Going to be popping the question sometime this summer

Congrats Paulie! I think it's cool, you said she's a Philly's Fan too! :clap2:

I would love it when Peyton Manning proposes to me at halftime at a Colts game! :lol:

You both will be very happy! :cool:

why make what should be a private moment a big public event? a marriage proposal to me...should be private....when you can say sweet nothing or anything you wish without the world watching....i am not such a public person....and i think since you already have a child ...the grandstanding is a bit embaressing...

The reason for the Phillies game is because baseball games are where I'm the most at peace. It's something we share together, and frankly, if she wasn't a fan it would probably be a deal breaker. I'm not sure where we spend time together that's more special to me than a baseball game. If that's cheezy, then so be it.

It's also got nothing to do with the other fans being there. If it was possible, I'd just as soon rent the entire stadium to ourselves for one game and do it like that.

I don't really care about the publicity. The only other place in the entire world that's even remotely as special to me is the top of a mountain on a snowboarding day. And being that this is a summer proposal, I'm gonna have to skip that one.

Last edited:
Hey Paulie, let us know ahead of time which Phillies game it will be, ok? I'm not a baseball fan (hey, don't shoot me!) but I'd watch just for you. Congrats. Two bits of advice for the wedding: First, have the day recorded. We didn't and very much regret it. Second, if you have the reception at some sort of country club and the stupid photographer wants you to ride a golf cart down to some lame bridge to take another 20 shots, turn him down and get yourselves to the reception.

then why did you wait till your child was a bastard to think of marriage?...

Hey bones, that's out of line, even for you.

Not that he has to defend himself to you, but he's been living with her for years, and she just graduated nursing school. He is raising his child with her, and is not one of those dads that said, "see ya" to her and his child. From what I've read about Paulie, he's a great dad and loves his child.

then why did you wait till your child was a bastard to think of marriage?...

Because people change, Bones. First of all, I'm not a christian. I just recently started attending a christian type of church, but that doesn't make me a christian automatically. Also, I never believed in the institution of marriage, at least for myself anyway. I didn't feel like it mattered whether or not we wore a set of rings and gave each other a promise. I'm the same dad with or without a ring on my finger.

I would think you'd be able to understand something like that, not even being a christian yourself.

no its not out of line..he is making this big deal of this proposal...i am wondering why his child was born out of wedlock (is that better than bastard or just more tactful) he talks about how this was the woman for him blah blah blah and wants to make a big deal of a proposal..when they have a child...and i am curious from him why they didnt marry before now?

he brought up this grand marriage proposal why cant i ask why he didnt do it before the birth of his child?

so you are proposing out of christian guilt ....this just gets better and better

Yeah, because that's exactly what I just said :rolleyes:

You're a hater tonight bones, I'll steer clear rather than get into a pointless fight.

'night.

if he is such a great dad and loves his child would he not want his child to be born in the security of marriage?

what is a good father? one who allows their child to born with an un needed stigma? and yes it is still a stigma

you think that because i am not a christian i would have an child out of wedlock....o do explain that thinking?

and i see you simply refuse to answer that question...what does me being a christian or not have to do with children born out of wedlock?

bones, Paulie said he was leaving this thread for the night. Why don't you get off your judgemental soap box and leave it for now too.

look if he wants to come on and make this big deal of this proposal at a phillie game fine..i wish him and her all the luck in the world....but why do people not marry before they have kids...? is that not a fair question...does that make me a hater? and what the hell does religion has to do with marrying before having a child. and why should me not being a christian imply that i have no morals?

you think that because i am not a christian i would have an child out of wedlock....o do explain that thinking?

and i see you simply refuse to answer that question...what does me being a christian or not have to do with children born out of wedlock?

So I should have rather married her immediately upon learning of conception, when we were only together for a couple months, instead of spending some time together, LIVED together to know if we're compatible that way, and gotten to really know each other?

What I did was the SMART thing to do. We've waited long enough that we now know exactly what we're getting into with each other, rather than rushing in like fools. Sure, the child was a "mistake". But he's my GREATEST mistake, bones. If the child was a mistake, why potentially make another one by rushing into a marriage that might not have been practical?

Not to mention, children out of, or in, wedlock, is not something I rest any specific type of beliefs on. Never was, never will be. My life does not come complete with pre-conceived rules. I make my own decisions based on my on free will, and live with them.

I'm sorry it's got you so flustered tonight. Goodnight bones.

no its not out of line..he is making this big deal of this proposal...i am wondering why his child was born out of wedlock (is that better than bastard or just more tactful) he talks about how this was the woman for him blah blah blah and wants to make a big deal of a proposal..when they have a child...and i am curious from him why they didnt marry before now?

he brought up this grand marriage proposal why cant i ask why he didnt do it before the birth of his child?

Maybe he wasn't sure whether or not he wanted to commit to spending the rest of his life with her before, but now he is. :rolleyes: To me it shows a respect for marriage, actually.

So I should have rather married her immediately upon learning of conception, when we were only together for a couple months, instead of spending some time together, LIVED together to know if we're compatible that way, and gotten to really know each other?

no you should have used birth control ..that simple and then gotten to know each other...

What I did was the SMART thing to do. We've waited long enough that we now know exactly what we're getting into with each other, rather than rushing in like fools. Sure, the child was a "mistake". But he's my GREATEST mistake, bones. If the child was a mistake, why potentially make another one by rushing into a marriage that might not have been practical?

Not to mention, children out of, or in, wedlock, is not something I rest any specific type of beliefs on. Never was, never will be. My life does not come complete with pre-conceived rules. I make my own decisions based on my on free will, and live with them.

are you living with the stigma of being born out of wedlock? seems you imposed your free will and all your open mindness on a child who had no choice...you did.

I'm sorry it's got you so flustered tonight. Goodnight bones.

you dont have me flustered...i am always amazed at how people on message boards always go on about marriage and morals and about immigrants and anyone else having children they cant support or they arent married...but let a regular poster announce they are marrying after having a child out of wedlock and watch the tunes change...my tune does not chance on this at all....use birth control.....it is that simple and if you had only known her a month or two more reason to use birth control....i am just glad all of you are not hiv postive at this point...but that is just more of my hating right?

Forum List

Back