Gitmo alive and well under Obama

How does it not occur to you people that if trials by torture are allowed in any circumstance, it will create a precedent by which they may be used on any of us, at any time, for any reason that the people with the power to hold them may have?

If you think Obama is so terrible, how do you feel about the fact that he has the power to have any of you taken without charges, held indefinitely, tortured into confessing to, say, acts of domestic terrorism, and then executed based on that confession?

Has it not occured to you that if the military commissions act of 2006 is upheld this is legally possible?

'Scuse me, but you're mixing apples with oranges here. What you've described would protected by the U. S. Constitution. You are attempting to compare it to non-Americans to whom the Constitution does not apply. It doesnt apply to non residents or non citzens of the USA, but it does apply applies to those that are here. I challenge you to show us where Obama has such "power" IN the U.S.

1. Put me on any list you like. I don't give a flying fuck.

2. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

3. Should I put you on the list of al qaeda sympathizers?

1: How about the docket for the next set of tribunals after your coercive interrogation provides the evidence against you?

2: I know what the fuck I'm talking about. you, on the other hand, don't seem to have a clue.

3: Oooh, are you going to blacklist me? are you going to call senator McCarthy?

I'm sorry if it offends you, but I happen to give a damn about the American system of justice.

Actually, strike that, I'm not sorry. If it offends you: fuck you.

Does the American system of justice and all of its rules apply to warriors in time of war?

How does it not occur to you people that if trials by torture are allowed in any circumstance, it will create a precedent by which they may be used on any of us, at any time, for any reason that the people with the power to hold them may have?

If you think Obama is so terrible, how do you feel about the fact that he has the power to have any of you taken without charges, held indefinitely, tortured into confessing to, say, acts of domestic terrorism, and then executed based on that confession?

Has it not occured to you that if the military commissions act of 2006 is upheld this is legally possible?

Does this law apply to US citizens? Are US citizens not protected from both coercion and from any fruit of the poisen tree that may fall as a result?

Obama revives terror tribunals, dismaying liberals

Reinstating tribunals after he lambasted them. I think Obama may actually grow up some now that he is president and has found out his pie in the sky bullshit as a candidate does not WORK.

Just wish he would wake up on the amount of debt he is creating for us.

I find this rather amusing, considering I've been saying it since Day 10....

Obama backtracks on security pledges
President’s recent decisions have put him more in line with his predecessor

NYT analysis: Decisions on detainee photos, tribunals put him more in line with Bush, despite campaign vows.

Story

NYT analysis: Obama scales back from vows - The New York Times- msnbc.com

Obviously the government is quite sure they have other evidence other than what was used during coarsion. These guys are NOT American citizens and according to the Geneva Convention, they do NOT deserve a trial. That was, until 2006 when the Supreme Court ruled they do.

I don't agree with it.

I also don't think they should be in their own prison. I think we should put them in some of the bad ass maximum security prisons in New Mexico or Texas. Let them get anal rapings daily. I have no problem with that.

Again, these people were not NOT members of the army of a foreign country. They are illegal combatants. They do NOT deserve the right to a fair trial.

Do you know what the point of a fair trial is? It's not just some ritual we go through where you get a random chance to avoid punishment.

The point of a fair trial is to determine guilt.

If these people are guilty, then a fair trial should demonstrate that.

If there is any person to which justice does not apply, then it effectively applies to no one.

We already know they're guilty. We don't need to spend millions of dollars to treat these animals like human beings.

Dear Pyrite,
I was found innocent of murder in a "fair" trial.

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson.

So I'll put you down for the abolition of the justice system, of fair trials, and of the rule of law, to be replaced by kangaroo courts and lynch mobs, then.

And we'll put you down with wanting terrorists to go freely so they can murder innocent people again. Once again, these people are NOT American citizens. They do NOT have rights. We can lock them away in a cave for the rest of their lives.

If I went over to Saudi Arabia and I blew up one of their oil refineries, since I'm NOT a US soldier and a private citizen, I will not be given rights. The Arabs can do whatever they want to me.

I am sure that the 9/11 families would enjoy Fools Gold's idea to give the orchestrators of the attacks a chance to go free on technicalities.

They wouldn't. If any one of those bastards go free, I will go to North Dakota myself and kill them. You have no idea what it's like to live in NYC 8 years later and hear a car backfire and seeing a crowd of people duck. I used to love looking at the skyline of Manhattan and seeing the twin towers there. These bastards are responsible for the deaths of over 300 FDNY and dozens of NYPD officers and they nearly killed my brother. I will make sure that if the "American Justice System" doesn't lock these boys up for good, my gun will shut these "Allah Ackbar" loving fools up for good. That's not a threat. Mark my words, any of these bastards go free, I WILL kill them.

You idiot. The difference is these people are illegal combatants. We are American citizens. Go read the Geneva Convention and learn something.

For those not paying attention, BO keeps confirming that Chimpy was handling the war on terror correctly.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

For those not paying attention, BO keeps confirming that Chimpy was handling the war on terror correctly.

You know, when Bush did something that most Americans supported, including most Democrats and liberals, they stood up and applauded Bush.

The Republicans and conservatives should grow some backbone and do the same.

I am sure that the 9/11 families would enjoy Fools Gold's idea to give the orchestrators of the attacks a chance to go free on technicalities.

They wouldn't. If any one of those bastards go free, I will go to North Dakota myself and kill them. You have no idea what it's like to live in NYC 8 years later and hear a car backfire and seeing a crowd of people duck. I used to love looking at the skyline of Manhattan and seeing the twin towers there. These bastards are responsible for the deaths of over 300 FDNY and dozens of NYPD officers and they nearly killed my brother. I will make sure that if the "American Justice System" doesn't lock these boys up for good, my gun will shut these "Allah Ackbar" loving fools up for good. That's not a threat. Mark my words, any of these bastards go free, I WILL kill them.

I can only imagine what it's like for new yorkers.

I forgot the cuckoo at the end of that post.

I can only imagine what it's like for new yorkers.

I forgot the cuckoo at the end of that post.

It is not easy - we are reminded, nearly every day, of the scars of 9/11.

You know, when Bush did something that most Americans supported, including most Democrats and liberals, they stood up and applauded Bush.

LOL what the fuck do you think the conservatives are doing in this thread, while MOST of your liberal brethren are fighting for constitutional rights for the terrorists

'Scuse me, but you're mixing apples with oranges here. What you've described would protected by the U. S. Constitution. You are attempting to compare it to non-Americans to whom the Constitution does not apply. It doesnt apply to non residents or non citzens of the USA, but it does apply applies to those that are here. I challenge you to show us where Obama has such "power" IN the U.S.

Actually it does apply. So sayeth the USSC.

The more you know...=)

LOL what the fuck do you think the conservatives are doing in this thread, while MOST of your liberal brethren are fighting for constitutional rights for the terrorists

I know...its just so shitty that those damn liberals think that constitutional rights are important or something. If only they'd be willing to wipe their ass with it like the conservatives do.

I live in Manhattan and I work about 10 minutes from the WTC site. Sorry, but people don't duck when they hear a car backfire. Don't know what the fuck your talking about.

Dear Pyrite,
I was found innocent of murder in a "fair" trial.

Sincerely,

O.J. Simpson.

So I'll put you down for the abolition of the justice system, of fair trials, and of the rule of law, to be replaced by kangaroo courts and lynch mobs, then.

And we'll put you down with wanting terrorists to go freely so they can murder innocent people again. Once again, these people are NOT American citizens. They do NOT have rights. We can lock them away in a cave for the rest of their lives.

If I went over to Saudi Arabia and I blew up one of their oil refineries, since I'm NOT a US soldier and a private citizen, I will not be given rights. The Arabs can do whatever they want to me.

The US Constitution actually applies to foreigners. Funny that the USSC didn't declare that a foreigner has no constitutional rights once they step onto our shores. Gee, I wonder why.

'Scuse me, but you're mixing apples with oranges here. What you've described would protected by the U. S. Constitution. You are attempting to compare it to non-Americans to whom the Constitution does not apply. It doesnt apply to non residents or non citzens of the USA, but it does apply to those that are here. I challenge you to show us where Obama has such "power" IN the U.S.

Actually it does apply. So sayeth the USSC.

The more you know...=)

I'll pretend, for the time being, that I'm from Missouri....

I don't have liberal "brethren." I have American brethren.

Forum List

Back