Gitmo

Probably. I talked with a person in the military that worked at GITMO. He says the low level insurgents were sent somewhere else. The only folks left there are the worst of the worst,and they are still there because no one WANTS them... well except for the idiots on the left here in the good ol USA.

I know somebody, who knows somebody who spoke to somebody...yadda, yadda, yadda..

Here's where you "patriots" just don't get it: if you have conclusive evidence these folks are terrorists, I dare you to find one "leftie" who would not want that person incarcerated.

You righties are all about "freedom" and the "constitution" etc, but man, when it really comes down to it, you guys run rough-shod over justice like a Mac Truck over a bicycle..

I know somebody, who knows somebody who spoke to somebody...yadda, yadda, yadda..

Here's where you "patriots" just don't get it: if you have conclusive evidence these folks are terrorists, I dare you to find one "leftie" who would not want that person incarcerated.

You righties are all about "freedom" and the "constitution" etc, but man, when it really comes down to it, you guys run rough-shod over justice like a Mac Truck over a bicycle..

Another one that ignores the FACT that during the Clinton years rendition was used regularly....was he a rightie??
and we all know RENDITION = a degree of unpleasantness for the detainee..
a

How bout we just send em to your country. Will you give em refuge from the evil Americans? Well, willyahuh?

Mr. Panetta, served as chief of staff for President Clinton from 1994 to 1997, do we need to know what role he played in shaping the policy known as "extraordinary rendition during those years.....will the pansy ass Dems now ignore that past and demand that Bush be tried for some imagined crimes in Gitmo and even the existence of Gitmo....???

Bullshit. They aren't American citizens, they do not get to enjoy the whole spectrum of privileges that American citizens are privilege to when suspected of crimes committed by Americans on US soil.

These are men who are hostiles, who are being tried to acts of terror, not for robbing somebody's grandma. They are enemies of the state, and as such DO NOT RECEIVE THE PRIVILEGES AMERICAN CITIZENS RECEIVE. They are war criminals, and until all hostilities end against the US, they should fucking be treated as war criminals and prisoners of war.

Tough shit. You don't want to get waterboarded, don't declare war on Americans. Come to America legally and drive a cab, I guarantee if you get drunk and kill somebody you'll be afforded every privilege of an American citizen. Train kids and finance them to hijack planes to fly into the Pentagon, fuck you, you're going to enjoy the hospitality we afford prisoners of war. Which is still 100 percent more humane than anything your piece of shit buddies afford our guys when they catch them, torture them, then saw off their heads.

My understanding is that there was a process for getting to Gitmo. It wasn't the reception station, it was the end point. You had to filter through a few other places before you got there. Also, let's not act like thousands of people ever went to Gitmo. Only 500 and change ever got there. Only 210 remain there.

I would like to discuss what should have been done instead. I think it will be an informative discussion. There are certainly a lot of pitfalls to whatever choice you select. I'm not going to defend Gitmo or Bush's choice. It was one available choice, I'm not convinced it was the worst possible choice, but there were probably better available choices.

I think you are a little over the top on some of that, we didn't try Stalin and Khrushchev as war criminals for enslaving Nazi POWs for 10 years after the war and doing most of them to death. So just settle down. We're complicit in a lot more than you're admitting.

Stalin should have been tried and executed for crimes during world war 2 and against the Russians. Khruschev released the POW's (at least those from West Germany) with Konrad Adenauer's pleas.

Why does Obama want to close Gitmo? What's his reasoning behind shutting it down?

Because its unamerican to torture people and hold them as prisoners for their whole lives without charging them with anything. Its a black stain our our moral high ground, and its a terrorist recruitment magnet.

That's what Colin Powell says anway. And Bush's Sec of Defence, Gates, now obama's Sec Def has wanted it closed to. I don't think those two dudes are marxists-lenninists

Is it used only for suspected terrorists? Where will these people go when it is closed? Thanks.

I imagine those who are suspected of being terrorists will be tried in court, either in this country or another country, and they'll go to prison.

Bullshit. They aren't American citizens, they do not get to enjoy the whole spectrum of privileges that American citizens are privilege to when suspected of crimes committed by Americans on US soil.

These are men who are hostiles, who are being tried to acts of terror, not for robbing somebody's grandma. They are enemies of the state, and as such DO NOT RECEIVE THE PRIVILEGES AMERICAN CITIZENS RECEIVE. They are war criminals, and until all hostilities end against the US, they should fucking be treated as war criminals and prisoners of war.

Tough shit. You don't want to get waterboarded, don't declare war on Americans. Come to America legally and drive a cab, I guarantee if you get drunk and kill somebody you'll be afforded every privilege of an American citizen. Train kids and finance them to hijack planes to fly into the Pentagon, fuck you, you're going to enjoy the hospitality we afford prisoners of war. Which is still 100 percent more humane than anything your piece of shit buddies afford our guys when they catch them, torture them, then saw off their heads.

Get with the programme Allie Baby...if they are what you say they are, then throw away your key. However, your premise is absurd - you are saying that they cannot have due process, which might prove their innocence, because they are not American citizens. So how do they prove their innocence?? Can you say 'vicious circle'? How benevolent of you....

HEY! I know!

Let's send all the terrorists over to Mexico to make a better life for themselves. I mean, Mexico keeps sending all their rejects up here, let's send ours down there.

and they think our prisons are bad!!

If they have been proved innocent and they want to come, yep...

chicken, take em, try em,, let's see how it's done big boy you aren't a humainitarian if you don't get them away from the evil Americans.

Not in a civil court he wasn't. That aside, if they are proved innocent, so be it...that's why Western Countries have a court of law and not a kangaroo court...:cool:

Just try to understand the connundrum we are facing here.

There also is the small matter of that fact that you guys took 'em in the first place. I thought you Yanks were all about personal responsibilty?? :eusa_whistle:

ahh, so there ya have it, you won't rescue the innocent terrorists from the evil Americans,,, awww jeez..you had you chance

Not in a civil court he wasn't. That aside, if they are proved innocent, so be it...that's why Western Countries have a court of law and not a kangaroo court...:cool:

Its amazing how little faith conservatives have in america, our courts, and our criminal justice system.

Clinton prosectued a bunch of terrorists. Not one was acquited. They all got their asses sent to prison for life.

If those suspected terrorists did something wrong, I can't see an american jury acquiting them.

Stalin should have been tried and executed for crimes during world war 2 and against the Russians. Khruschev released the POW's (at least those from West Germany) with Konrad Adenauer's pleas.

When he got around to it. Stalin died in 1953. The POWs that were left were not released until 1954- 1955.

Forum List

Back