Godzilla v Kong

The thing that always bothered me about the Kong vs. Godzilla movies? Is they changed the size of Kong to make these movies. Why? Do they think no one would notice?

Kong-Chained.jpg

king-kong.jpg

iu
iu
It has been some time since I watched anything remotely like this. I spent the first 5 minutes with part of my brain saying, "This is so unrealistic." The other part of my brain saying, "You just paid money to see Godzilla v Kong. It's all unrealistic."

The thing that always bothered me about the Kong vs. Godzilla movies? Is they changed the size of Kong to make these movies. Why? Do they think no one would notice?

Kong-Chained.jpg

king-kong.jpg

iu
iu
It has been some time since I watched anything remotely like this. I spent the first 5 minutes with part of my brain saying, "This is so unrealistic." The other part of my brain saying, "You just paid money to see Godzilla v Kong. It's all unrealistic."
The Kong movies always fascinated me. . . mostly because I have always been a fan of cryptozoology.

Having studied primatology at Uni, I am aware that there had once roamed the Earth, back in the not too distant past, oh, around half a million years ago, though some big foot enthusiasts maintain the link, that this is what is related to sightings, an ape called Gigantopithecus.

The original Kong movie takes place in the part of the world that is around the tradtitional habitat for this animal. . . so, it is not out the realm of the imagination for an ape that could have gotten. . . largish. Not of course, of the size we are talking for Kong. . . but still, it fires the imagination.

Kong basically got his ass kicked. I'm shocked. How does that even happen? This is not ok.

Primate aggression vs a diet of radio active kelp and tai-chi. Kong just wasnt able to pace himself. I guess he had the same problem against the Mario Brothers.
Why would Godzilla do taichi?

haha... I'm glad someone caught that! I know.. I know... but it just sounded good.
I've done a little taichi myself and I know the origins... but maybe you could just consider God Zilla to be a lizardman of all seasons? Besides, the way he sways back and forth sometimes it sort of looks like TaiChi

Kong-Chained.jpg

king-kong.jpg

iu
iu

Its just a nostalgia tax... no need to feel guilty. Now Pro Wrestling! thats Real!!!!

Kong basically got his ass kicked. I'm shocked. How does that even happen? This is not ok.

Primate aggression vs a diet of radio active kelp and tai-chi. Kong just wasnt able to pace himself. I guess he had the same problem against the Mario Brothers.

haha... I'm glad someone caught that! I know.. I know... but it just sounded good.
I've done a little taichi myself and I know the origins... but maybe you could just consider God Zilla to be a lizardman of all seasons? Besides, the way he sways back and forth sometimes it sort of looks like TaiChi
Well, with those little arms he wouldn't be much of a boxer.

Right? true, and his pushing hands technique would also be wanting. Where he scores big is in the deep breathing exercizes. Notice that exhale?... thats not just garlic breath!

The movies was free on HBO MAX even at that, it was over priced.
Total waste of time

Godzilla was the savior of Japan. The great apes have been villainized for hundreds of years leading to their near extinction. The fact is Gorillas are mostly vegetarian, shy, intelligent, and peaceful except in rare instances when threatened.
I suspect this is just another quickly forgotten movie providing mindless entertainment.

Godzilla was the savior of Japan. The great apes have been villainized for hundreds of years leading to their near extinction. The fact is Gorillas are mostly vegetarian, shy, intelligent, and peaceful except in rare instances when threatened.
I suspect this is just another quickly forgotten movie providing mindless entertainment.
I agree. It was mindless. It will be forgotten quick enough.

Bonzi's boys are here this weekend, we watched this move last night.... much to my delight [rolls eyes]

This was one bad movie. I honestly can't think of a single thing that was done well.
I give it one half of one star. It is that bad.

Bonzi's boys are here this weekend, we watched this move last night.... much to my delight [rolls eyes]

This was one bad movie. I honestly can't think of a single thing that was done well.

It was a bad movie. That's why so many people are watching it. It is mindless entertainment for a lot of people that are highly stressed right now.

It was a bad movie. That's why so many people are watching it. It is mindless entertainment for a lot of people that are highly stressed right now.
I get that, but to that point... it is bad at even being a mindless movie, or as I like to refer those movies - mind candy.
There was nothing satisfying in this film. Godzilla and Kong only fight for what - maybe 3 minutes total in the entire film? And in that it was basically scenes of Kong getting his ass kicked like a child.
The hype is why so many watch this film. And shows, with emphasis, how critic ratings are useless anymore.
The Metascore is 59. Which would indicate the movie is.... blah. But not that bad.
That is a higher rating than "The Mule"... that says this movie was better than Mule. Are you kidding me?

I get that, but to that point... it is bad at even being a mindless movie, or as I like to refer those movies - mind candy.
There was nothing satisfying in this film. Godzilla and Kong only fight for what - maybe 3 minutes total in the entire film? And in that it was basically scenes of Kong getting his ass kicked like a child.
The hype is why so many watch this film. And shows, with emphasis, how critic ratings are useless anymore.
The Metascore is 59. Which would indicate the movie is.... blah. But not that bad.
That is a higher rating than "The Mule"... that says this movie was better than Mule. Are you kidding me?
YOU SAW IT TOO. He did get his ass kicked. I've never seen the Mule.

Forum List

Back