GOL Disaster [Since 2006]

marcell

E é assim que é!
Apr 28, 2010
São Paulo
Hey! I think I posted in the wrong place. Maybe it's more politics than another stuff. Sorry!

Some dialogs are in english. It worths to watch till the end. Most of it is in portuguese, but you may understand perfectly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifTaHh-tsRU&feature=related]EXCLUSIVO! Últimos diálogos dos pilotos do Legacy, acidente GOL1907 - YouTube[/ame]

This jet hit a boeing 737, with 154 people. The airplane was already in pieces when touched the ground. All the 154 died horribly.

The TCAS (kinda radar, that works for making sure that there won't be a crash), was off (in the jet). The american pilots were prosecuted for criminal acts. They did not pilot the plane well and because of thei lack of knowledge about the jet, 154 people died. A brazilian judge considered them guilty. But they were convicted to make social services in USA. Anyone here, that drives a car or pilot an helicopter without the right knowledge to this or having a negligente conduct, can be convicted to years of jail. But the american pilots were comfortably convicted to stay home.

Wikileaks published a file showing that american diplomats and some brazilian politicians were working to be sure that the pilots would get back to USA and wouldn't suffer any harm or heavy conviction.

I've been reading some news about this crash and about the trial. I saw it in a comment "That judge probably knows as much about aviation as a Hollywood moviemaker...next to nothing. The crew deserves a distinguished flying cross for their heroic efforts in saving the 7 aboard the bizjet."

Heroic? Their lack of responsability killed 154 people. Is it heroic?

What do you think about it? I'd like to see some opinions here. But as humans, not just american nationalists.

Last edited:
Hey marcell, Why don't you take your Brazilian Butt to a local forum? There ain't any? Your awkward english and awkward anti-American views are tiresome.

Yeah.

An accident happened.

Careless fucking Americans.

Therefore, America sucks.

Have President Obama include this sordid tragic incident on his next "America Sucks" tour.

America: Sucking since 1776!

Yeah.

An accident happened.

Have President Obama include this sordid tragic incident on his next "America Sucks" tour.

Whoa! A classic. :)

Hey marcell, Why don't you take your Brazilian Butt to a local forum? There ain't any? Your awkward english and awkward anti-American views are tiresome.

1 - Well, about my english, if you're writing about my post (means you understood), I'm satisfied. Someday I'll make my english better, studying abroad. :cool:

2 - Anti-American? Why would I be here if I don't like USA's people?

3 - Yeah, we have lots of Forums. But I don't think that we ignore info, like you're doing now.

4 - Just the way you talk makes YOU lose, not me.

5 - I didn't hope you'd understand ALL the video. But if you make even a lil effort, you'll understand when the pilots are talking in english, or you don't know your native language as well as the pilots?

6 - The brazilian channel was blaming the americans and telling that they're free, working in USA, just like nothing have ever happened. So, what does people think? People thinks that USA people doesn't give a shit to brazilians or anyone of those 154 dead. Then I come here to ASK about it, wanting to know what does USA's people think about that fact and the lack of punishment. Then you tell that I'm anti-american. I'm not. Anti-american are the ones that speak shit about USA, but never get to american people, to know what you think.

7 - If I can read well, it's a politics forum, isn't it? Arguments should be here, not a baby crying, sending my ass back to wherever.

8 - What I was wanting: Knowing about the situation, and after listening to the desperated pilots trying to control the airplane and even being able to hear them die... what do you think about the situation, about the brazilian judge, the Itamaraty (brazilian external office) and the american diplomats action. Would you consider it and stop feel yourself attacked by a brazilian fundamentalist?

9 - If it happened in USA, instead of Brazil, with 2 brazilian pillots and 154 american deads, I'd say that an USA's judge should, at least, make them stay in prison for some years and never be able to pilot again. And make social services. After all that, they should be deported back to Brazil, where they would face the brazilian public opinion, as assassins. It's the same that happens with drunk drivers. This is not a big mistery, is it?

Anyway, I just wanted to know OPINIONS! The first answer came after 2 or 3 minutes, I think. The video, alone, has almost 10 minutes. I see the nice basis you have to write about my Anti-American Brazilian Butt.

Last edited:
Yeah.

An accident happened.

Hey, what's the problem with you guys? I'm not talking about ALL USA's people. I'm talking about those 2 pilots (they could be mexicans, or spanish, whatever!) and the action of both governments, brazilian and american. Wasn't I clear enough about it? If not, I can do it clearly.

Again,why don't you take this up with the UN and the World Court? I seriously doubt an American Message Board is going to do anything for you. You sound very shaken up over this. I'm just trying to help. Gotta run though. See Ya.

Again,why don't you take this up with the UN and the World Court? I seriously doubt an American Message Board is going to do anything for you. You sound very shaken up over this. I'm just trying to help. Gotta run though. See Ya.

"OPINION" Does it mean anything to you? Ohh yeah... I see. Yeah, thank you, I'm sure that UN will be helpfull, like you are here! See ya!

It was an accident.

So why are you asking for comments (but not the comments akin to American nationists)?

What the fuck is there to "comment" about?

An accident killed lots of people.

Accidents sometimes suck massively like that.

Tell ya what. You share with us your "comments" about that accident. That way we might have a template for understanding the type of "commentary" you seek.

So far, from what I can decipher of your OP, you think the American pilots were negligent and irresponsible and that they "got away" with nearly criminal behavior (or outright criminal behavior)?

Ok. And? OJ fucking Simpson got away with a double murder. I disapprove of that, too.

It was an accident.

So why are you asking for comments (but not the comments akin to American nationists)?

What the fuck is there to "comment" about?

An accident killed lots of people.

Accidents sometimes suck massively like that.

Tell ya what. You share with us your "comments" about that accident. That way we might have a template for understanding the type of "commentary" you seek.

So far, from what I can decipher of your OP, you think the American pilots were negligent and irresponsible and that they "got away" with nearly criminal behavior (or outright criminal behavior)?

Ok. And? OJ fucking Simpson got away with a double murder. I disapprove of that, too.

This... if they don't know how to control the plane, just don't pilot it. Simple like this. :eusa_eh: Accidents like this, here, are not very impresive, as 2 Focker 100 fell like flies in São Paulo, and no one is sure about the reason. But when you can hear the guys there, dying, it gets impressive. No matter if they're brazilians. They could be from anywhere, it'd be impressive. That's what I wanted to share. I'm not trying to make USA's people feel like ignorants or whatever. Got it?

I never heard about this man, that escaped from a double murder conviction. I think he should be convicted to death :evil: (that's why I love some american states). But a negligent pilot, or engineer, or doctor... they kill even more. And the point was that with just a lil influence from some USA's diplomats, the 2 pilots went back free. They won't be able to pilot anymore and will need to make some social services. What is impressive about it that no one wanted to see them in jail for life, or something worst. But, as you said, they escaped from a 154 murder conviction, just going home, making social services and losing their licenses.

About the opinions, I wanted to know if people agreed or not with this situation, because I saw comments of people saying that they were heroes, got it? I don't know if it was well broadcasted there. So, this is it. I'm sorry for some mistakes, when writing, but I'm typing fast and sometimes, even in portuguese, I make mistakes. And let's say that I need to make my enlglish better :razz: :clap2:

Not enough English in that dialog for us to know what the hell was going on.

Ok, I'll hepl you with the dialog of the brazilian pilots.

At 09:01

- What happened?!

- Oh, my dear god!

- Calm down, calm down!

...silence

- Ouch!

...Boom!

And the press is saying that if the TCAS were turned on, both aircrafts, 25 miles before, would "talk" to eachother and take another way. They'd divert. They wouldn't crash. The pilots were lost in the jet. They didn't know how to pilot it well. It was said that when the TCAS is turned off, there are no loud alerts. But, the judge said that the pilots couldn't stand still, because they're profesionals, not passengers.

1 hour before the crash, the american commander slept. When he wope up, 3 or 4 minutes later, they crashed.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back