Glorifying the single mother?

Some single parents are overwhelmed and they aren't praise worthy. They need to ask for more help and they don't.

I've got a single mom who is telling her five year old it's ok if she pees on her clothes in class because the school will give her new clothes. This mom is several generations culture of poverty, and she has low intelligence. The five year old is being taught to scam.

The kid will pick up and take home anything that isn't nailed down.

I could give many examples of single mothers and fathers failing badly over and over and sometime baby after baby. Most have been offered help and assistance from government and family. Some have failed to learn from their own hard lessons. Normally I would simply shrug but when innocent children are involved I do not.

Ex. Mom-age 18 makes oops baby with 18 year old Dad
Tries to play house but both can't stand each other just months after little daughter is born. Money woes are the driving force. Teenage angst is also in play. They split.

4 years later same Mom gets pregnant again with new Dad. She is working at some dead end low paying job and he is unemployed dealing drugs at low levels. She lives with her own Mom and gives birth to new baby boy. Woo Hoo.

Same Mom gets out of control at low level job and gets fired. Same Dad is still unemployed.

Same Mom gets preggos again within one year by 2nd Dad who is now doing no drug dealing or working.

Welfare is now their source of income and they move into crappy apartment in bad side of town. He moves in. Still no jobs. Oldest child starts school.

They get evicted from apartment and now move into his mother's basement. Oldest child must change schools.

Mom and Dad sit home and play video games and eat too much. Post lots of pics on FB of their growing family. How proud she is of her ability to screw men and birth babies. Said Mother had several meltdowns on FB when anyone dares to comment in a negative manner to her IRL apparently. C*nt is her favorite word. Dammit she wants her single Mommy trophy!! How dare you think she is a loser. How dare anyone judge her!!

How about this novel idea. Let's praise the parents who are truly good parents and stop pretending everyone deserves a freaking trophy because they had sex and birthed a child!

Anti-abortion fanatics don't get to complain about crappy parents. Some people shouldn't have kids and they do. That's life.

No one is stopping people from aborting their unborn children. It has been legal for decades. What is your point exactly Arthur? You are blaming crappy parenting on....people who have a right to personally oppose abortion in a free country? Wha??

It's just not a statement I'd make. That's all. People who aren't good parents often don't care for their pets well either.

Forum List

Back