"God" versus "gods"

Questioner

Nov 26, 2019
This, in my view is the primary difference between "God" in Christianity and monotheistic faiths, and "gods" in pagan or polytheistic

God - Supreme being of the entire cosmos, a perfect being, part of an orderly cosmos made up of universal laws, not a physical entity but an abstract concept

"gods" - Powerful beings who are "imperfect" and live "mortal lives", physical entities with flesh and blood, part of a random, chaotic cosmos in which phenomina are dictated by the whim of the gods, as opposed to an orderly cosmos built on universal laws

This, in my view is the primary difference between "God" in Christianity and monotheistic faiths, and "gods" in pagan or polytheistic

God - Supreme being of the entire cosmos, a perfect being, part of an orderly cosmos made up of universal laws...

I think you have misunderstood that part.

The biblical god is not part of the universe, but totally the contrary, the universe is part of God. He created the universe, this means he is beyond the universe itself.

there is no god--plain and simple...no one can prove it
..if you claim there is a god, YOU have to prove it--if not = bullshit
--we don't have to disprove it

God - Supreme being of the entire cosmos, a perfect being, part of an orderly cosmos made up of universal laws...

I think you have misunderstood that part.

The biblical god is not part of the universe, but totally the contrary, the universe is part of God. He created the universe, this means he is beyond the universe itself.
The biblical god is not part of the universe, but totally the contrary, the universe is part of God. He (they) created the universe, this means he (they are) is beyond the universe itself.

... the biblical is riddled with inaccuracies - is the above important, they are synonymous everything is the universe and the universe is Everlasting.

• Banned
Fail...

Nope ;)

Julius Caesar does not exist - no one can prove it.

Unless you provide me with a video recording of Julius Caesar saying his name and reciting the alphabet backwards, it will not be accepted as evidence or proof.

So no, you have to prove that Julius Caesar exists per the definitions provided above - I don't have to disprove it.

Fail...

Nope ;)

Unless you provide me with a video recording of Julius Caesar saying his name and reciting the alphabet backwards, it will not be accepted as evidence or proof.

So no, you have to prove that Julius Caesar exists per the definitions provided above - I don't have to disprove it.
..so immature and childish ...hahahhahahaha
we are not talking about Caesar---hahahahhahah
USMB gives me some good laughs --thank you
great proof you have there--more hahahhahahhaha

plain and very simple for you--no proof of god

Fail...

Nope ;)

The proof is all around you. You are without excuse for not seeing it.

Fail...

Nope ;)

it sure is
hahahhahahahahah

Fail...

Nope ;)

it sure is
hahahhahahahahah
100%

Forum List

Back