Glenn Beck asks - Why does media censor that stadium at Mandela funeral half empty?

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
South Africans know that mandela took the country down the zimbabwe path. Chasing out the whites means illiterate blacks are left to run things

?Why was that stadium half empty?? Glenn reacts to the media coverage of Nelson Mandela?s memorial service ? Glenn Beck

Dec 10, 2013 at 1:11 PM MST

Last week, Glenn reflected on his conflicting feelings about Nelson Mandela, and ultimately asked his audience to remember Mandela for his principles not his politics. On radio this morning, Glenn furthered that theme as he reacted to the bizarre media coverage of the Mandela’s death and memorial service.

Though the photos and video coverage of today’s memorial service in Johannesburg, South Africa often showed tight shots of the crowd gathered, Glenn could not help but notice what appeared to be a half-empty stadium.

“I’m watching the coverage and no one will talk about why that stadium was half-empty. Now, I don’t have the answer. I don’t know why. I know it was raining. I know on the radio listening coming in, they were saying people were jammed outside trying to get into the stadium. I saw the pictures on CNN with the reporter standing outside an empty parking lot saying a lot of the people just went home. I know that people lined up at midnight to get in,” Glenn said. “But it was half-empty. The field was empty. That might have been for security. I don’t know. But the seats were half-empty, except under cover. Now, that’s still a lot of people, but I wonder why the networks framed almost every shot so you didn’t see the half-empty stadium. Now, is it possible that it was because of rain? Yes, it is possible.”

While much of the world as deified Mandela, Glenn questioned whether South Africa looks at their former leader in the same way.

mandela+y+castro.jpg

He was pals with ruthless tyrants. That's not being covered, that's more important

mandela+y+castro.jpg

He was pals with ruthless tyrants. That's not being covered, that's more important

On a visit to Cuba, Nelson Mandela told the Cuban people that the FAPLA-Cuban success at Cuito and in Lubango was "a turning point for the liberation of our continent and my people" as well as the Angolan civil war and the struggle for Namibian independence.

Are you just posting pics without explanation to get the knee-jerk?

some things are just not that important.

I saw the empty seats in the stadium--and assumed that either people had been there and left due to the rain or were involved in other tributes.

?Surely they didn't have to buy tickets?

Who knows.

Because Glenn Beck is irrelevant now and desperately wants to come back.

That's one stupid fucking statement. You can think what you want about Beck and his opinions, but the man owns his own TV studio. Come back? LMAO.

That's one stupid fucking statement. You can think what you want about Beck and his opinions, but the man owns his own TV studio. Come back? LMAO.

He owns a studio?

He was fired from FOX because his show sucked.

He can't fix the fact that he sucks because he has cash.

He owns a studio?

You're an idiot. Tell me how a guy builds an empire of media is looking for a "come back"?

You're ignorant.

He owns a studio?

You're an idiot. Tell me how a guy builds an empire of media is looking for a "come back"?

You're ignorant.

If I'm so ignorant, why do you wish to hear my thoughts?

I did not know Beck was still around. Guess the Beatles got back together, too?

GOD I'm such an idiot.

38071876.jpg

^^^^ See.

He owns a studio?

You're ignorant.

Glenn Beck is popular for the same reason that Ancient Astronauts and Ghost Hunters are popular. People absolutely love watching nonsensical b.s.

He owns a studio?

You're ignorant.
BECKS "EMPIRE" isn't even a fiefdom.....

He owns a studio?

You're ignorant.

GOD I'm such an idiot.

38071876.jpg

^^^^ See.

TheBlaze - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You're no Napolean Dynamite, more like Uncle Rico.

You're ignorant.

GOD I'm such an idiot.

38071876.jpg

^^^^ See.

a station that closes at midnight....now that's an empire.

GOD I'm such an idiot.

38071876.jpg

^^^^ See.

a station that closes at midnight....now that's an empire.

What time does yours close?

Top 15 Most Popular Political Websites

That's just one arm of a media enterprise started by one man with his own money three years ago.

Why is it so difficult to find actual GBTV viewership numbers? I have found some that claim only 200,000 per day, but I'm not convinced they are reliable sources. Does GBTV somehow keep those numbers secret or am I looking in the wrong places?

mandela+y+castro.jpg

On a visit to Cuba, Nelson Mandela told the Cuban people that the FAPLA-Cuban success at Cuito and in Lubango was "a turning point for the liberation of our continent and my people" as well as the Angolan civil war and the struggle for Namibian independence.

Are you just posting pics without explanation to get the knee-jerk?

That doesn't explain away the friendship he had with that ruthless fuck.

Forum List

Back