Gm Looking For Money From States

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
Bredesen's early impression from GM officials had been that the company would make its decision based on the merits of each existing plant without igniting a bidding war.
"I was wrong," Bredesen said. "It certainly was a new look for me at how they are approaching this thing, which is absolutely 'Tell me how big of a check you're going to write,'" Bredesen said.
"The only one they want to know is how much cash are you going to put in up front — we don't care about tax credits, we don't care about any of those other things," he said. "They're just asking us to help them build the plant."

Tenn. governor says GM wants large upfront payment | tennessean.com | The Tennessean

I guess GM forgot how much Tennessee paid them when they located Saturn here in the first place. I think Nissan has been a much better deal for our state. At least that whore stayed bought.

I'm gonna tell you guys another fact,, I've been listening all evening to the hearings between the ceos and the dealers and the congresscritters.. This is political all the way,, they have read memos very damagaing to GM and emails will be scruitinized.. it has been proven that very successful car dealerships have been targeted to close while some failures are allowed to stay open.. Anybody here from Canada?? How many dealerships in Canada have been closed??.. This is a political hatchet job.. and if I were a democwat I would be deeply ashamed of what is taking place. It really hurts to see grown men cry.. they have been flat out robbed of their livelihoods by the US government. This isn't America any more. Watch for HR 2743 (?)

http://maffei.house.gov/2009/06/con...egislation-to-halt-auto-dealer-closings.shtml

Last edited:
Watch, next the feds will force all dealers to buy only GM, like they tried (don't remember if they succeeded) in forcing the military to buy only from Boeing ... even though Boeing sucks now.

Watch, next the feds will force all dealers to buy only GM,
You skipped a step, first it will be tax breaks if you buy from Gub'ment motors then it'll be out and out force to stop anyone from competing with Gub'ment Motors... ladies and gentle cats .. I present as exhibit A

AMTRAK

The prosecution rests....

Forum List

Back