Gitmo

Of course you want Bush to be old news. But, I have to ask, why do you continue to defend his policies with ever fiber of your being when most cons now belatedly claim they could barely stand voting for Bush? That seems rather odd to spend 8 years defending someone you could supposedly barely stomach voting for.

Gitmo is a recruiting tool for terrorists. Every expert says this. There is broad consensus outside the NeoCon community and outside of Rush Limbaugh's fan base that we should close gitmo. It helps the terroirists more than it helps us.

I'm not an expert on what to do with those people. Neither are you. Somebody's going to figure it out. If it were up to you and bush, you'd keep the place open forever so that it would be the terrorists best recruiting poster they could dream of.

I want to be smart about fighting terrorists. Cons, evidently, want to invest their energy defending Bush's legacy.

I defend policies I believe in without regard to who else supports them and whether or fellow supporters happen also to be president.

I couldn't give a rat's ass about Bush or his legacy. It will be what it will be regardless of what anyone now alive thinks or says.

you made it yer problem when you stepped forward and offered advice. We are giving you a chance to be humanitarian.

Oh, right so when I question somebody's rights to a fair trial, I'm interfering? I thought you righties were all about freedom of speech etc? Now that I question something, suddenly once again YOUR FUCK up becomes my problem. Typical neocon, causing shit then blaming it on others or trying to get them to take responsibility. Why am I not surprised...

One of the more interesting things about Gitmo is hmmm let me see our economy is failing at a record pace. Business are shutting down left and right schools are closing. People are losing their jobs and homes but the biggest thing on the President's plate was closing Gitmo. I find that amazing.

During his campaign all I heard was how he was going to fix this economy not much on Gitmo but by gosh that was the first thing he wanted to take care of.

Not that I am for keeping anyone in prison if they are truly innocent. You know I bet if we looked really hard we could find some innocent men locked up in other US prisons. I am sure that holds true for prisons all over the world. Not that I am for it I am just stating a fact.

I guess the point of this rant is what comes first on the chopping block. Honestly Gitmo was not on the top of my list. I am surprised it top billing from our new president considering he has not announced what he plans to do with the prisoners in Gitmo. Maybe he could have stepped back just a tad and had a plan before he jumped on it.

I am afraid that his first four years we are going to experience his lack of experience. I really do want him to succeed because if he does not we all go down with him.

One of the more interesting things about Gitmo is hmmm let me see our economy is failing at a record pace. Business are shutting down left and right schools are closing. People are losing their jobs and homes but the biggest thing on the President's plate was closing Gitmo. I find that amazing.

During his campaign all I heard was how he was going to fix this economy not much on Gitmo but by gosh that was the first thing he wanted to take care of.

Not that I am for keeping anyone in prison if they are truly innocent. You know I bet if we looked really hard we could find some innocent men locked up in other US prisons. I am sure that holds true for prisons all over the world. Not that I am for it I am just stating a fact.

I guess the point of this rant is what comes first on the chopping block. Honestly Gitmo was not on the top of my list. I am surprised it top billing from our new president considering he has not announced what he plans to do with the prisoners in Gitmo. Maybe he could have stepped back just a tad and had a plan before he jumped on it.

I am afraid that his first four years we are going to experience his lack of experience. I really do want him to succeed because if he does not we all go down with him.

stopped all the terrorist trials, including Kalib Sheik Mohammad. the admitted mastermind of 9-11.. :clap2: obama obama obama obama!

It is because of their treatment at GITMO that they will not be charged. The charges would have been dropped or thrown because of concerns for national security and personal concerns of many involved. The law is the law and we are a nation of laws.

plus, why would you mention trials? Do you mean civilian trials? YOu must because if there were going to be military trails it would've been done with by now---oops, but then there would've been the World Court. hmmmmmm....

Isn't the rub against others...that they would arrest terrorists and try them as criminals (as I view them) instead of warriors and war criminals?

Justice has been ill served by the Bush/Cheney Administration when it comes to the war on terror. Revenge may have been served, but not justice.

From my understanding, Obama is going to change the process. Couldn't he do this while still utilizing the facility? I just wonder where anyone there will go, that's all. Thanks.

and so is everybody else including the lawyers.

people are criticizing the Obama admin for making this move because it will be a year (maybe longer) before anything is done.

so the short answer is nowhere...the GITMO detainees are going nowhere for the foreseeable future. so please stop worrying your pretty little head over issues of no immediacy? Please, let the adults do that...they've only been back in control for a few days now. give IT time.

Last edited:
The closing of Guantanamo Bay Dentention center, is a big mistake.
America should not bring these kind of Prisoners to American soil.
This will open up America to lawsuits by detainess.A big blunder by this Rookie Politician.
More to come.?

The closing of Guantanamo Bay Dentention center, is a big mistake.
America should not bring these kind of Prisoners to American soil.
This will open up America to lawsuits by detainess.A big blunder by this Rookie Politician.
More to come.?
I questioned that also. Do you have the legalise of what it entails bringing them into prisons in the states?

Well another amazing development. President Obama strikes down a ban on federal money for abortions. Yep he is on the right track now close gitmo and free up money to kill babies. So far his campaign promises have taken a back seat what a shock right.

So much for Mom and Pop out on the street because they lost their home it was more important to close gitmo and kill babies truly things that are on every American's lips. His talk does not match his walk. When will we say something? When will we call him on it. Has Obama been given free rein of this country? Are we now a dictatorship? I frankly am disgusted form the get go. I hope this turns around quickly. The first 100 days are not looking to good. And everyone thinks Bush will go down as the worst president.

Hang on Bush history may vindicate you quicker then you think.

Well another amazing development. President Obama strikes down a ban on federal money for abortions. Yep he is on the right track now close gitmo and free up money to kill babies. So far his campaign promises have taken a back seat what a shock right.

So much for Mom and Pop out on the street because they lost their home it was more important to close gitmo and kill babies truly things that are on every American's lips. His talk does not match his walk. When will we say something? When will we call him on it. Has Obama been given free rein of this country? Are we now a dictatorship? I frankly am disgusted form the get go. I hope this turns around quickly. The first 100 days are not looking to good. And everyone thinks Bush will go down as the worst president.

Hang on Bush history may vindicate you quicker then you think.

Sorry, but you aren't going to be able to clear Bush Jr's name by slandering Obama.

Idiot.

Personally, I dont think Gitmo shuld be closed. Sure, closing it is a show of goodwill to other countries, but its a fact that many prisoners released from Gitmo have been returning to the battlefield and carrying out attacks again. One, supposedly is a leader of a cell somewhere in the mid-east. So, we cant release them.......put them in our jails and they will recruit within the jails. Local street gangs are able to operate from within the jail walls, so a jihadist will as well.... good job Obama let them recruit and allow these guys to plan an attack!
However, keep them in Gitmo and they have no one to recruit, speak to or carry anything out from them. Anyway, thats my opinion

Only SEVEN out of the several hundred that were released UNDER THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION have made it back to the field.

Saying that we're going to end up with terrorists roaming the streets of America is just another bullshit move by the Greedy Old People, meant to scare us into doing what they want (i.e. keeping GITMO open).

Personally? I think my home state could handle it. They asked for 100 to be sent up to the new prison that we've got in Hardin Montana, because they have a new prison, but no prisoners, and the economy up there could use it.

Besides......do you know how hard it is to escape from that place? Nothing around but wild animals and predators. Terrorist might last 2 days there on the outside, but then the wolves, cougars and bears would get 'em.

Only SEVEN out of the several hundred that were released UNDER THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION have made it back to the field.

Saying that we're going to end up with terrorists roaming the streets of America is just another bullshit move by the Greedy Old People, meant to scare us into doing what they want (i.e. keeping GITMO open).

Personally? I think my home state could handle it. They asked for 100 to be sent up to the new prison that we've got in Hardin Montana, because they have a new prison, but no prisoners, and the economy up there could use it.

Besides......do you know how hard it is to escape from that place? Nothing around but wild animals and predators. Terrorist might last 2 days there on the outside, but then the wolves, cougars and bears would get 'em.

They are trying one of the gitmo "terrorists" right now in new york...I just looked outside and the world doesn't seem to be in dissaray. What happens when you cry wolf too often?
It dilutes credibility when something actually dangerous is brought up.

Trump released hundreds of ISIS fighters from Turkeys prison and jailed thousands of migrants just for crossing the border. Republican's think Trump is awesome!

Forum List

Back