GMC Sierra EV Denali Pickup Packs 754 hp, 400-Mile Range

90 miles with only 2500 lbs on trailer
Kelly Blue Book got 115 miles on the 300 mile range F-150 towing 3,150 pounds. I'll take their word for it.

Here are the rest of their results:
With a small travel trailer weighing 3,140 pounds, the truck’s [F-150 Lightning EV rated at 300 miles range] range dropped to 115 miles. When pulling a middle-weight 5,260-pound camper, it could only go 100 miles. Towing a heavy 7,218-pound camper dropped the truck’s range to only 90 miles. Those figures give a range of 6% per hundred pounds down to 1.9% per hundred pounds. It looks to me as if the loss of mileage and range between the two technologies are roughly equivalent. And, if you read the articles, you would see the repeated comments about the significant advantage of full torque availability at all speeds in an EV.

Last edited:
Do you have any figures for the effect towing a 2,500 lb trailer would have on the mileage of ICE versions of those vehicles? Let's see:

https://www.trucksonlysales.com/how-much-does-towing-lower-my-fuel-economy/#:~:text=In a truck, that energy,drop in your fuel economy. says "In a truck, that energy is your fuel, so a heavier load will mean you are getting a lower fuel economy. Estimates say that every 100lbs of extra weight in a truck decreases its fuel economy by two percent. So, it’s not hard to imagine that towing a large trailer will create a much larger drop in your fuel economy."

Thus a 2,500 lb trailer would cut your mileage and your range to 50-60% of it's original value.

and How Much Does Towing Affect Your Gas Mileage? gives the same 2%/100 lbs figure.

Additionally, I would not trust a single anecdote written by an opponent of EVs. I would like to see an objective study of EV performance in towing situations performed by a reliable source. So, let's look.

Here is a real world test of a Rivian RT performed by Road and Track magazine. How Far Can You Tow With an Electric Truck? Read it for yourself. Their conclusions do NOT comport with your anecdote.

Here are some numbers for the Ford F-150 Lightning performed by Kelly Blue Book. https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/ev-payload-towing-capacity/ They also disagree with your anecdote.

So... I think you need to look a little harder before deciding you've figured it all out.
I figured it out?
It is on video. Documented. He did the figuring, and according to math he would be able to drive to and back his destination which was I think about 200 miles. He barely made it ONE WAY. On video. ON VIDEO he shows the dashboard showing how many miles he is getting and how fast it is depleting.

1666376469643.png

Additionally, I would not trust a single anecdote written by an opponent of EVs. I would like to see an objective study of EV performance in towing situations performed by a reliable source. So, let's look.
Here is a real world test of a Rivian RT performed by Road and Track magazine. How Far Can You Tow With an Electric Truck? Read it for yourself. Their conclusions do NOT comport with your anecdote.

Here are some numbers for the Ford F-150 Lightning performed by Kelly Blue Book. https://www.kbb.com/car-advice/ev-payload-towing-capacity/ They also disagree with your anecdote.

So... I think you need to look a little harder before deciding you've figured it all out.
Interesting.
Real numbers from an unbiased website.
Thanks
`

The 6.6 liter, long box, crew cab ICE version sells for 82,500.
The Sierra Denali Edition 1 EV goes for $107,000

L-I technology for vehicles sucks donkey dicks. It is fine for a a hand held drill or weed wacker but is terrible technology for vehicles.

Just like solar is OK for a hand held calculator but sucks for just about everything else.

L-I technology for vehicles sucks donkey dicks. It is fine for a a hand held drill or weed wacker but is terrible technology for vehicles.

Just like solar is OK for a hand held calculator but sucks for just about everything else.
You really ought to admit that a large portion of the population (and all of its scientists) think its non-emitting nature makes it quite suitable for such uses. So does that flat torque curve. How much displacement does it take for an ICE vehicle to beat a Tesla Plaid in the quarter mile?

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
How many hundreds of thousands of dollars are you going to have to fork over?

Kelly Blue Book got 115 miles on the 300 mile range F-150 towing 3,150 pounds. I'll take their word for it.

Here are the rest of their results:
With a small travel trailer weighing 3,140 pounds, the truck’s [F-150 Lightning EV rated at 300 miles range] range dropped to 115 miles. When pulling a middle-weight 5,260-pound camper, it could only go 100 miles. Towing a heavy 7,218-pound camper dropped the truck’s range to only 90 miles. Those figures give a range of 6% per hundred pounds down to 1.9% per hundred pounds. It looks to me as if the loss of mileage and range between the two technologies are roughly equivalent. And, if you read the articles, you would see the repeated comments about the significant advantage of full torque availability at all speeds in an EV.

I wonder how many places one would want to go with that heavy camping trailer, one would find that it is more than 90 miles from one public charging station to the next. Some trips may simply not be possible with an electric vehicle, that are easy with a real vehicle.

And when you do find a charging station, how many hours to fully recharge it? With a real vehicle, you're only talking a few minutes to fully refuel and be back on the road.

The sceptics have Lost.
EVs are Booming even on muscular vehicles you thought wouldn't happen for a long time or At All.
`

GMC Sierra EV Denali pickup packs 754 hp, 400-mile range

Fri, October 21, 2022

View attachment 713513

""The Chevrolet Silverado EV pickup is now joined by its electrified twin in the General Motors (GM) family with the new GMC Sierra EV.

The Sierra EV has the same chassis, powertrain, and Ultium batteries as the Silverado EV, but design-wise looks more like a traditional pickup, whereas the Silverado EV appears more like a lifestyle, adventure pickup. The traditional styling may appeal to a broader group of buyers, including those looking for work trucks.

The high-trim model GMC unveiled last night is the 2024 Sierra EV Denali Edition 1, which will have 400 miles of estimated range, a dual-motor setup with 754 horsepower and 785 lb-ft of torque, and an 800-volt architecture that can handle 350 kW DC fast charging."..."
[........]

`
So when I go 400 miles off grid to use my boat or camper like I usually do, how do I recharge?

A gas generator, genius.

If you had a clue you would know that WE respect the land. It's you people who are destroying it.
As I watched two tribes dessimate the Walleye populations in a couple popular lakes here, because they insist on netting for commercial reasons during the spring spawn when it is illegal for anyone else to take a single fish.

Gimme a fucking break Tonto.
:45:

The hand held drills are great, until the battery is finally toast.
At work, I get a year tops off a pair.
The damn battery costs more than the tool.

Riddle me this.
Long term, what is the exected life of the battery?
How much to replace it, including all environmental recycling costs? Even though currently the recycling rate for lithium batteries is around 4%.
Until more questions are answered I will not ever purchase one.

Forum List

Back