Global IQs are Dropping 7 Pnts per Generation

It would explain Trump and Prime Minister May. The English seem to be in a mood to correct their mistake. We shall see if the U.S. is equally yoked.
giphy.gif

The article is talking about you doofus. Stop being an idiot.

The elites thought the public was so dumb they would elect someone as corrupt as Hillary, so they put someone as awful as Trump against her to make it a certainty. What they didn't count on is being outsmarted.

Wise up.

Really? I wasn't interviewed.

I doubt it was about me.....

Are you always this retarded?
These folks don't need to interview you. If you understand how statistics work, they have samples, they can do this without you just fine. They have folks that think and act just like you.

When I don't conform to government and corporate conspiracy theories that have little to no evidence to back them up, you call ME the tin foil hatter, but you accept their explanations with little to no proof. What it tells me, is you do little to no, actual READING. I can tell from the way you post, you just regurgitate what you see and hear, with very little, if any actual critical thinking. This bespeaks of someone who does little if any reading and reflection. Don't worry, from what I read on this forum, you are not alone.

THIS, in a nutshell is the primary source and hypothesized cause for this declined which started in the seventies. Mac might wish to associate it with tech, but it started before then.

This is the article that the blog post the OP was based on. It would shock me if you read it. :21:

We Are All Getting Dumber, New Science Proves, and No One Is Sure Why
Are our terrible diets, bad schools, tech obsession, and increasingly trashy media to blame?
We Are All Getting Dumber, New Science Proves, and No One Is Sure Why

". . . So we know that the culprit is nurture rather than nature (or, sorry xenophobes, migration), but scientists are still baffled as to what exact aspect of modern life is driving the decline. Some have proposed that our tech obsession might be to blame, but as the decline started in the 1970s, well before everyone spent their days staring at screens, that can't be the whole story.

Other proposed explanations are unhealthy modern diets, increasingly trashy media, or a decline in the quality of schooling or the prevalence of reading.. . . "

1 Incredibly Simple Way to Stand Out From the Crowd

I'm ashamed to say, I have only read 12 books so far this year, a new low for me. I had another surgery. What's your excuse?
Tl dr dc

The entire premise of The Bell Curve was that we are breeding for stupidity. Sadly, the public was so stupid, even by then, that the study was dismissed as racist.

Idiocracy, here we come.

Dems may achieve average IQ some day.

Everyone’s IQ Is Falling Worldwide And Scientists Can’t Figure Out Why
At the time of the new study, a team of researchers from the Ragnar Frisch Centre for Economic Research of Norway analyzed 230,000 IQ results of men that joined the national service between 1970 and 2009. The team has found that for each generation, the score dropped for about seven points on average.
However, this does not exactly mean that we are getting dumber though. This has not also stopped a lot of experts from finding the results of the Norwegian study to be incredibly troubling for humanity.
One person, named Stuart Ritchie of the University of Edinburgh, who was not involved in the study, said:
This is actually the most convincing evidence yet of a reversal of the Flynn Effect. If you assume that their model is correct, the results are going to be impressive, as well as pretty worrying.
During his decades-long research, the London-based researcher, named Edward Dutton, found similar results. He has found that in a few Western countries, which include Germany and France, the average IQ dropped.
He was also part of the documentary ‘Tomorrow; Everyone’s an Idiot,’ in which he claimed:
We are becoming stupider. This is occurring, and it is not going to go away. We would have to try to think about what we are going to do about it.​

[irony] It won't matter, because AOC says the world will end in 12 years [/irony]

Modern entertainment requires little or no participation, thus circumventing the reasoning parts of the brain.
Ya.

It's interesting that this dumbing down effect started happening right at the introduction of cable TEE VEE.

. . . and beta max/VCR's.

We are more stupid, some of us anyway, by design. Children don't have demands made on their intellect anymore (by and large) and pop culture rewards idiocy and imbeciles.

Idiocracy, here we come.

Dems may achieve average IQ some day.

Everyone’s IQ Is Falling Worldwide And Scientists Can’t Figure Out Why
At the time of the new study, a team of researchers from the Ragnar Frisch Centre for Economic Research of Norway analyzed 230,000 IQ results of men that joined the national service between 1970 and 2009. The team has found that for each generation, the score dropped for about seven points on average.
However, this does not exactly mean that we are getting dumber though. This has not also stopped a lot of experts from finding the results of the Norwegian study to be incredibly troubling for humanity.
One person, named Stuart Ritchie of the University of Edinburgh, who was not involved in the study, said:
This is actually the most convincing evidence yet of a reversal of the Flynn Effect. If you assume that their model is correct, the results are going to be impressive, as well as pretty worrying.
During his decades-long research, the London-based researcher, named Edward Dutton, found similar results. He has found that in a few Western countries, which include Germany and France, the average IQ dropped.
He was also part of the documentary ‘Tomorrow; Everyone’s an Idiot,’ in which he claimed:
We are becoming stupider. This is occurring, and it is not going to go away. We would have to try to think about what we are going to do about it.​
I find this easy to accept based solely on anecdotal evidence.

The entire premise of The Bell Curve was that we are breeding for stupidity. Sadly, the public was so stupid, even by then, that the study was dismissed as racist.
Lack of education about statistical significance of the differences in IQ between the races is why it has been dismissed.

Folks that are knowledgeable about anthropology, biology and statistics know it isn't significant. It is used as a divisive tool only by pundits.

IOW, there is more intelligence variation within the white race, and within the black race, than there is between the two. Therefor, the statistical difference between the two is insignificant.

You may wish to make hay about the mean difference, but it doesn't amount to a hill of beans due to the sampling variance.

NOW, if your average single black mother could just be encouraged to read to her kid as often as white parents read to their children, and then follow through? The difference would disappear in a generation.

It is a cultural thing.

Lack of education about statistical significance of the differences in IQ between the races is why it has been dismissed.

Folks that are knowledgeable about anthropology, biology and statistics know it isn't significant. It is used as a divisive tool only by pundits.

IOW, there is more intelligence variation within the white race, and within the black race, than there is between the two. Therefor, the statistical difference between the two is insignificant.

You may wish to make hay about the mean difference, but it doesn't amount to a hill of beans due to the sampling variance.

NOW, if your average single black mother could just be encouraged to read to her kid as often as white parents read to their children, and then follow through? The difference would disappear in a generation.

It is a cultural thing.
My older daughter teaches kindergarten at a charter school, and holy crap, they REALLY challenge the kids. Cursive handwriting, reading books, state capitols BEFORE the first grade. It's absolutely mind-blowing to watch.

And here's my favorite part: The school is in a low-income part of town, and her classes are always predominantly minority. These kids kick ass when shown the right attention, challenged, and held to higher standards.

I see it with my own eyes. The people on one end who think minorities are inferior are full of shit, just as are the people on the other end who want to coddle them, make excuses for them, and lower standards for them.

It is a cultural thing.
My older daughter teaches kindergarten at a charter school, and holy crap, they REALLY challenge the kids. Cursive handwriting, reading books, state capitols BEFORE the first grade. It's absolutely mind-blowing to watch.

And here's my favorite part: The school is in a low-income part of town, and her classes are always predominantly minority. These kids kick ass when shown the right attention, challenged, and held to higher standards.

I see it with my own eyes. The people on one end who think minorities are inferior are full of shit, just as are the people on the other end who want to coddle them, make excuses for them, and lower standards for them.

Agreed.

Stand and Deliver is a 1988 American drama film based on the true story of high school math teacher Jaime Escalante. For portraying Escalante, Edward James Olmos was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Actor at the 61st Academy Awards.[3] The film was added to the National Film Registry of the Library of Congress in 2011.
Stand and Deliver - Wikipedia

It would explain Trump and Prime Minister May. The English seem to be in a mood to correct their mistake. We shall see if the U.S. is equally yoked.
giphy.gif

The elites thought the public was so dumb they would elect someone as corrupt as Hillary, so they put someone as awful as Trump against her to make it a certainty. What they didn't count on is being outsmarted.

Wise up.
The fact you believe Trump's IQ is even half of Hillary's or Obama's proves maybe this study is correct- at least when it comes to Trump voters. Do you really believe a lying moron like Trump has an IQ any higher than even yours?

And right on cue, here comes a mind numbing comment about "TRUMP" as if to prove the point
the point is on the top of their pointy heads
Let us assume you have a normal, or just a little below normal IQ. Look at recent democratic candidates and/or presidents, such as Hillary, Obama, Bill Clinton, Carter, and try to judge their IQs honestly. Now compare that to Trump, Gomer Bush, Bush Senior, Ford and Reagan. And if you have even a much lower than average IQ you have to admit the democrats average at least 30 points higher than all those guys. If...and that is a very big If....you are even a little bit honest. Case closed.

giphy.gif

Wise up.
The fact you believe Trump's IQ is even half of Hillary's or Obama's proves maybe this study is correct- at least when it comes to Trump voters. Do you really believe a lying moron like Trump has an IQ any higher than even yours?

It doesn't matter.

I don't give a shit what Trump's IQ is, nor any other person they put in that office.

You obviously haven't got a clue what is going on. They have fooled you.

Who occupies that office makes not a lick of difference. Stop obsessing over it. THEY WANT you focused on that, just like a cat on a laser pointer. It is a distraction. If you voted for it, it endorses your slavery.

Nice job.

And right on cue, here comes a mind numbing comment about "TRUMP" as if to prove the point
Let us assume you have a normal, or just a little below normal IQ. Look at recent democratic candidates and/or presidents, such as Hillary, Obama, Bill Clinton, Carter, and try to judge their IQs honestly. Now compare that to Trump, Gomer Bush, Bush Senior, Ford and Reagan. And if you have even a much lower than average IQ you have to admit the democrats average at least 30 points higher than all those guys. If...and that is a very big If....you are even a little bit honest. Case closed.
1s3s4e.jpg

no room to debate. . . case closed. . . .

clearly. . .

giphy.gif

Wise up.

It doesn't matter.

I don't give a shit what Trump's IQ is, nor any other person they put in that office.

Who occupies that office makes not a lick of difference. Stop obsessing over it. THEY WANT you focused on that, just like a cat on a laser pointer. It is a distraction. If you voted for it, it endorses your slavery.

Nice job.
You should first admit you are lying when you claim Hillary is crooked or corrupt. She has been investigated by a republican special prosecutor, not one charge. She has been investigated by the FBI with a republican director, not one charge. She has been investigated 7 times or so by republican led congressional hearings, not one charge. Name anybody else in politics, or in civilian life, who could withstand such scrutiny by those who at most would not cut her any slack, who could be investigated so many times by so many entities and never even get a public reprimand out of it, much less any indictment or legal charges, much much less even a misdemeanor conviction. When are you going to wise up or do you like being lied to and played like a gullible sheep?

1s3s4e.jpg

clearly. . .
says the master debater who uses a picture of some unknown person as an example of his debating expertise. good job.

giphy.gif

Wise up.

It doesn't matter.

Nice job.
You should first admit you are lying when you claim Hillary is crooked or corrupt. She has been investigated by a republican special prosecutor, not one charge. She has been investigated by the FBI with a republican director, not one charge. She has been investigated 7 times or so by republican led congressional hearings, not one charge. Name anybody else in politics, or in civilian life, who could withstand such scrutiny by those who at most would not cut her any slack, who could be investigated so many times by so many entities and never even get a public reprimand out of it, much less any indictment or legal charges, much much less even a misdemeanor conviction. When are you going to wise up or do you like being lied to and played like a gullible sheep?

Now you’ll get some jazz about the swamp, “ruling class”, deep state or some other self-created boogeyman.

1s3s4e.jpg

clearly. . .
says the master debater who uses a picture of some unknown person as an example of his debating expertise. good job.

MisterBeale is a proud 9/11 Truther and a Trump supporter.

That she/he/it is arguing in this thread is a confirmation of the drop in IQ points.

giphy.gif

Wise up.

It doesn't matter.

Nice job.

Your tacit assumption is that the establishment isn't corrupt to the core, and that she isn't the chosen representative of that syndicate.

:auiqs.jpg:

Nice.

Forum List

Back