God, Guns and Greed

Who is Leah Burton?

My experience with people named 'Leah' is that they have great legs. My experience with people named 'Burton' is that they don't.

This is a curiosity.

Are you really going to start this again.

If these people really scare you that bad why dont you just go to Canada and stay there. I hear Mexico is getting to be a better place to live.

Leah who? A left wing babe with a degree from Erickson College in Vancouver BC is the best the left can do in their effort to erase every vestage of Christianity from the USA?

It is pretty obvious that God has distanced Himself totally from American politics.

There is no candidate that has a claim on God. I am seeking a humble polictician that seeks God's grace not one that claims he/she already has it.

The country is so mired in filth and wondering why there is so much hardship. Well take a look around. Look at the ethical differences beween now and when we were a prosperous nation. We have done everything we could to distance ourselves fro those ethics and found ourselves in the current state.

"Dominion" just another F'in spin term.

God has no place in govt and govt has no place in church.

I dont care if my politicians are christian, or not.

I practice my faith and everyone can practice their own because we are protected by the constitiuion.

What Sky is so scared of can not and will not happen. Its just the cause she has taken up so she can bash christianity in her obvious passive agressive way.

I am done with this discussion. We have been down this road before.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1XIu2mqJnM]The Dixie Chicks - Sin Wagon - YouTube[/ame]

Praise the Lord - and pass the Ammunition......

I practice my faith and everyone can practice their own because we are protected by the constitiuion.

What Sky is so scared of can not and will not happen. Its just the cause she has taken up so she can bash christianity in her obvious passive agressive way.

I agree. Never gonna happen. It's a scary enough scenario though, and thanks to people like Sky and Ms. Burton sounding an alarm when their hearts tell them to, it's never gonna happen. There's reasons for everything!

Take a moment and thank your preferred Deity that, long term at least, the system works.

Last edited:
It is pretty obvious that God has distanced Himself totally from American politics.

There is no candidate that has a claim on God. I am seeking a humble polictician that seeks God's grace not one that claims he/she already has it.

The country is so mired in filth and wondering why there is so much hardship. Well take a look around. Look at the ethical differences beween now and when we were a prosperous nation. We have done everything we could to distance ourselves fro those ethics and found ourselves in the current state.

"Dominion" just another F'in spin term.

I on the other hand long for a candidate who doesn't lean on the crutch of religion and makes decisions with my great-great grandchildren in mind instead seeking maximum short-term profits because of the inevitability of Armageddon.

There may not be a candidate who can claim God, but each and every one of them is looking for His imaginary endorsement or, baring that, endorsements from the earth-bound leaders of all the various sheeple whose emotional stability depends on the ancient theories of why we're here not falling victim to better information.

American politics is fucked up for more than just one reason.

God has no place in government? Really? I have read many of your posts and I think you are a person of faith so I will ask you this. If God has no place in Government then why did he say this?

Romans 13:1-5

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Immie

God has no place in government? Really? I have read many of your posts and I think you are a person of faith so I will ask you this. If God has no place in Government then why did he say this?

1 Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

Immie

Umm Paul said that.
those are from letters written by paul to churches.

Immie

Umm Paul said that.
those are from letters written by paul to churches.

He also said this:

2 Timothy 3:16

16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,

Please define the term God-breathed.

Immie

Immie

Yes we are supposed to be subject to mans laws but Gods laws are higher.

1 Timothy 2:1-3

1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

Gods idea of govt is to provide peace and tranquilty to his people so that they might worship him in peace.

In Romans 13 God is telling us to pay our taxes and obey the laws. We are to honor those in authority and obey mans laws. No where does God direct his children to take power and rule over man. Those who rule over us do so at the pleasure of the Lord.

Last edited:
Without doubt there are people in powerful offices of this land who buy into the GOD GUNS AND GREED point of view.

Matthew 7:20

Forum List

Back