God vs Athiesm: Which Is More Rationale?

I
The conclusion that God exists doesn’t require faith. Atheism requires faith. It takes faith to believe in everything coming from nothing. It takes only reason to believe in everything coming from God.
]

If a child was raised on a deserted island with no exposure to religion- if she didn't believe in a god- how would that be 'faith'?

When I see water flowing in a river- it is not faith for me to acknowledge the river- even though I don't know where the river started.

As an atheist it doesn't take 'faith' for me to not believe in a god. No more than it takes 'faith' to not collect stamps.

But I do think it is a shame you have no faith in your god.

Why would the child have to be a female?

Why not?

Sounds sexist to me. Why a desert island? Why not Chicago's inner city?

The chance that any kind of a 200-component integrated functioning organism could be developed by mutation and natural selection just once, anywhere in the world, in all the assumed expanse of geologic time, is less than one chance out of a billion trillion. What possible conclusion, therefore, can we derive from such considerations as this except that evolution by mutation and natural selection is mathematically and logically indefensible

Much more logical than a sky daddy creating stuff! This is what the ancient people did because they didn't understand how things worked! Little by little, science has shown us how things really work, and now the religious people are scrambling to include their versions of god (s) into it!

Now scrambling? The Bible has been around for quite some time now. The Torah even before that. I don't think it is anything new. The Bible even speaks of atheists and agnostics way back when.

No kidding. It's not new. This is what bible thumpers have been trying to do forever, even after their "god theory" has been debunked! Lol.

Debunked? Link??

Yes debunked. Are you not aware that earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. were attributed to god (s) at one time? No link required. Common knowledge.

I
The conclusion that God exists doesn’t require faith. Atheism requires faith. It takes faith to believe in everything coming from nothing. It takes only reason to believe in everything coming from God.
]

If a child was raised on a deserted island with no exposure to religion- if she didn't believe in a god- how would that be 'faith'?

When I see water flowing in a river- it is not faith for me to acknowledge the river- even though I don't know where the river started.

As an atheist it doesn't take 'faith' for me to not believe in a god. No more than it takes 'faith' to not collect stamps.

Why not?

Seems as if you are trying to avoid the point the poster was making. Lol. I can see why.

The chance that any kind of a 200-component integrated functioning organism could be developed by mutation and natural selection just once, anywhere in the world, in all the assumed expanse of geologic time, is less than one chance out of a billion trillion. What possible conclusion, therefore, can we derive from such considerations as this except that evolution by mutation and natural selection is mathematically and logically indefensible

Much more logical than a sky daddy creating stuff! This is what the ancient people did because they didn't understand how things worked! Little by little, science has shown us how things really work, and now the religious people are scrambling to include their versions of god (s) into it!

Now scrambling? The Bible has been around for quite some time now. The Torah even before that. I don't think it is anything new. The Bible even speaks of atheists and agnostics way back when.

No kidding. It's not new. This is what bible thumpers have been trying to do forever, even after their "god theory" has been debunked! Lol.

Debunked? Link??

Yes debunked. Are you not aware that earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. were attributed to god (s) at one time? No link required. Common knowledge.

Hell we have ministers here in the United States that have blamed natural disasters on Gay's retribution for not throwing gays in prison.

I
]

Why not?

Why don't you want to address my post?

Oh right......you don't do that.

Debunked? Link??

How does any of that debunk God in any way?

I
]

Why not?

I had to run on a little errand for the wife.

I
]

Why not?

Seems as if you are trying to avoid the point the poster was making. Lol. I can see why.

Was I supposed to answer it? I really just considered it nonsense and tried to pull her chain.

I
]

Why not?

I don't see any post of yours that I require addressing. Please point it out for me.

Actually, you atheists and agnostics should appreciate God. You reject God and He in turn rejects you. Sounds fair and equitable to me.

Debunked? Link??

It certainly doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Lol. I just explained it to you as well. :D All of those things that were attributed to "gods" were found out to be actually NOT attributed to gods at all, but completely natural earth processes.

Debunked? Link??

It certainly doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Lol. I just explained it to you as well. :D All of those things that were attributed to "gods" were found out to be actually NOT attributed to gods at all, but completely natural earth processes.

Well Dimwit, that simply means the people were wrong. It had nothing to do with God. Surely you can see that?

Debunked? Link??

Well Dimwit, that simply means the people were wrong. It had nothing to do with God. Surely you can see that?

Well, people wrote the Bible thousands of years ago, and I agree, they are wrong. :D

Debunked? Link??

Well, people wrote the Bible thousands of years ago, and I agree, they are wrong. :D

Actually, they must have been pretty smart to have included the parts that tell how you would come to reject God and then also say that He would in turn, give you over to your reprobate minds.

Actually, you atheists and agnostics should appreciate God. You reject God and He in turn rejects you. Sounds fair and equitable to me.

God rejects pretty much everyone. Heaven must be a lonely place. Lol. :D

No actually He doesn't. He does reject those who reject Him though. He is entirely fair about it.

Superstitious malarkey. Lol.

Actually He makes quite a distinction as to the rewards of His followers as opposed to the rewards in store for those who reject Him. Really though, that is not my problem.

Actually, they must have been pretty smart to have included the parts that tell how you would come to reject God and then also say that He would in turn, give you over to your reprobate minds.

Lol. It's just superstition, like all ancient peoples believed. Nothing more than that.

God rejects pretty much everyone. Heaven must be a lonely place. Lol. :D

No actually He doesn't. He does reject those who reject Him though. He is entirely fair about it.

Superstitious malarkey. Lol.

Actually He makes quite a distinction as to the rewards of His followers as opposed to the rewards in store for those who reject Him. Really though, that is not my problem.

Where does he do this? In the bible written by ancient men thousands of years ago? :D

Forum List

Back