GITMO: Defendants protest

Peach

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2009
9/11 Defendants Stage Protest at Guantanamo Hearing - WSJ.com
GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba—The self-proclaimed mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks repeatedly declined to answer a judge's questions Saturday and his co-defendants knelt in prayer in what appeared to be a concerted protest against the military proceedings.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other men appeared for the first time in more than three years for arraignment at a military tribunal at Guantanamo Bay. They are charged with 2,976 counts of murder for the 2001 attacks.

The hearing quickly got bogged down before they could be arraigned.

Mr. Mohammed and his co-defendants took off the earphones that provide Arabic translations and refused to answer any questions from the judge, Army Col. James Pohl, dramatically slowing a hearing that is heavy on military legal procedure.

How long will these trials last?

GUANTANAMO BAY NAVAL BASE, Cuba—The self-proclaimed mastermind of the Sept. 11 attacks repeatedly declined to answer a judge's questions Saturday and his co-defendants knelt in prayer in what appeared to be a concerted protest against the military proceedings.

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other men appeared for the first time in more than three years for arraignment at a military tribunal at Guantanamo Bay. They are charged with 2,976 counts of murder for the 2001 attacks.

Mr. Mohammed and his co-defendants took off the earphones that provide Arabic translations and refused to answer any questions from the judge, Army Col. James Pohl, dramatically slowing a hearing that is heavy on military legal procedure.

Just put them all in military tribunal already geeze!

They ARE in a military tribunal.

Sorry you said trials not tribunals........my bad.

If they are refusing then just find them in contempt and guilty, its not like its a civil/criminal court in the USA nor do we have to worry about violating any type of constitutional rights as the terrorists don't have any ;)

Last edited:

If they are refusing then just find them in contempt and guilty, its not like its a civil/criminal court in the USA nor do we have to worry about violating any type of constitutional rights as the terrorists don't have any ;)

The right to a hearing IS a constitutional right; those who refuse to participate in their defense due so at their peril.

The right to a hearing IS a constitutional right; those who refuse to participate in their defense due so at their peril.

you and I are not on the same page at all here, i'm not sure why but at least we are keeping your thread active :D

Enemy combatants do not have a right to a trial, unless we want to give them one, and then it should be a military tribunal.

The terrorists in Gitmo have no protection under the US constitution nor does the us Military have any obligation to extend constitutional protection to them.

you and I are not on the same page at all here, i'm not sure why but at least we are keeping your thread active :D

Enemy combatants do not have a right to a trial, unless we want to give them one, and then it should be a military tribunal.

The terrorists in Gitmo have no protection under the US constitution nor does the us Military have any obligation to extend constitutional protection to them.

That argument was made before the Nuremberg trials, thank God it did not prevail. Some suggested rounding up up to 30,000 of the Reich leadership and summarily executing them. There is due process in Gitmo; the term TRIBUNAL is similar to trial, sometimes used to designate Courts of extraordinary jurisdiction.

That argument was made before the Nuremberg trials, thank God it did not prevail. Some suggested rounding up up to 30,000 of the Reich leadership and summarily executing them. There is due process in Gitmo; the term TRIBUNAL is similar to trial, sometimes used to designate Courts of extraordinary jurisdiction.

No that argument was not made before the Nuremberg trials, that argument would have been the Reich's leadership were not US citizens but enemy combatants and thus not afforded constitutional rights and protections of us citizens.

I didn't say execute them, I said try them in a military court now and get it done instead of dragging it out, if they refuse to participate find them in contempt and guilty.

No that argument was not made before the Nuremberg trials, that argument would have been the Reich's leadership were not US citizens but enemy combatants and thus not afforded constitutional rights and protections of us citizens.

I didn't say execute them, I said try them in a military court now and get it done instead of dragging it out, if they refuse to participate find them in contempt and guilty.

That appears to be the ongoing course of action; holding them in contempt may not be worth the time, but the hearing CONTINUES.

In an interview this morning, Cheryl Boorman, attorney for Walid Salih, wears traditional muslim coverings out of respect for the muslim culture and religion. She would like a ruling from the judge to mandate all women at the trial show such respect.

She is a true liberal.

Why are these people even alive?

If this scum refuses to play along, beat them until they change their minds.

then drown them in Guantamino bay

no mercy
no pity
no prayers

Forum List

Back