Gluten-free, vegan, non-GMO. W

Brian_1349

Mar 22, 2015
Disney World Gets A Gluten-Free And Vegan Bakery And Now There s Magic For Everyone

The fact that Americans care about gluten-free products and veganism simply indicates the fact that these people have nothing more important to care about. Children in Africa will be happy to enjoy any kinder of burger, whether it is gluten-free or not.
Recall our ancestors who led a simple life in the countryside. Don't fall a victim to marketing, make your own choices.

wanna-joke-vegan-club.jpg

Was an ultra strict vegan for about six weeks before it was either give it up or kill myself. :) Shopping took 3 times as long reading labels for prohibited ingrediants. Tofu is disgusting just because of the texture of tofu hotdogs. Wanna to puke just touching it. :) And after a childhood being raised with a dad who was a butcher, I knew I liked meat too much.

Veganism is indeed much healthier, but if you're not raised with it it's more like torture. :)

Brian posted, ( excerpted ): The fact that Americans care about gluten-free products and veganism simply indicates the fact that these people have nothing more important to care about.

The fact that a growing number of Americans care about their health, indicates they have very important things to care about
and I am one of those. Low on gluten products and mostly veggies, and my doc told me I am the healthiest of any of his patients, after my annual physical recently. :thup: Diet and exercise, and a positive attitude ( most of the time ) keeps me in great health.

Disney World Gets A Gluten-Free And Vegan Bakery And Now There s Magic For Everyone

The fact that Americans care about gluten-free products and veganism simply indicates the fact that these people have nothing more important to care about. Children in Africa will be happy to enjoy any kinder of burger, whether it is gluten-free or not.
Recall our ancestors who led a simple life in the countryside. Don't fall a victim to marketing, make your own choices.

What the fuck do "children in Africa" have to do with my selecting out dangerous or unhealthy food products from my grocery shelf? Are they waiting outside the store for a bite to eat?

:cuckoo:

Positive attitude and low-stress accounts for more health benefit than what we eat. Some who eat crap live well beyond 100, smoke, drink, don't exercise, but are in relatively great shape. Others despite 'living healthily' die prematurely. It's genetic, not lifestyle factors. But staying happy and cheerful can go a long way as well.

My husband is allergic to gluten. If he eats anything with it in it he gets a horrible rash and hives.

A very good friend of mine is also allergic to gluten.

Allergies are serious. They can kill.

I think it's in poor taste to make fun of people who have an allergy.

No one is making you eat it so what is your problem? Why do you have a problem with people who choose to find out about the foods they eat and how it affects them?

Why do people like you have a need to force everyone to live and believe as you do?

Brian posted, ( excerpted ): The fact that Americans care about gluten-free products and veganism simply indicates the fact that these people have nothing more important to care about.

The fact that a growing number of Americans care about their health, indicates they have very important things to care about
and I am one of those. Low on gluten products and mostly veggies, and my doc told me I am the healthiest of any of his patients, after my annual physical recently. :thup: Diet and exercise, and a positive attitude ( most of the time ) keeps me in great health.

I'm with ya 'Qua. Hard to fathom how what we put into our bodies for fuel isn't important to care about. It literally affects one's whole day.

Just cutting out wheat alone is worth a good 40-pound drop. It's a major factor in the obesity epidemic. Not to care about one's own health and just let that go would be mindless.

Gluten free is a marketing gimmick, but so are "healthy" whole grains. It is far better to be grain free. Consuming grains is much like consuming sugar...both are very detrimental to your health.

GMO's are untested and could very likely be dangerous. I chose not to be a guinea pig.

Vegans can be vegans. Not my concern.

Americans better learn proper nutrition and exercise because our healthcare system is utterly fraudulent and terribly expensive.

My husband is allergic to gluten. If he eats anything with it in it he gets a horrible rash and hives.

A very good friend of mine is also allergic to gluten.

Allergies are serious. They can kill.

I think it's in poor taste to make fun of people who have an allergy.

No one is making you eat it so what is your problem? Why do you have a problem with people who choose to find out about the foods they eat and how it affects them?

Why do people like you have a need to force everyone to live and believe as you do?

Apparently when somebody -- even an evil corporation like Disney -- does something right like offering meaningful dietary choices, they must be punished.

Hell, I knew old timers that fried everything they ate, smoked heavily and worked until they could no longer stand and had no weight problem,,,,,they lived into their 90's...A variable factor is metabolism, not all humans are the same....

What exactly is wrong with catering to vegans as well? No, not everyone wants a burger or hotdog. It's crap food and full of hormones, anti-biotics and god knows. Vegan is too strict for me but I'm in a veggie phase now so I'll see how it goes. It's only been a week or so and I'm not giving up cheese or my half and half.

Americans eat WAY too much meat, about twice what we did in the 50s. Way more processed foods and sugar too. Our health sucks for a reason and every culture that adopts our diet is suffering the same way. Heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, etc.

I believe a lot of allergies people suffer from is due to having too much bad food and not enough good food. Your body needs nutrients and if it doesn't happen you will go down the check list of complications.

What exactly is wrong with catering to vegans as well? No, not everyone wants a burger or hotdog. It's crap food and full of hormones, anti-biotics and god knows. Vegan is too strict for me but I'm in a veggie phase now so I'll see how it goes. It's only been a week or so and I'm not giving up cheese or my half and half.

Americans eat WAY too much meat, about twice what we did in the 50s. Way more processed foods and sugar too. Our health sucks for a reason and every culture that adopts our diet is suffering the same way. Heart disease, cancer, high blood pressure, etc.

I believe a lot of allergies people suffer from is due to having too much bad food and not enough good food. Your body needs nutrients and if it doesn't happen you will go down the check list of complications.
I bet you carry onions around to snack on....

Veganism is indeed much healthier

Horsefeathers!

Know how when you leave meat out for too long it begins to rot? Happening inside your body too.
Yummy, rancid meat product......

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but I gave up beef and pork back in the '70s after figuring out the process of where it comes from -- and how it gets to the market. In effect I don't eat anything that has a mother. I forget what the term for that is.

How long we'll live is primarily because of genes, not lifestyle factors like what we eat. If it were anything having to do with medicine or diet then no one in the past should have lived beyond 30 :)

I LOVE meat. Just had extra lean steak with Texas Cheese Toast last night. And baked chicken before that. I usually space out the meat though to a couple meals a week. More out of concern of what's IN the meat than the meat itself though.

Forum List

Back