Global Warming and the Null Hypothesis...

Good response JC. Clearly indicates your level of comprehension and involvement.

Do YOU have any source supporting Billy Bob's contention that the subject emails were collected in a file to support an FOIA request and were stored on a publicly accessible server? Billy Bob has not received numerous requests for the source of this contention but has yet to post ANYTHING. Does it not strike you as a little odd that such a convoluted claim could be so difficult to find? Does it not strike you as odd that a claim which would undermine the foundations of a major, long-running news story would be so difficult to locate? Does it not strike you as odd how many extreme claims poster Billy Bob has made in short order without providing an iota of supporting evidence?
Yeah, I'll get to that as soon as you show me how warm 120 PPM of CO2 is.

Already happened many times but you're too ignorant about science and too much in brainwashed denial of reality to either accept or comprehend the information.

Here you go again though.

It appears from the paleoclimate data that an increase of about 120ppm in atmospheric CO2 levels, when sustained at that level for a sufficiently long period of time, results in global temperatures about 5 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit higher than they are today, and sea levels approximately 75 to 120 feet higher than today.

Last time carbon dioxide levels were this high: 15 million years ago, scientists report
UCLA Newsroom
By Stuart Wolpert
October 08, 2009
(excerpts)
You would have to go back at least 15 million years to find carbon dioxide levels on Earth as high as they are today, a UCLA scientist and colleagues report Oct. 8 in the online edition of the journal Science. "The last time carbon dioxide levels were apparently as high as they are today; and were sustained at those levels; global temperatures were 5 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit higher than they are today, the sea level was approximately 75 to 120 feet higher than today, there was no permanent sea ice cap in the Arctic and very little ice on Antarctica and Greenland," said the paper's lead author, Aradhna Tripati, a UCLA assistant professor in the department of Earth and space sciences and the department of atmospheric and oceanic sciences.

Levels of carbon dioxide have varied only between 180 and 300 parts per million over the last 800,000 years; until recent decades, said Tripati, who is also a member of UCLA's Institute of Geophysics and Planetary Physics. It has been known that modern-day levels of carbon dioxide are unprecedented over the last 800,000 years, but the finding that modern levels have not been reached in the last 15 million years is new.

Well if that is the case, why haven't observed temperatures been that, and why are the ocean levels still the same today.
Because the Earth's climate takes a long time to equilibrate with the higher CO2 levels. The CO2 driven changes don't happen instantly. As the lead author of the study I cited put it: "The last time carbon dioxide levels were apparently as high as they are today; and were sustained at those levels"...
yeah right!!!!! what a boob!
Ah...the usual denier cult response of bewildered ignorance....your speciality....
It's all it warranted. so what?
The scientific study from the scientists at UCLA "warranted" 'bewildered ignorance'??? LOLOLOL.....you are SUCH a moronic loon.

WOW... The level of propaganda regurgitation is mind numbing.

I refuse to allow mind numb propagandists to run me around in circles.. You all cite the same crap over and over and over again even though its been debunked hundreds of times...

I think I will just watch you all run around in circles until someone accidentally falls into the truth and then I might help...

Just because some fool publishes a paper that is pal reviewed does not mean they have the science licked..

We can finally show with certainty that we have crested the top of the sinodal wave form (used by alarmists to cry hottest decade ever but in actuality normal behavior of a sinodal pattern) and we are now showing a statistically significant decline in global temperature.
trend

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not believe "sinodal" is a word in the English language. In Spanish, it means synod but somehow I don't think that was your intent. Did you perhaps mean to say sinusoidal?

Forum List

Back