Going to be popping the question sometime this summer

and i see you simply refuse to answer that question...what does me being a christian or not have to do with children born out of wedlock?

So I should have rather married her immediately upon learning of conception, when we were only together for a couple months, instead of spending some time together, LIVED together to know if we're compatible that way, and gotten to really know each other?

no you should have used birth control ..that simple and then gotten to know each other...

What I did was the SMART thing to do. We've waited long enough that we now know exactly what we're getting into with each other, rather than rushing in like fools. Sure, the child was a "mistake". But he's my GREATEST mistake, bones. If the child was a mistake, why potentially make another one by rushing into a marriage that might not have been practical?

Not to mention, children out of, or in, wedlock, is not something I rest any specific type of beliefs on. Never was, never will be. My life does not come complete with pre-conceived rules. I make my own decisions based on my on free will, and live with them.

are you living with the stigma of being born out of wedlock? seems you imposed your free will and all your open mindness on a child who had no choice...you did.

I'm sorry it's got you so flustered tonight. Goodnight bones.

you dont have me flustered...i am always amazed at how people on message boards always go on about marriage and morals and about immigrants and anyone else having children they cant support or they arent married...but let a regular poster announce they are marrying after having a child out of wedlock and watch the tunes change...my tune does not chance on this at all....use birth control.....it is that simple and if you had only known her a month or two more reason to use birth control....i am just glad all of you are not hiv postive at this point...but that is just more of my hating right?

I haven't seen Paulie go off about "marriage and morals and about immigrants and anyone else having children they cant support or they arent married" :doubt:

Looks more like a bit of misplaced and unnecessary commentary on your part, but after all he did choose to make it public in this thread and so he is subject to your opinion nonetheless. :eusa_clap:

Last edited:
I would love it when Peyton Manning proposes to me at halftime at a Colts game! :lol:

The thing, I like about Peyton is that he will make a great stepfather to your daughter, and will not hold it against her that her dad is Tom Brady.

I would love it when Peyton Manning proposes to me at halftime at a Colts game! :lol:

The thing, I like about Peyton is that he will make a great stepfather to your daughter, and will not hold it against her that her dad is Tom Brady.

Yes, I finally have that New England Patriot stench washed off of her.................thank goodness I have the brains in the family too!

Yes, I finally have that New England Patriot stench washed off of her.................thank goodness I have the brains in the family too!

Are you saying that you have brains...while your daughter does not?

Now that's just sad. :(

Are you saying that you have brains...while your daughter does not?

Now that's just sad. :(

I'm saying she's so smart because of me, not her daddy Tom Brady. He married me for my money by the way.................

How does a thread like this get mired in drama? Seriously, wish the man and his future wife your best wishes and move on.

sheesh.

If you even have to ask this question on a PUBLIC MESSAGE board then I'm afraid you're in trouble!

You type as though you have a lot of doubts. Ever hear the word "When in doubt don't"? You need to do some serious soul searching as to why you are going to ask a woman to marry you. Marriage is a commitment that shouldn't be taken lightly as so many have. It's not only your life, its your childs and your future wife. Are read to spend the rest of your life with this woman?

I love people who think that after a child is born you still have the option of opting out.

The woman's in his life now for the rest of his life because of the child. He's doing the right thing to marry her.

Why a Phillies game?

Why not a nice restaurant or on a boat on a picturesque lake or whisking her away to Paris?

Because he said that's where he is most at peace.....and they are both big Philly's fans....and it has special meaning to both of them.

That is romance to some..........I think it's so cool! :cool:

If you even have to ask this question on a PUBLIC MESSAGE board then I'm afraid you're in trouble!

You type as though you have a lot of doubts. Ever hear the word "When in doubt don't"? You need to do some serious soul searching as to why you are going to ask a woman to marry you. Marriage is a commitment that shouldn't be taken lightly as so many have. It's not only your life, its your childs and your future wife. Are read to spend the rest of your life with this woman?

I love people who think that after a child is born you still have the option of opting out.

The woman's in his life now for the rest of his life because of the child. He's doing the right thing to marry her.

Of getting married?

paulie, i am sorry. i had no right to say what i said to you about your life or your business. i regret calling your child a bastard. I expect no forgiveness for that remark.

I hope all goes well for you and your little family,

again i am sorry for what i said. no excuses, just an apology.

I always knew I would do it at a Phillies game, so I'm going to pick the game, buy the tickets, and set it all up with the stadium.

Already have the ring picked out, just need to pick it up.

I'm fucking scared as shit :lol:

Not because I think she'll say no, I know she'll say yes, but because I'm a guy and that kind of commitment is of course a scary thing. She's the mother of my child though, and I'm nothing without her.

Any suggestions?
I think it is cool when men do this but I never want to be asked that way, I hate being put on the spot in public. Good Luck!

I'm just sharing it with the fellow posters of the board, Terry. I'm not asking a question, I'm just making a statement pretty much.

Yes, I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with her. I never used to believe in marriage, but as I've gotten older I've gotten more conservative, and I take that kind of committment seriously. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't prepared to stick it out. This girl and I have been through so much crap already and we're still going, that I just know we'll be ok. We're pushing 30, so there's a lot of time left in our lives, but based on what we've come through so far, it just seems right.

There's various other reasons why I think it's the right time, which I won't bother getting into, but I also can't imagine not raising our child together.

The girl completes me, I don't know what else to say, as corny as that line has probably become. I've gone through a certain amount of time without her since we've been together, and I'm just not the same person without her.

I don't think a guy being scared about it should necessarily be alarming, in and of itself. The main reason it scares me is BECAUSE I know it will be forever. I've always been a man of my word, and if I give a vow to stay together until we die, then that's my word.

Congratulations! :clap2:

Why a Phillies game?

Why not a nice restaurant or on a boat on a picturesque lake or whisking her away to Paris?

Because he said that's where he is most at peace.....and they are both big Philly's fans....and it has special meaning to both of them.

That is romance to some..........I think it's so cool! :cool:

Fair enough.

Marrying a woman who is a sports fan is a BIG plus.

I'm just sharing it with the fellow posters of the board, Terry. I'm not asking a question, I'm just making a statement pretty much.

Yes, I'm ready to spend the rest of my life with her. I never used to believe in marriage, but as I've gotten older I've gotten more conservative, and I take that kind of committment seriously. I wouldn't do it if I wasn't prepared to stick it out. This girl and I have been through so much crap already and we're still going, that I just know we'll be ok. We're pushing 30, so there's a lot of time left in our lives, but based on what we've come through so far, it just seems right.

There's various other reasons why I think it's the right time, which I won't bother getting into, but I also can't imagine not raising our child together.

The girl completes me, I don't know what else to say, as corny as that line has probably become. I've gone through a certain amount of time without her since we've been together, and I'm just not the same person without her.

I don't think a guy being scared about it should necessarily be alarming, in and of itself. The main reason it scares me is BECAUSE I know it will be forever. I've always been a man of my word, and if I give a vow to stay together until we die, then that's my word.

Congratulations! It is wonderful that you are planning to get married, making it official. Sounds like you are doing it for all the right reasons.

paulie, i am sorry. i had no right to say what i said to you about your life or your business. i regret calling your child a bastard. I expect no forgiveness for that remark.

I hope all goes well for you and your little family,

again i am sorry for what i said. no excuses, just an apology.

Apology accepted, but I wasn't really that offended anyway. It was a heated topic for you and you gave your opinion. Like Valerie said earlier, I put this out in public and I was prepared to handle the varying responses.

The only reason I made this thread is because I've been here long enough that I've made a few friends, and I just felt like sharing it with the board.

As far as birth control, I don't like what it does to women. It fucks with your hormones, and it's not something the human body is supposed to be ingesting in my opinion. I realize there are options on my end, but I'm not perfect :D

I wouldn't trade the little SOB for anything in the world, though. He keeps me sane when all else fails.

ahhh see i taught sex ed....that is no excuse...with hiv....o the lectures i could give you...i remember when getting herpes and warts was the scariest thing out there. hopefully all children are loved...plus when i was bitching to a friend today about the board...and the topics and the frustrations of it....

he looks right at me and goes, "me and mary have lived together for how long now"....o shit....he and mary never got married...he would bang me into a small speck if i called his daughter a bastard. then we started sorting out..married friends...on 5x but hey this one is working it does seem, parents my age with an 8 year old...etc...he ask me why i was so pious (sp) on a computer when i sure wasnt that picky in real life...i had no idea why.. my husband has been married before, we have a pretty open marriage....so who am i to judge as long as y ou love your child and respect his mother....and take care of your family....do it the way that works for you.

did i mention the younger ones are saying they are pretty sure i can be dragged slowly into this century....i went to get an atm card today....seems that is not what i want....i came home...i wil try ordering a debit card tomorrow. i am not sure how this is gonna be faster but apparently i have become extinct in the use of checks....you can almost hear the collective groan.

thank you

Last edited:
I always knew I would do it at a Phillies game, so I'm going to pick the game, buy the tickets, and set it all up with the stadium.

Already have the ring picked out, just need to pick it up.

I'm fucking scared as shit :lol:

Not because I think she'll say no, I know she'll say yes, but because I'm a guy and that kind of commitment is of course a scary thing. She's the mother of my child though, and I'm nothing without her.

Any suggestions?

Do it in her parent's home and get down on your knee.

Forum List

Back