Gloomy numbers for Obama

Conservative. Really? That is all you have? I have told you the connection between Obama and Clinton and Eisenhower and Truman, and that is all you can do? A connection that is know to must reputable and knowledgable Americans who follow national elections? Common knowledge?

Over for you. Fail.

So you readily admit that you are comparing a single source for the Clinton, Truman and Eisenhower numbers, to a source with a group averaged together (RCP) for Obama...

Funny, when I did that in the OP for the 'direction of the country', you whined like a butt-fucked pig until I used RCP... which STILL proved me right and you wrong.

You are a hypocritical nimrod.

that's right, Jakey.. run away... run far far away. You'll never be able to outrun your hypocritical nature though.

A few observations about your thread.
1. You give it a title implying these numbers are bad specifically for Obama. While Obama is not in great shape, the overwhelming root behind these numbers is the poor performance of Congress, not Obama. The party-before-country actions have been obvious to everyone (and apply to both parties, btw), hence the NINE percent approval rating.
2. Gallup sways as Conservative as Quiniapac does Liberal. I don't trust either - until a few days before elections, when they radically change their numbers so that a year later, they can claim how accurate they were. Jus sayin.
3. Love this quote: "Gallup has recently found that the public favors pro-growth policies over pro-equality policies, 52 to 40.." What a load. It implies that the public favors not taxing the rich / corporations - which simply isn't true. We favor it by more than a 2:1 margin - even those of us who would pay a bit more.

I think this is anyone's ballgame. Obama sucks. While he has accomplished more on the security / defense front than Bush did in eight years, his economic agenda has been a disaster - and that's the ONLY agenda that counts during an economic crisis.
What can save him? If the Republicans don't succeed in keeping the economy bad during the next year, they're cooked. Granted, they're doing their best to stop ANYTHING from ever getting accomplished and to a degree, they're succeeding but that's hurting them. We Independents notice that kind of bs.
Besides, the economy is getting better despite their efforts to the contrary. During the last six months, our firm has gotten more new contracts than at any time since 2006. I've talked with friends who own other businesses and they're seeing slow improvement too.
THAT is bad news for Republicans.
The Flipside? If Romney ( or possibly even Paul! Who would be my preference) picks a strong VP, puts together a campaign that all but abandons social issues (gay marriage, abortion etc...), focuses squarely on the economy and comes up with something than the same old bs about lowering taxes on the rich as the panacea for all woes (Again, we Indies see right through that bs), they could win. Maybe bring back consumer deductions to level the playing field for the Middle Class and spur growth. Something like that would get some votes.
Also, Romney or Paul give them a chance but if they pick Perry or Gingrich, they're cooked.

So you figure that you can obscure Obama's abysmal performance by focusing on Congress?

You leftsts truly are desperate. I understand, you have very little chance.

Dude, it's not that you're an idiot, it's that you're brainwashed into believing that anyone who doesn't blindly follow the ConservaRepub piper the way you do, must be a "leftist" and trying to defend Obama.
Now try to use what few brain cells are left in your control and go through my post again to see if there is like REALLY CLEAR evidence that:
a) I think Obama sucks (hint: Look for the phrase "Obama sucks") and
b) I find that both "Leftist" and "Whackjobs" like you have an equal chance, depending on certain factors (Hint: Look for the phrase "It's anyone's ballgame").

So I get it. You watch Glenn Beck or have incurred a similar form of brain damage - Savage, perhaps. When you recover, you'll see that just because someone doesn't mindlessly drone the soundbytes fed to them by The Machine, doesn't mean they are the enemy.
Would you like me to tell you your opinion on virtually every possible issue? I can, ya know.
But you can't do that with me. Independent thinkers are a betch that way.

1948, your moron, not 1952. What world are you living in here?

1948 was Truman's first term. Prior to that he was finishing president for life FDR's 500th term, who blessedly died in office.

Here, once again, just for you, numbnuts: Truman 1948, Eisenhower 1956, Clinton 1996. Obama's numbers and situation now is similar to theirs then. And they won.

What similarity does MoveOn see to the Clinton reelction?

You are indeed bottom of the barrel , but you just ended up underneath it. What a worthless piece of dirt you are, truly.

LOL

The mindless partisan hack is calling me names, whatever shall I do?

:badgrin::eusa_boohoo::badgrin:

Dude, it's not that you're an idiot, it's that you're brainwashed into believing that anyone who doesn't blindly follow the ConservaRepub piper the way you do, must be a "leftist" and trying to defend Obama.

Yawn, another leftist just sure he fools everyone by claiming to be an 'independent.'

Now try to use what few brain cells are left in your control and go through my post again to see if there is like REALLY CLEAR evidence that:
b) I find that both "Leftist" and "Whackjobs" like you have an equal chance, depending on certain factors (Hint: Look for the phrase "It's anyone's ballgame").

Let's see, it's the primary season, the Republican candidates are beating on each other, still they generally poll ahead of Dear Leader - this before a single ad has run against Obama.

Anyone's ballgame?

ROFL - yer on crack.

So I get it. You watch Glenn Beck or have incurred a similar form of brain damage - Savage, perhaps. When you recover, you'll see that just because someone doesn't mindlessly drone the soundbytes fed to them by The Machine, doesn't mean they are the enemy.

Hmm, maybe it's just that I don't get my news from Comedy Central, as you do...

Would you like me to tell you your opinion on virtually every possible issue? I can, ya know.

Oh, this should be fun, please do. (Do you pray to Obama and he puts the answer in your heart?)

ROFL

If I want to know your opinion, I merely need to log onto ThinkProgress....

Yawn, another leftist just sure he fools everyone by claiming to be an 'independent.'

Let's see, it's the primary season, the Republican candidates are beating on each other, still they generally poll ahead of Dear Leader - this before a single ad has run against Obama.

Anyone's ballgame?

ROFL - yer on crack.

Hmm, maybe it's just that I don't get my news from Comedy Central, as you do...

Oh, this should be fun, please do. (Do you pray to Obama and he puts the answer in your heart?)

ROFL

If I want to know your opinion, I merely need to log onto ThinkProgress....

Really? Let's see whether you cut & run like the typical ConservaRepub coward who claims lots of bullshet but dodges, makes excuses and runs squealing like a little girl when confronted. Fine you go first. What are my verifiable opinions on:

1. Obama
2. ObamaCare
3. Reid
4. Boehner
5. Pelosi
6. Cantor
7. Ryan
8. Abortion
9. Gun Ownership
10. Taxing the Rich
11. Taxing Corporations
12. Unions
13. The Tea Party
14. Occupy Wall Street
15. What are the Main 2 Causes of Unemployment
16. Requiring Voter ID
17. Afghansitan
18. Which Religions are Unfairly Treated / Favored in USA
19. Extending Payroll Taxes
20. Extrending Bush Tax Cuts

So go ahead. Tell me my opinions and let see if you can get 17+ right. As you're a mindless drone, it won't be a problem for me to do so with you.

(Time for the dodge, Cut & Run etc....):D

Obama is a far better position than many on the far, far right will acknowledge.

He can win next year. Clinton, Eisenhower, and Truman certainly did in such situations.

Romney is going to have to work. I will vote for him, and I hope you will, too.

A generic Republican candidate now holds a four-point lead over President Obama in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. :eusa_clap:

Election 2012: Generic Presidential Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

"Generic Candidates" always do better than those whose weaknesses are known. This one will be close.

BTW, as I predicted the ConservaRepub who stated he could tell my opinions like I can his, Cut & Ran - exactly as I predicted. :lol:

Obama is a far better position than many on the far, far right will acknowledge.

He can win next year. Clinton, Eisenhower, and Truman certainly did in such situations.

Romney is going to have to work. I will vote for him, and I hope you will, too.

A generic Republican candidate now holds a four-point lead over President Obama in a hypothetical Election 2012 matchup. :eusa_clap:

Election 2012: Generic Presidential Ballot - Rasmussen Reports™

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfFAsbbL2v8]"The Race is On" Sawyer Brown - YouTube[/ame]

Many factors that could affect his chances are beyond his control.

That is something I wish people would consider. Obama predicted back in 09 that the unemployment rate would be at 10% at this point. People seem to forget that he made this prediction. He never made any promises to lower the unemployment rate.

President Obama Predicts Unemployment Will Hit 10% This Year - ABC News

Also, while it is telling he is behind in swing state polls, he remains even in national polls with Romney.

Yeah, the only problem with Obama's "prediction" was that he made it AFTER his economic team predicted that unemployment wouldn't go much over 8% if they were given the stimulus package they were asking for. Then after getting what they wanted they revised their estimates drastically which leaves you with two choices...either they knew they were way off and lied to us because they wanted to spend money on the progressive smorgasbord Nancy and Harry set up...or they were incompetant and misjudged the situation in a HUGE way.

Pick your poison, Billy...

After is better than before, wouldn't you say? After economists realized the unpredictability of the economy, they realized 8% wasn't feasible. Obama corrected his mistake after only 4 months.

Forum List

Back