you have nothing.

I have also provided 40 years of research........that trumps one anti gun study you post...

You must be quite the magnet for bad things.
I have lived in bad areas growing up and while I worked my way through school.

I'm not a rich white yuppies kid. So shoot me.

So most of the white guys living in nice neighborhoods really don't need guns. Most defenses are in the bad neighborhoods, where legal gun ownership is low.

It is low because democrats control the police and they refuse to pass concealed carry laws and then when they have them, like in New York and D.C. refuse to grant them to normal people.....

Yeah......

Your "study" was a random survey based questionaire, nothing more. It's less than nothing.

Yeah......

I have also provided 40 years of research........that trumps one anti gun study you post...

You have a study on how many dgu are lawful?

the AR won.

And that is a lie brain. No research shows that to be even remotely true....yet you keep saying it....

Yeah......

Your "study" was a random survey based questionaire, nothing more. It's less than nothing.

You fail to answer again. Very telling.

Forum List

Back