GM moves to change from oil to alternative fuels.

I saw a hydrogen fueled car demonstration back in the 90s. The guy demonstrating the car started it, got out held a glass by the exhaust pipe. A little water dripped into the glass. He drank it. You can't get much of a more benign fuel byproduct than drinkable water. I wonder why hydrogen has never been pursued as an alternative fuel?

I saw a hydrogen fueled car demonstration back in the 90s. The guy demonstrating the car started it, got out held a glass by the exhaust pipe. A little water dripped into the glass. He drank it. You can't get much of a more benign fuel byproduct than drinkable water. I wonder why hydrogen has never been pursued as an alternative fuel?

Obama dropped funding for it in favor of batterys

Wonder no more, the oil industry owns The Capital, The Executive and likely today the USSC.

LOL, sure he did, and George W. Bush harvested swtich grass.

It's a simple known fact if you were paying attention to it..

*shrugs*

Why does everything have to be partisan with You?

It's a simple known fact if you were paying attention to it..

*shrugs*

Why does everything have to be partisan with You?

Btw made a topic on it here

Why did Obama kill funding for hydrogen cars? / Meet the next generation ..

Hydrogen is too easy to produce anywhere with low-tech methods that de-centralize power in every sense of the term. There is no interest to the powers that be, in fact, quite the opposite.

because currently the most economic way of producing Hydrogen uses Natural Gas as a feedstock.

Hydrogen - Wikipedia

For this process at high temperatures (700–1100 °C), steam (H2O) reacts with methane (CH4) in an endothermic reaction to yield syngas.[9]

Gasification
CH4 + H2O → CO + 3 H2
In a second stage, additional hydrogen is generated through the lower-temperature, exothermic, water gas shift reaction, performed at about 360 °C:

CO + H2O → CO2 + H2

Batteries are the simpler technology, and the Lithium ion put the battery in the lead position with regards to hydrogen.
Tesla car battery production releases as much CO2 as 8 years of gasoline driving
Doesnt that make your asshole tighten up?

From your link: "The calculation is based on the assumption that the electricity mix used in the battery factory consists of more than half of the fossil fuels. In Sweden, the power production is mainly of fossil-nuclear and hydropower why lower emissions had been achieved."

So a move to more nuclear and hydroelectric generating would solve the problem.

Forum List

Back