Golfer-In-Chief' Obama Plays More Rounds Than Any President Since Eisenhower

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Since he can't wait on Congress, he has ample time for other activities.

20 years after first taking up the game of golf in 1997 - due to basketball injuries - President Obama has worked hard to get his handicap down to "an honest 13," comparable to former golfing presidents as they left office (Nixon 12, Clinton 10, JFK 14).

However, there is one thing Obama has them all beat with - during his eight years in the White House he played a total of 306 rounds of golf, more than any other president since Dwight Eisenhower.

20170116_golf1_0.jpg

As The Telegraph reports, Mr Obama's passion for golf contrasted with that of his predecessor, George W. Bush, who played just 24 times in office. Mr Bush gave up entirely in 2003 because he felt images of him playing seemed insensitive while US soldiers were fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan.

'Golfer-In-Chief' Obama Plays More Rounds Than Any President Since Eisenhower | Zero Hedge

Hurry, hurry, hurry---only three days left for this one!
Since Trump owns a bunch of golf courses I wonder how many rounds he'll get in? We'll see if you can count that high.

Since he can't wait on Congress, he has ample time for other activities.

20 years after first taking up the game of golf in 1997 - due to basketball injuries - President Obama has worked hard to get his handicap down to "an honest 13," comparable to former golfing presidents as they left office (Nixon 12, Clinton 10, JFK 14).

However, there is one thing Obama has them all beat with - during his eight years in the White House he played a total of 306 rounds of golf, more than any other president since Dwight Eisenhower.

20170116_golf1_0.jpg

As The Telegraph reports, Mr Obama's passion for golf contrasted with that of his predecessor, George W. Bush, who played just 24 times in office. Mr Bush gave up entirely in 2003 because he felt images of him playing seemed insensitive while US soldiers were fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghanistan.

'Golfer-In-Chief' Obama Plays More Rounds Than Any President Since Eisenhower | Zero Hedge
Clinton a friggin' 10! The philanderer-in-chief never played an honest round of golf in his life. I've read several accounts over the years of people who golfed with him or observed (secret service) him and they just laughed off whatever score Bubba would claim.

In fact I don't believe the Nixon or JFK handicaps either. I'm currently an 8 and know what it takes to get there. JFK with his back and other ailments and few rounds smells to me, and Nixon just didn't look physically coordinated enough to be anywhere near a 12.

Forum List

Back