Good Afternoon

Thank you for the nice welcome Eaglewings. I am glad to meet you as well. Nice to see someone else that's a newbie. I am actually a newbie to politics as a whole. Never really been interested but this election cycle has certainly changed that.

As to the rude comments, I am used to it, but I make excuses for no man. People say things and have to deal with the consequences. I couldn't possibly care less what someones opinion of me or my sexual orientation is, but rude, condescending or insulting comments should be dealt with in kind.

But here is also the chance that he was only joking, so I make no assumptions until I know more about the man. I have a warped sense of humor, so I can't really say I'd be too upset if he was saying it in jest, hell most of the gay community and me don't get along because of my conservative views so I might even agree with him, haha.

Anyway, thanks again for the warm welcome.

ok. so ya don't want to talk about the el paso diablos. i imagine that the amarillo dillas and the west of the pecos rodeo are out of bounds too.

how is this one. i was a very early member of the out frony labor coalition, which morphed into Pride at Work...a long story, but i will leave it at that for now. funny story, actually.

my liitle brother was born in kansas.
my confirmation name is pat.
when i first came to america, NYC, i asked my mom why everybody had all their arms and legs. i was i think eight.
bert blyleven is the only MLB player who wore number 28 and had that number retired.

ok. so ya don't want to talk about the el paso diablos. i imagine that the amarillo dillas and the west of the pecos rodeo are out of bounds too.

how is this one. i was a very early member of the out frony labor coalition, which morphed into Pride at Work...a long story, but i will leave it at that for now. funny story, actually.

when i first came to america, NYC, i asked my mom why everybody had all their arms and legs. i was i think eight.
bert blyleven is the only MLB player who wore number 28 and had that number retired.

I'm sorry if you felt I was ignoring that, I honestly just forgot to respond to it when I responded to your welcome message. I am not a huge sports fan so stuff like that does tend to slip my mind.

I actually just looked up Pride and Work, that seems like a rather interesting organization, I might have to look into that further. Though I rarely look into Pride type groups or events. I am not your average gay person in that respect I guess. Just not something I am much interested in.

And thanks for the interesting tid bits. You mentioned coming to America, from where did you come? if you don't mind my asking. Also why would you ask your mother about the arms and legs? I'm sure the two might tie into each other but I am confused.

As to the number 28, is there a particular reason for this? I find it odd that only one man would ever have worn that number. Care to explain? :cool:

I'm sorry if you felt I was ignoring that, I honestly just forgot to respond to it when I responded to your welcome message. I am not a huge sports fan so stuff like that does tend to slip my mind.

I actually just looked up Pride and Work, that seems like a rather interesting organization, I might have to look into that further. Though I rarely look into Pride type groups or events. I am not your average gay person in that respect I guess. Just not something I am much interested in.

And thanks for the interesting tid bits. You mentioned coming to America, from where did you come? if you don't mind my asking. Also why would you ask your mother about the arms and legs? I'm sure the two might tie into each other but I am confused.

As to the number 28, is there a particular reason for this? I find it odd that only one man would ever have worn that number. Care to explain? :cool:

lol...i left the Pride at Work hanging. it was a solidarity move of welcome to ya. keep the readers off balance. at the time, i was one of three straight males in the U.S. to be a member. there were a lot of straight women that were members because the workplace issues were similar, but very few straight guys. i think it might be slightly more difficult to be called "faggot" when you are straight than when you are gay. i don't know...but i just shrugged and laughed. one of my best friends was a gay warehouse teamster. great guy. took a lot of grief being openly gay but just quietly took the crap and got the job done...he never backed down though. ya gotta like that..

born inn singapore of irish and irish-american parents but grew up in post war france when they were in the vietnam sinkhole. dad was in U.S. Army. lot of young french men were blown to pieces and when you are a kid, what you see is normal to you.

a lot of people wore 28 but in all baseball, bert blyleven was the only one to have his jersey number retired.

anyway, welcome again, if ya need help, PM me. i'm new too.

Forum List

Back