Gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO. W

How long we'll live is primarily because of genes, not lifestyle factors like what we eat. If it were anything having to do with medicine or diet then no one in the past should have lived beyond 30 :)

That ain't true. Obesity alone taxes the heart and cardio network. Then we get a lot of inflammation from wheat and sugars, some of which can be hard to perceive because gut inflammation doesn't necessarily feel like joint inflammation. Premature death from strokes and heart attacks and gut ailments including inability to process nutrients, they all count toward life expectancy.

How long we'll live is primarily because of genes, not lifestyle factors like what we eat. If it were anything having to do with medicine or diet then no one in the past should have lived beyond 30 :)
That's bull. It's very well established that our modern American diet causes problems, here and elsewhere. Many separate studies from many sources independent of one another, cross checked and confirmed.

A recent flick I watch "Forks Over Knives" has it chronicled pretty well. If you have any doubts, check it out.

That's bull. It's very well established that our modern American diet causes problems, here and elsewhere. Many separate studies from many sources independent of one another, cross checked and confirmed.

A recent flick I watch "Forks Over Knives" has it chronicled pretty well. If you have any doubts, check it out.

Go look at the diet of civil war soldiers and the founding fathers. Shoulda all keeled over at the table. :)

Go look at the diet of civil war soldiers and the founding fathers. Shoulda all keeled over at the table. :)
You are responding and not reading. They didn't eat at McDs. Their meat wasn't pumped up on hormones, they had no processed foods, vegetables were natural. We call them organic today.

Was an ultra strict vegan for about six weeks before it was either give it up or kill myself. :) Shopping took 3 times as long reading labels for prohibited ingrediants. Tofu is disgusting just because of the texture of tofu hotdogs. Wanna to puke just touching it. :) And after a childhood being raised with a dad who was a butcher, I knew I liked meat too much.

Veganism is indeed much healthier, but if you're not raised with it it's more like torture. :)

The only problem I had going vegan was cheese. I loved cheese. Meat was no loss at all. I guess it is just a matter of who you are.

Disney World Gets A Gluten-Free And Vegan Bakery And Now There s Magic For Everyone

The fact that Americans care about gluten-free products and veganism simply indicates the fact that these people have nothing more important to care about. Children in Africa will be happy to enjoy any kinder of burger, whether it is gluten-free or not.
Recall our ancestors who led a simple life in the countryside. Don't fall a victim to marketing, make your own choices.

wanna-joke-vegan-club.jpg

My husband is allergic to gluten. If he eats anything with it in it he gets a horrible rash and hives.

A very good friend of mine is also allergic to gluten.

Allergies are serious. They can kill.

I think it's in poor taste to make fun of people who have an allergy.

No one is making you eat it so what is your problem? Why do you have a problem with people who choose to find out about the foods they eat and how it affects them?

Why do people like you have a need to force everyone to live and believe as you do?

Apparently when somebody -- even an evil corporation like Disney -- does something right like offering meaningful dietary choices, they must be punished.

I sure seems like it.

I'm not vegan nor do I have a gluten allergy.

I have different allergies. Three to be exact. All three won't just give me a rash or make me uncomfortable. All three of the allergies I have will kill me because all three of them cause anaphylactic shock and if I don't have an epi pen I die.

There are way too many people in this world who believe that everyone must be like them. They don't have any allergies so everyone doesn't have allergies. They refuse to try to understand that everyone is different.

While I'm not vegan, I don't eat most meat. I'll eat seafood and poultry. I know and understand very well the problem of not being able to find food. I've been to different parts of our nation and not been able to find a restaurant that has food I will eat.

I applaud Disney for doing this. Too many people have to either not eat or eat junk food at Disney because of a gluten allergy or choices in their diet.

Veganism is indeed much healthier

Horsefeathers!

Know how when you leave meat out for too long it begins to rot? Happening inside your body too.
Yummy, rancid meat product......

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I gave up beef and pork back in the '70s after figuring out the process of where it comes from -- and how it gets to the market. In effect I don't eat anything that has a mother. I forget what the term for that is.

I can't think of an animal that doesn't have a mother. At least nothing you would buy.

Was an ultra strict vegan for about six weeks before it was either give it up or kill myself. :) Shopping took 3 times as long reading labels for prohibited ingrediants. Tofu is disgusting just because of the texture of tofu hotdogs. Wanna to puke just touching it. :) And after a childhood being raised with a dad who was a butcher, I knew I liked meat too much.

Veganism is indeed much healthier, but if you're not raised with it it's more like torture. :)

The only problem I had going vegan was cheese. I loved cheese. Meat was no loss at all. I guess it is just a matter of who you are.

Me too. Nothing like a good cheddar so sharp it bites you back.

When my weight got out of control and was giving implications I had never heard before like high cholesterol and "pre-diabetes" I had to take stock of more than just cutting gluten. I knew cheese was loaded with fat but hadn't realized it was particularly loaded with saturated fat. Once I started looking at that part of the label, there went the cheddar. On the other hand I'm a big fan of feta now, which is waaay lower.

Veganism is indeed much healthier

Horsefeathers!

Know how when you leave meat out for too long it begins to rot? Happening inside your body too.

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I gave up beef and pork back in the '70s after figuring out the process of where it comes from -- and how it gets to the market. In effect I don't eat anything that has a mother. I forget what the term for that is.

I can't think of an animal that doesn't have a mother. At least nothing you would buy.

Poultry and most fish. Comes from eggs. "Mother" means live birth.

I didn't even make that term up -- I heard it from B.B. King. And when I thought about it I realized, "hey, me too".

When my weight got out of control and was giving implications I had never heard before like high cholesterol and "pre-diabetes" I had to take stock of more than just cutting gluten. I knew cheese was loaded with fat but hadn't realized it was particularly loaded with saturated fat. Once I started looking at that part of the label, there went the cheddar. On the other hand I'm a big fan of feta now, which is waaay lower.
I watched my grandparents struggle with high cholesterol and they gave up cheese..I am not that strong....I did give up on fried foods..

Horsefeathers!

I didn't even make that term up -- I heard it from B.B. King. And when I thought about it I realized, "hey, me too".
B.B. is doing biology lectures now?

What exactly is wrong with catering to vegans as well? No, not everyone wants a burger or hotdog. It's crap food and full of hormones, anti-biotics and god knows. Vegan is too strict for me but I'm in a veggie phase now so I'll see how it goes. It's only been a week or so and I'm not giving up cheese or my half and half.

Americans eat WAY too much meat, about twice what we did in the 50s. Way more processed foods and sugar too. Our health sucks for a reason and every culture that adopts our diet is suffering the same way. Heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, etc.

I believe a lot of allergies people suffer from is due to having too much bad food and not enough good food. Your body needs nutrients and if it doesn't happen you will go down the check list of complications.

Finally. One of your posts that I read that I can't agree more with you.

None of my allergies are to food but I just naturally eat a cleaner diet than most people. Plus cancer medication has caused me to have to remove a lot of food from my diet.

I will never understand why people moan and groan about what other people eat. No one is making anyone eat that food. It's a personal choice.

Wrong.

They ate a healthy non-chemical diet and got tons of exercise. The American diet is full of shitty processed foods that are primarily chemicals. To say nothing of GMOs, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, etc.......

I'll give up steak before cheddar. Well, I have so far anyway. I don't think some saturated fat hurts, people go way overboard with it.

I like to throw Feta in the veggies and heat them up. About half the veggies are frozen so I don't have to throw out so much.

I watched my grandparents struggle with high cholesterol and they gave up cheese..I am not that strong....I did give up on fried foods..

I was already shunning fried foods, for a looong time, and still came up with high cholesterol -- which is not a history in my genes, so something else had to be addressed. Got hold of iit though. :thup:

Wrong.

They ate a healthy non-chemical diet and got tons of exercise. The American diet is full of shitty processed foods that are primarily chemicals. To say nothing of GMOs, pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, etc.......

And their wheat hadn't yet degraded to what it is now.

How to avoid GMOs:

Step 3: Take Note of the PLU Numbers on Produce
A PLU (price look-up code) is that little digit you see on produce stickers. A four-digit number starting with a “4” tells you the product is conventional. If it’s a five-digit number starting with a “9”, you can be assured that item is Certified Organic.

However, identifying genetically engineered produce is not so easy. Five-digit codes starting with “8” are reserved for GMOs, but the usage is optional and as a result you are unlikely to ever see it in a store (we never have).

Funny how biotechnology companies love to talk about how great their products are, but then are so reluctant to label them. You would never find an organic farmer who wasn’t proud to label their products truthfully! We always look for the “9” when we’re buying our fruits and vegetables, and we recommend you do so as well. If you keep these three steps in mind, your next trip to the produce section should be very fruitful, indeed!Avoiding GMOs Aisle by Aisle Produce Living Non-GMO The Non-GMO project

Wrong.

And their wheat hadn't yet degraded to what it is now.
Yes. Wheat is the ultimate GMO and very damaging to human health.

I gave up grains long ago. Almost immediately my health improved and in dramatic ways. Lost 20 pounds like nothing, sleep better, no more heartburn, more energy, etc.

It was so easy for me to give up cheese.

Most cheese has mold in it. Certain mold will kill me. Specifically mold that has some of the same components as penicillin. Penicillin will kill me.

Horsefeathers!

Interesting. I never knew that.

I only eat seafood and poultry.

Thank you for that information.

Forum List

Back