Good Afternoon

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CarlS85, Aug 10, 2012.

1. CarlS85

CarlS85 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Greetings and Salutations, fellow forum dwellers. My name is Carl, I just joined, hoping to have some great discussions and perhaps learn a thing or two. A little about me, well let's see. I am gay. I am a libertarian. I am agnostic. I live in a small town in Kansas, hail from a smaller town in West Texas. I enjoy reading in my spare time, as well as watching horror movies, or science fiction movies/televisions hows. I love to write, I actually play a couple of characters on a forum based textual online RPG just so I can keep my practice at writing. I also write short stories and the like. I plan to go back to college soon to complete my degree in English and also maybe to get a degree in Graphic Design, though I am not all that sure about the last one.

I honestly can't think of anything else to write, so I will just leave it at that. However I am an open book so please feel free to ask me anything you'd like, after all that's the best way to get to know someone isn't it?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 4
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. freedombecki

freedombecki Let's go swimmin'! Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,935
    Welcome to USMB, Carls85. Hope you enjoy the boards. :)

3. CarlS85

CarlS85 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks, I'm sure I will.

4. sealadaigh

sealadaigh BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +129
    hey, how about them diablos. anyway, welcome. i am going to send you a site you should checck out. wish i had seeen it when i got here. stay tuned...PM.

5. Conservadude

Conservadude Registered Conservative

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I'm sure we'll disagree on everything from a-z.. But welcome from another new guy!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. Wolfsister77

Wolfsister77 Knowledge Is Power Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,700
    Welcome and enjoy the boards!!

7. Sunni Man

Sunni Man Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,444
    :welcome: btw Gays suck

8. CarlS85

CarlS85 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    reabhloideach: Sounds good, I will certainly be on the lookout. Also, thank you for the welcome.

Conservadude: Don't be so sure about that. I am a pretty conservative person. But in any case, thanks for the welcome.

Wolfsister77: Thank you very much, ma'am.

Sunni Man: Thank you for the welcome, as to the rest of your message, we are all entitled to our own opinions. I actually agree, we do just that, quite well, statistically better than most women so I've heard. With that said, so long as we can be respectful of each other, things can go great. If not, well, I definitely don't live by the golden rule. I counter disrespect with the exact same measure. So if you were joking, I'm sorry if I have been rude. If you were serious, well I'll let it slide the first time.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  9. Eaglewings

Eaglewings Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,646
    Welcome Carl! So nice to meet you. I just joined yesterday.
    I am sure you know that there will be some that make not very nice comments like Sunni has made, but I am sure your used to that. My son is gay and unless you are or love someone who is gay it is easy to make those comments.

10. CarlS85

CarlS85 Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thank you for the nice welcome Eaglewings. I am glad to meet you as well. Nice to see someone else that's a newbie. I am actually a newbie to politics as a whole. Never really been interested but this election cycle has certainly changed that.

As to the rude comments, I am used to it, but I make excuses for no man. People say things and have to deal with the consequences. I couldn't possibly care less what someones opinion of me or my sexual orientation is, but rude, condescending or insulting comments should be dealt with in kind.

But here is also the chance that he was only joking, so I make no assumptions until I know more about the man. I have a warped sense of humor, so I can't really say I'd be too upset if he was saying it in jest, hell most of the gay community and me don't get along because of my conservative views so I might even agree with him, haha.

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome.