Zone1 God has his ways of trying to tell us... things

Makes perfect sense to me Meri, as do most of your comments do for the last week or so.
The qualifier being "most"! I can think of at least one person who would disagree with you which means it is probably triple that. :)

The qualifier being "most"! I can think of at least one person who would disagree with you which means it is probably triple that. :)
I'll stick with most. I can't think of the one person but I won't doubt it.

I see no indication that it would be triple though, but then I haven't been following you closely on account of not thinking you would make up stories that would get you in trouble. You're to be commended for that approach in my opinion!

I can find no reason why either of us would want to go head to head.

I'll stick with most. I can't think of the one person but I won't doubt it.

I see no indication that it would be triple though, but then I haven't been following you closely on account of not thinking you would make up stories that would get you in trouble. You're to be commended for that approach in my opinion!

I can find no reason why either of us would want to go head to head.
I don't go head to head with anyone. I present what I have and I am always, always interested in what another person has and what their perspectives are. Still makes some mad, but we never know what another is going through, do we. Still, it never fails to shock me when it happens. It's just a forum.

I don't go head to head with anyone. I present what I have and I am always, always interested in what another person has and what their perspectives are. Still makes some mad, but we never know what another is going through, do we. Still, it never fails to shock me when it happens. It's just a forum.
T.v., newspapers, etc. are all forums but your point is taken on the number of people the comments reach.

What has shocked you? I've heard it all on this forum, including an appeal by one member for help on his/her mental condition.

I respect you Meri, and I hope you can respect me too.

After denying Jesus three times! What other pope did that?

Exactly. Jesus can work with imperfect people. Even the popes after Peter.

you don't get it, do you? There is a HUGE difference between being merely human and mistaken about mundanities. But Peter was never wrong on the important stuff. He was blessed by Jesus Christ himself and prayed over by Him. He was NEVER in heresy.

That cannot be said about Francis and the others who directly preceded him.. From Roncalli on down, they are phonies...

So you believe that some popes' bodies don't rot.

I'm not surprised with you but I will be mildly surprised if Ding and Meriweather believe the same nonsense.
how dumb

ever consider this: I READ it from a very trustworthy source. I have also read from numerous sources about incorrupt saints' bodies.

There are plenty of books on it. But I understand your inferiority complex that impels you to put down others to supposedly lift yourself up... it doesn't work but I get it why you'd think it would

How about you start by telling us if you believe that to be the literal truth or not?
Which passage?

aha.gif

you don't get it, do you?
What I don't get is your attitude towards Popes. Most do their best. All make mistakes. Sins are forgiven.

I think the biggest mistake may have been made by Pope Stephen VI. After his predecessor had been buried a couple of months, he had the former pope dug up and his corpse put on trial.

I am joking now (just in case you think I am serious), but which Pope do you want dug up now so you can put his corpse on trial?

You take the Papacy much too seriously. My opinion.

how dumb

ever consider this: I READ it from a very trustworthy source. I have also read from numerous sources about incorrupt saints' bodies.

There are plenty of books on it. But I understand your inferiority complex that impels you to put down others to supposedly lift yourself up... it doesn't work but I get it why you'd think it would
I'll consider it again if you can get Ding to sign on to the story. Anything is possible if one has the gaul to hoist it up the flagpole.

What I don't get is your attitude towards Popes. Most do their best. All make mistakes. Sins are forgiven.

I think the biggest mistake may have been made by Pope Stephen VI. After his predecessor had been buried a couple of months, he had the former pope dug up and his corpse put on trial.

I am joking now (just in case you think I am serious), but which Pope do you want dug up now so you can put his corpse on trial?

Not a joke!

but yet another example of rhetoric vs. literally true.

let's ask our resident expert on rhetoric and allegory.

wow.. You really ought to take a Logic 101 class.

And who said tht most high murder rate countries are Christian? Frankly, I wonder if there are any countries we could validly call Christian any more. There are a lot of professing Christians in the US but... well, we have to define terms... again

Logic 101? I thought we were talking about religion. What do the two of them have in common?
Who said the high murder rate countries are Christians? Wikipedia!!

Down to 38, first non-Christian country. Iraq, a country the US invaded and put a puppet government to run. 45 is the next one, Ethiopia, Yemen at 54.
We can even see South Sudan and Sudan, both were the same country until a few years ago when the Christian south gained independence, their murder rate is 14.9 while Muslim north Sudan is at 5.1, lower than the US....

We don't need to "define terms", we know which countries are Christian. Even if the people aren't Christian, Christianity has shaped those countries and made the people who they are.

I don't care about opinions as much as I care about objective truth.

You still don't seem to get it how important TRUTH is, namely the TRUTH of Christ and how going against that truth is heresy and heresy is dangerous, not only for individuals but all of society.

If you were a true Catholic, you would understand that. But you accept heretics. Well, you can have Francis and all of them who came after Pius XII.

You refuse to listen to the truth. Maybe I should put you on Ignore, although at this point, I doubt I will be tempted to respond to you anymore whether you're on Ignore or not

Logic 101? I thought we were talking about religion. What do the two of them have in common?
Who said the high murder rate countries are Christians? Wikipedia!!

Down to 38, first non-Christian country. Iraq, a country the US invaded and put a puppet government to run. 45 is the next one, Ethiopia, Yemen at 54.
We can even see South Sudan and Sudan, both were the same country until a few years ago when the Christian south gained independence, their murder rate is 14.9 while Muslim north Sudan is at 5.1, lower than the US....

We don't need to "define terms", we know which countries are Christian. Even if the people aren't Christian, Christianity has shaped those countries and made the people who they are.
I haven't seen any evidence of Christian countries .. I dunno... hmmm... let's say this

haven't seen any of them force Communism on the populace.. force sterilization which happened in Nazi Germany (not too Christian a regime there, eh?)... haven't seen Christians forcing abortions on women like in anti-Christ China...

you lying liberals... Have you no shame?

Ding is onto a new method of not throwing his hat in the ring on questionable issues, and especially not on the need to dig up a pope.
he seems to throw in the old hat quite a lot, even when he doesn't know what he's talking about. A lot of Catholics do not know... what I know. I myself wouldn't know if Fate had not intervened... which... I'm getting side tracked thinking of how serendipitously it was... this learning...

interesting.. But anyhow.. breaking myself free from such interesting thoughts/memories...

where was I?

oh Ding... yeh, he just doesn't know what I know.. Most Catholics don't. They should. But they don't... or maybe they've heard a few things here and there but just write off people like Lefebvre as a malcontent and disobedient and etc... because they just can't bring themselves to believe their Church has been infested at best... highjacked at worst.

he seems to throw in the old hat quite a lot, even when he doesn't know what he's talking about. A lot of Catholics do not know... what I know. I myself wouldn't know if Fate had not intervened... which... I'm getting side tracked thinking of how serendipitously it was... this learning...

interesting.. But anyhow.. breaking myself free from such interesting thoughts/memories...

where was I?

oh Ding... yeh, he just doesn't know what I know.. Most Catholics don't. They should. But they don't... or maybe they've heard a few things here and there but just write off people like Lefebvre as a malcontent and disobedient and etc... because they just can't bring themselves to believe their Church has been infested at best... highjacked at worst.
I'm throwing my hat in with Ding on this one, with qualifications as required by me being an atheist.

Your accusing the church of being taken over by communists has destroyed your credibility completely.

Forum List

Back