Immigration in Texas

Soaring

May 30, 2009
I witness every day the illegals from Mexico being picked up on the corner of the Catholic church to do some common labor, and I just shake my head at how our border patrol and our Texas and national government have let us down by allowing this massive invasion by illegal aliens from Mexico who pay no taxes. They just take money from here and send it to Mexico. They are leeches. They have absolutely no interest in the economy or the welfare of the American public. Something has to be done about this runaway problem. What is the solution?

Illegal immigration will continue to exist as long as particularly inequitable international wage differentials do, and that will exist if the U.S. seeks either an autarkic trade order or excessive trade liberalization, the latter currently being the root of the problem. Only the alleviation of those wage differentials through the implementation of fair trade would be an effective solution.

Originally posted by José
The US government knows exactly what to do to reduce the flow of illegal immigrants to a trickle but this knowledge is useless since it doesn't have the POLITICAL WILL to implement anything.

And why doesn't the US government have the political will to enforce the US immigration laws?

Because it is not sufficiently pressured by the american people.

Because the members of the US Message Board are far more interested in "fighting" illegal immigration on the Internet than in front of the White House.

I witness every day the illegals from Mexico being picked up on the corner of the Catholic church to do some common labor, and I just shake my head at how our border patrol and our Texas and national government have let us down by allowing this massive invasion by illegal aliens from Mexico who pay no taxes. They just take money from here and send it to Mexico. They are leeches. They have absolutely no interest in the economy or the welfare of the American public. Something has to be done about this runaway problem. What is the solution?
The solution is to make the risk of getting caught entering our country illegally higher than the potential rewards...... use your imagination. ;)

José;1273858 said:
The US government knows exactly what to do to reduce the flow of illegal immigrants to a trickle but this knowledge is useless since it doesn't have the POLITICAL WILL to implement anything.

And why doesn't the US government have the political will to enforce the US immigration laws?

Because the members of the US Message Board are far more interested in "fighting" illegal immigration on the Internet than in front of the White House.

why dont you go stand in front of the White House dipshit.....and come back here and tell us how that went.....dont forget to wave to the guards....

Illegal immigration will continue to exist as long as particularly inequitable international wage differentials do, and that will exist if the U.S. seeks either an autarkic trade order or excessive trade liberalization, the latter currently being the root of the problem. Only the alleviation of those wage differentials through the implementation of fair trade would be an effective solution.

Yes, either all that or perhaps, immigrate legally. Seems so simple, so elegant. Looking for reasons to rationalize irrationality, that is Agnost. He doesn't actually need to deal with the issue, no sir-eee bob. Instead, he uses science and empiricism to validate his preconceptions. That isn't how the scientific method works, boyo. Besides, who the hell knows what "autarkic "means, anyway. I bet all those illegals don't care about the Readers Digest word of the day or local ordinances governing livestock within the city limits, or health or housing codes, for that matter. I bet Ol'Agnost has a dictionary up yinyang to detail all that crap, too. Perhaps, all those illegal aliens should do is just actually...immigrate legally? Wouldn't that be a little less complicated, a lot more simple and a hell of a lot more honest? But we can't have THAT can we?

Originally posted by STAND4LIBERTY
The solution is to make the risk of getting caught entering our country illegally higher than the potential rewards...... use your imagination.

Originally posted by SW2SILVERQUASI
Yes, either all that or perhaps, immigrate legally. Seems so simple, so elegant. Looking for reasons to rationalize irrationality, that is Agnost. He doesn't actually need to deal with the issue, no sir-eee bob. Instead, he uses science and empiricism to validate his preconceptions. That isn't how the scientific method works, boyo. Besides, who the hell knows what "autarkic "means, anyway. I bet all those illegals don't care about the Readers Digest word of the day or local ordinances governing livestock within the city limits, or health or housing codes, for that matter. I bet Ol'Agnost has a dictionary up yinyang to detail all that crap, too. Perhaps, all those illegal aliens should do is just actually...immigrate legally? Wouldn't that be a little less complicated, a lot more simple and a hell of a lot more honest? But we can't have THAT can we?

Originally posted by Harry Dresden
why dont you go stand in front of the White House dipshit.....and come back here and tell us how that went.....dont forget to wave to the guards....

See what I mean, Soaring?

The american immigration issue will never be solved because Harry, STAND4LIBERTY, SW2SILVERQUASI, and the rest of the american people, are absolutely determined to fight illegal immigration to the last online message.

tsk, tsk, tsk...

The future of the Republican Party exists in the Hispanic vote - for these exact reasons, for the same reasons that you; Jose, seem to ignore. Only illegals enjoy being on the outside looking in, most Estalished Hispanics want to be accepted by the successful middle and - especially - upper class. They know how it is to be poor, and they don't care if Al Gore, the enviroment, or white guilt gets in their way: they want to make money, and keep it to while being a accepted part of America.

It is time for the common Americans with Mexican heritage; who wake up each morning and go to work without much fuss, without much political activism to be incorporated as their own sub-group. They are only considered part of the immigrant vote because they are pigeonholed by the Republican Party as "illegals" and courted - incorrectly - by the Democrats. I live in Southern California, Riverside County (50%+ are Hispanic, though the numbers, like most, are a little skewed because they consider you Hispanic even if only one of your grandparents was one half Hispanic, and/or you can identify yourself whatever you like so most do - it's complicated) and after long discussions with quite a few Mexican-Americans there's deeper currents at work then most believe.

There's two distinct classes of Mexican-Americans and one of which are already half-Republican. They are the workers, more than merely "legal" these are the people who have forgotten even the loosest form of Spanish - they go to work, vote Democrat for the same reason all immigrants vote Democrat: machine politics. Yet, like all immigrant groups before them - even more so, some would say - they will slowly become disillusioned by the Democrat Party for the same reason they fell in love. The Democrat Party is an party that courts individual votes, they scratch backs, trim toenails, and squabble for the right to be called the 'Defender of' just about everything.

Republicans, on the other hand, just don't care. They have their issues, get behind them or not. More importantly, these issues that Republicans are so adamant on: private property, abortion, lower taxes and less government mimic the 'established Hispanic' vote so much it's vaguely disturbing.

They dislike the new immigrants, and the feeling is mutual, because they look down upon them for 'going white' while the opposite feeling is the others are, basically, hayseeds fresh over the coyote's cart. Thus border security isn't such a "No" issues as it is for the people who have significant relations actually within Mexico.

The Established Hispanics also love their property, and love their money. They don't have the white guilt that the Democrat Party preys on, and think that much of the social ills are merely nonsense white people do to make white people feel important. You know, working at the bank all day, you got to go out on the weekends - protest a bit, which is all good but 'real working class' needs to hurry up to work 'n get the kids through college.

Abortion, gay marriage; once again the Catholic heavy Hispanic vote is on the Republican side.

Last edited:
José;1273858 said:

I disagree with the reasoning. The gov't doesn't have the political will because each party fears alienating the hispanic vote.

And what does standing in front of the White House accomplish? It doesn't even block traffic anymore since the street is barricaded and closed to traffic. Since you have NO idea what members of this board do or don't do when not posting on this board, your statement is nothing but a baseless presumption.

All of my federal, state and local representatives know EXACTLY how I feel about the issue.

Got e-mail?:rolleyes:

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Clearly, just shaking your head is not the solution.

Arizonans fork out nearly $1.3 billion annually to pay for all of the costs incurred from illegal immigration; around $810 million for education, $400 million for health care related expenses, $80 million in incarceration costs, and the remainder in welfare benefits. All of this is required while Arizona runs a $500 million deficit annually.
Illegal Immigration Costs Arizona Taxpayers $1.3 Billion Annually - Associated Content

People sit back and wonder why we in Arizona have such problems with a huge deficit and medical costs. Immigration is an issue that can be fixed but again there is the fear of votes being lost at the expense of one party or the other. This like many other issues a lot of talk gets thrown in it's direction but nothing ever gets' done because it means revenue for some, and votes for others. Think about this for a moment, if our Govt. truly wanted to make the path to citizenship less complicated and immigration a streamlined process they would have. The facts are regardless of how harsh this sounds when someone enters this nation illegally they have broken a law. It is no different than any other person who breaks a Federal Law and I don't hear too many people advocating for sancturary cities for people who rob banks. The other thing to consider here is that often times there are people in the US Military serving whos family are not US Citizens and are dying for this country. So again I ask. if the Govt. really wanted to address this issue they would make the process of becomming a citizen more efficient and enforce the laws for those who continue to break it.

Well we know what the solution is, and have for decades. The government just doesn't do it. They'd rather give them amnesty and let a whole new 20 million sneak in. Our government is so out of touch with America it's pathetic. "WE" don't matter anymore. All that matters is keeping the people happy that are giving the politicians the most money.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
José;1274621 said:
Originally posted by STAND4LIBERTY
The solution is to make the risk of getting caught entering our country illegally higher than the potential rewards...... use your imagination.

Originally posted by SW2SILVERQUASI

Originally posted by Harry Dresden

The american immigration issue will never be solved because Harry, STAND4LIBERTY, SW2SILVERQUASI, and the rest of the american people, are absolutely determined to fight illegal immigration to the last online message.

tsk, tsk, tsk...

Okeydokey. I mistakenly rep'd you for your original post. Will rectify that later. Look, I don't know if you are an American citizen. If you are, you are cosmically ignorant of how things are presently working.

The reason illegal immigration exists it is useful to politicians. There are plenty of laws on the books to deal with this problem. You will notice whenever some agency has the timerity to undertake their enforcement they are vilified, not by the population who is in favor of it, but by the MSM, the politicians themselves and their shills.

You think regular citizens do not complain to their representatives? Think again. The pressure comes from businessmen and higher-goal politicians looking for votes, who do not care at all about anyone but themselves.

Now, Jose, if you are not a US citizen or even if you are, why don't you outline for this forum how the US contrasts on illegal immigration with other countries of which you have sound political knowledge of, either at present or in history.

If USA need cheap workers there is no solution.

And, clearly you don't have an answer. What a waste of a response.

José;1274621 said:

tsk, tsk, tsk...

fuck you asshole....some of us have a thing called A JOB....i know for a lowlife like you thats a new concept....why dont you go to fucking DC and stand there looking like a fucking COCK WITH EARS....you can represent people who have to work...Tsk...Tsk...Tsk....

And, clearly you don't have an answer. What a waste of a response.

and neither did you.... another waste of a response.

José;1273858 said:

I disagree with the reasoning. The gov't doesn't have the political will because each party fears alienating the hispanic vote.

And what does standing in front of the White House accomplish? It doesn't even block traffic anymore since the street is barricaded and closed to traffic. Since you have NO idea what members of this board do or don't do when not posting on this board, your statement is nothing but a baseless presumption.

All of my federal, state and local representatives know EXACTLY how I feel about the issue.

Got e-mail?:rolleyes:

That's right...standing in front of the white house doesn't do anything. It didn't do anything to stop the Vietnam War, and those were some of the most populous protests in history. Our congressmen and women know exactly what the people think and want...now getting it done is another story.

Forum List

Back