"God is Love"

god is a collectivist dictator that required the heinous murder of children
allah is a heinous dictator that favors wars of man

logic and reason, accompanied by the inborn empathy that's innate to the human animal ....are far Superior to brainwashing.

Dictator? He made us dingleberry. By definition, we belong to him, but he has given us the power to reject him, which you have chosen.

Why not thank him?

Dictators don't give us such choices.
I don't believe in obvious fairytales like a manchild, dufus
81lxx3ffuEL.png

No such thing as a man child, eh?

logic and reason, accompanied by the inborn empathy that's innate to the human animal ....are far Superior to brainwashing.

Dictator? He made us dingleberry. By definition, we belong to him, but he has given us the power to reject him, which you have chosen.

Why not thank him?

81lxx3ffuEL.png

Did you really misread that sentence, that terribly?

No wonder!

Why not thank him?

81lxx3ffuEL.png

No wonder!

No historian worth their salt denies Jesus lived, so you?

Why not thank him?

81lxx3ffuEL.png

No wonder!

"Worth their salt" is a subjective view, and the only way that your view raises any eye-brows is if you could hold a reasonable dialogue for more than 3 honest posts before shitting your pants and going la la la with your fingers in your ears.

Sort of like when I (charitably) point out to you.... that you're an anti-collectivist, yet subscribe to the institutions built SOLELY on collectivism (Religion).

It's alright, Votto. The things any grown adult has to reconcile to believe in Religious fairy tales make you a persistent worker, at least.

Why not thank him?

81lxx3ffuEL.png

No wonder!

"Worth their salt" is a subjective view, and the only way that your view raises any eye-brows is if you could hold a reasonable dialogue for more than 3 honest posts before shitting your pants and going la la la with your fingers in your ears.

Sort of like when I (charitably) point out to you.... that you're an anti-collectivist, yet subscribe to the institutions built SOLELY on collectivism (Religion).

It's alright, Votto. The things any grown adult has to reconcile to believe in Religious fairy tales make you a persistent worker, at least.

The only reason collectivism is an issue is because it brings power and power corrupts corruptible men. And no, Obama and Moa and Stalin were not saints.

That's why all the world conquering armies have these types of governments.

Well guess what, God already has all the power and he chose to share it with us. So far, we have not done that well with it because power corrupts.

Instead, God came down in the flesh to die on a cross for YOU.

81lxx3ffuEL.png

No wonder!

The only reason collectivism is an issue is because it brings power and power corrupts corruptible men. And no, Obama and Moa and Stalin were not saints.

That's why all the world conquering armies have these types of governments.

Well guess what, God already has all the power and he chose to share it with us. So far, we have not done that well with it because power corrupts.

Instead, God came down in the flesh to die on a cross for YOU.
That's retarded on 10, 000 levels, Votto....but arguing Religion with fundies is like talking to a brick wall.

In a conversation with my Sister recently, she brought up the specious old trope that "God is Love."

"He is not a MAN," she assured me, "but rather the metaphysical personification of Christian love."

I have been hearing this shit for eons, and it is nonsense.

Yes, it is true that "God" is not a man. He does not have a cock & balls, and the use of masculine pronouns is merely a perpetuation of male bullshit [so the solution is NOT to twerk the ears with female pronouns, i.e., contrary bullshit].

"God" is not a metaphysical "presence" that can be described with such nonsensical metaphors. God is a PERSONAGE. Did not JC encourage us to pray to The Father? Do we not address prayers ALL DAY LONG to a personage WHO can hear, evaluate, decide, etc.? When we ask God for forgiveness are we not addressing a personage? Would we praise a metaphysical presence? How is that different from praising AIR for giving us life? What would be the point?

"God is Love" is a slogan for someone who is basically an atheist, but enjoys the trappings of religiosity.

I ain't buying it. I didn't buy it in High School and I don't buy it now. It is bullshit.

Those who cant reason properly think that when God asked Abraham to kill Issac, God was terrible. But any who can reason sees God was just showing us how terrible it is to be asked to do that. The human race was actually asking God to do that. And he did--from Love, justice( Deut 32:4)-- God had already made promises to Abraham concerning Issac' future. So he could not actually want Abraham to kill Issac. Gods word is always done.

Forum List

Back