Golden Oldies: Newt and the “cancer bed divorce” myth

Thing is though? IF Newt gains strength in his vying for the Republican nomination, and succeeds? The Statist press, and many statists here on this board will try to dismiss it, and run with it none the less.
Remember, we're dealing with people who believe in "fake but accurate".

Magical thinking. They really do believe their wishes alter reality.

Like "Barack The Magic Negro"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfxVkLhlu5s]Barack Obama The Magic Negro - YouTube[/ame]

Damage control to the rescue! Now that it is settled find someone to explain away the infidelity and lobbying irregularities then you are all set to still lose the nomination to Romney.

Trying to make that old story a myth now is like trying to unring the bell. It's out there, Newt is a dirty old man.

Damage control to the rescue! Now that it is settled find someone to explain away the infidelity and lobbying irregularities then you are all set to still lose the nomination to Romney.

Trying to make that old story a myth now is like trying to unring the bell. It's out there, Newt is a dirty old man.

Of course he is. He divorced his first wife to marry a young hottie. No one can deny that.
But that he served her divorce papers on her dying bed is stretching the truth one hell of a long way. And so very many have heard it often enough that they believe it.

I had a friend make the usual observation, via urban legend as to the infamous 'cancer bed divorce'. he said he read it at Salon.com....well, as usual the story its a bit more complicated and not quite as cut and dried as that pejorative blurb makes it sound.

Newt has political issues in several areas, and he will have to answer for them, but, their daughter doesn't seem to see this issue he way say Salon, abc cbs nbc cnn msnbc et al let on.

*shrugs* her account;

For years, I have thought about trying to correct the untrue accounts of this hospital visit. After all, I was at the hospital with them, and saw and heard what happened. But I have always hesitated, as it was a private family matter and my mother is a very private person. In addition, for the four people involved, it was one of a million interactions and was not considered a defining event by any of us.

My mother and I have both recently run into quite a few people who hold an inaccurate understanding of this hospital visit. Many think my mother is dead.

So, to correct the record, here is what happened: My mother, Jackie Battley Gingrich, is very much alive, and often spends time with my family. I am lucky to have such a “Miracle Mom,” as I titled her in a column this week.

As for my parents’ divorce, I can remember when they told me.

It was the spring of 1980.

I was 13 years old, and we were about to leave Fairfax, Va., and drive to Carrollton, Ga., for the summer. My parents told my sister and me that they were getting a divorce as our family of four sat around the kitchen table of our ranch home.

Soon afterward, my mom, sister and I got into our light-blue Chevrolet Impala and drove back to Carrollton.

Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.

It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won’t repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here’s what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

Dad took my sister and me to the hospital to see our mother.

She had undergone surgery the day before to remove a tumor.

The tumor was benign.

As with many divorces, it was hard and painful for all involved, but life continued.

Setting the Record Straight by Jackie Gingrich Cushman on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

hat tip Hot Air for the title

Marianne Ginther Gingrich was visiting her childhood home in Ohio in early May to celebrate her mother's 84th birthday when her husband phoned. After offering birthday wishes to his mother-in-law, Gingrich asked to speak to his wife. Virginia Ginther soon found her daughter in tears.

"I said, 'Marianne, what's wrong?'‚" Ginther recalled yesterday. She said Marianne replied: "He doesn't want me as his wife anymore."

There was a second jolt soon after. Newt Gingrich, now 56, informed his wife that he was having an affair with a congressional aide, a woman 23 years his junior, Ginther said.

"I was totally shocked," Marianne Gingrich, 48, said yesterday in an interview from her home in Marietta, Ga. "I had no idea."

Washingtonpost.com: How and What Newt Told Marianne

Debunk this.

Oops.

I had a friend make the usual observation, via urban legend as to the infamous 'cancer bed divorce'. he said he read it at Salon.com....well, as usual the story its a bit more complicated and not quite as cut and dried as that pejorative blurb makes it sound.

Newt has political issues in several areas, and he will have to answer for them, but, their daughter doesn't seem to see this issue he way say Salon, abc cbs nbc cnn msnbc et al let on.

*shrugs* her account;

For years, I have thought about trying to correct the untrue accounts of this hospital visit. After all, I was at the hospital with them, and saw and heard what happened. But I have always hesitated, as it was a private family matter and my mother is a very private person. In addition, for the four people involved, it was one of a million interactions and was not considered a defining event by any of us.

My mother and I have both recently run into quite a few people who hold an inaccurate understanding of this hospital visit. Many think my mother is dead.

So, to correct the record, here is what happened: My mother, Jackie Battley Gingrich, is very much alive, and often spends time with my family. I am lucky to have such a “Miracle Mom,” as I titled her in a column this week.

I was 13 years old, and we were about to leave Fairfax, Va., and drive to Carrollton, Ga., for the summer. My parents told my sister and me that they were getting a divorce as our family of four sat around the kitchen table of our ranch home.

Soon afterward, my mom, sister and I got into our light-blue Chevrolet Impala and drove back to Carrollton.

Later that summer, Mom went to Emory University Hospital in Atlanta for surgery to remove a tumor. While she was there, Dad took my sister and me to see her.

It is this visit that has turned into the infamous hospital visit about which many untruths have been told. I won’t repeat them. You can look them up online if you are interested in untruths. But here’s what happened:

My mother and father were already in the process of getting a divorce, which she requested.

The tumor was benign.

As with many divorces, it was hard and painful for all involved, but life continued.

Setting the Record Straight by Jackie Gingrich Cushman on Creators.com - A Syndicate Of Talent

Marianne Ginther Gingrich was visiting her childhood home in Ohio in early May to celebrate her mother's 84th birthday when her husband phoned. After offering birthday wishes to his mother-in-law, Gingrich asked to speak to his wife. Virginia Ginther soon found her daughter in tears.

"I said, 'Marianne, what's wrong?'‚" Ginther recalled yesterday. She said Marianne replied: "He doesn't want me as his wife anymore."

There was a second jolt soon after. Newt Gingrich, now 56, informed his wife that he was having an affair with a congressional aide, a woman 23 years his junior, Ginther said.

"I was totally shocked," Marianne Gingrich, 48, said yesterday in an interview from her home in Marietta, Ga. "I had no idea."

Debunk this.

Oops.

Oops is right.

The bumpy marriage relationship of Newt and Marianne was first noticed when the couple separated in June 1987. After having separate residences for six years, Newt and Marianne reportedly reconciled.

"He [Thomas Browning] said the Gingriches maintained separate residences for six years before reconciling in late 1993 or early 1994."
Source: AP. "Gingrich reveals 6-year separation in latest filing for his divorce." Marysville Journal-Tribune. Marysville, Ohio. 8/31/1999. pg. 3.

Marianne and Newt separated again on May 10, 1999 and Newt filed for divorce on July 29, 1999.

Doesn't sound like much of a surprise to me................

Marianne Ginther and Newt Gingrich Marriage Profile -- Marriage of Newt Gingrich and Marianne Ginther

I'm not entirely sure that's going to happen.

I think what we learned from our abortive dalliance with Herman Cain is that what the GOP is really looking for right now is a fighter. Someone who is going to take the battle to Obama and call him on stuff.

That man is not Mitt Romney. Oh, he tries and stuff.

You know what, I don't care about the Lobbying. I don't care about the infidelity.

I care that at my job right now, we have been letting people go all year. I care that the economy is still in the toilet after 3 years of Hope and Change.

I'm glad for the Obama's that their marriage is happy, I guess, but it doesn't help my situation.

Thanks for proving my earlier point. "It's real because I WANT it to be real!!" :lol:

*shrugs* her account;

The tumor was benign.

Debunk this.

Oops.

*shrugs* why? is it inaccurate?

Regardless of when, where, who and how, divorces are always troubling. It's not like getting a divorce is a thing that doesn't happen in America often, every day. Why is Newt's divorce even an issue in the political world? Everybody has skeletons in their closet. I'm just sitting back waiting for Romney's to start rattling the doors.

Because the right has made people's personal lives fair games.

You guys should shed yourselves of the religious right and then get back to us on your high horses.

As it stands, no one is buying your outrage that only follows party lines.

an who would 'you guys' shed, before getting back to us on your high horses.

*shrugs* her account;

The tumor was benign.

Debunk this.

Oops.

Oops is right.

The bumpy marriage relationship of Newt and Marianne was first noticed when the couple separated in June 1987. After having separate residences for six years, Newt and Marianne reportedly reconciled.

"He [Thomas Browning] said the Gingriches maintained separate residences for six years before reconciling in late 1993 or early 1994."
Source: AP. "Gingrich reveals 6-year separation in latest filing for his divorce." Marysville Journal-Tribune. Marysville, Ohio. 8/31/1999. pg. 3.

Marianne and Newt separated again on May 10, 1999 and Newt filed for divorce on July 29, 1999.

Doesn't sound like much of a surprise to me................

Marianne Ginther and Newt Gingrich Marriage Profile -- Marriage of Newt Gingrich and Marianne Ginther

Because she's a liar and we all know Newt is so very honest.

Gingrich: Same-sex marriage is a ‘temporary aberration’ | Iowa Caucuses

“I believe that marriage is between a man and woman,” Gingrich said. “It has been for all of recorded history and I think this is a temporary aberration that will dissipate. I think that it is just fundamentally goes against everything we know.”

Gingrich, who has been married three times and has previously admitted to being a past adulterer, made the statement in response to a question from the audience during an event he held at a Best Western hotel conference room.

----------------------------------------------------

I wonder what Newt's sister thinks about that?

*shrugs* her account;

The tumor was benign.

I posted the entire thing a few days ago. It can't be posted enough. It is important that the truth be told. Important to those seeking it, that is....

Never called the woman a liar, but there are always two sides to every story. Though the basic facts may be the same, the stories are different.

Ask two troops what happened during a firefight they were in and only 20 feet apart from each other and I promise you will get 2 different stories, add a third troop to the mix and you will get a third version.

People will always look at things differently and will always see things more the way they want them to be.....

You should know this rdean you are an expert at believing that the truth is what you want it to be......

Never called the woman a liar, but there are always two sides to every story. Though the basic facts may be the same, the stories are different.

Ask two troops what happened during a firefight they were in and only 20 feet apart from each other and I promise you will get 2 different stories, add a third troop to the mix and you will get a third version.

People will always look at things differently and will always see things more the way they want them to be.....

You should know this rdean you are an expert at believing that the truth is what you want it to be......

"We don't see things as they are, we see them as "we" are?"

*shrugs* her account;

The tumor was benign.

I had heard this account earlier in the week via Laura Ingraham. Thanks for posting it.

Thing is though? IF Newt gains strength in his vying for the Republican nomination, and succeeds? The Statist press, and many statists here on this board will try to dismiss it, and run with it none the less.
That is because libtards love lies and hate the truth.

I posted the entire thing a few days ago. It can't be posted enough. It is important that the truth be told. Important to those seeking it, that is....

But for leftists?

truthshieldscopy0sf.jpg

Forum List

Back