Gingrich costing taxpayers $40,000 a day

Now that I have been made aware of the cost, I still don't care.

I'm not opposed to all government spending.

I am opposed to stupid, needless and unauthorized government spending.

It is arguable that the Newt campaign should officially fold its tents and that the "need" for such expensive protection should then be formally and officially reassessed. But until then, it still falls into at least a proper category.

He is also a former Speaker of the House.
You don't say.

man oh man..

Now they are worrying about 40,000 a day
I'd hate to add up the cost of Obama using air force one on all his jaunts for campaigning, fundraisers, tv interview, trips, etc etc

the abuse by this man of us taxpayers is astounding..

well you where one of the people who thought the trip to india really did cost 200 million a day....

really?

OMG! What a bargain!

"In his State of the Union address tonight, President Obama will reportedly issue a call for “responsible” efforts to reduce deficits (while simultaneously calling for new federal spending). In light of the President’s expected rhetorical nod to fiscal responsibility, it’s worth keeping in mind his record on deficits to date. When President Obama took office two years ago, the national debt stood at $10.626 trillion. It now stands at $14.071 trillion — a staggering increase of $3.445 trillion in just 735 days (about $5 billion a day)."
Who Spent More? Average Bush Vs. Average Obama Spending Per Day Proves Obama Most Reckless And Irresponsible EVER « Start Thinking Right

A matter of perspective, isn't it? Newt still hasn't bowed out of the race, nor has Ron Paul (as Liability so correctly noted)...viability not an issue...all candidates are afforded the protection...

As you note? We have a POTUS that is spending like a madman (with Congressional approval mind you)...and we aren't supposed to look at that aspect...and are called all kinds of nice little names by the left and even blamed for it as the OP seems to suggest.

Last edited:
Just to put things into perspective, Ron Paul doesn't use SS detail and wouldn't even as president, he would provide his own security.

Ron Paul is not even a blip on the Election screen. That loser doesn't need Secret Service protection.

If by some travesty he were to ever be President, he'd absolutely still get Secret Service protection. It's not a "choice" matter.

and newt is?

please, you're killing me

:rofl:

Just to put things into perspective, Ron Paul doesn't use SS detail and wouldn't even as president, he would provide his own security.

Ron Paul is not even a blip on the Election screen. That loser doesn't need Secret Service protection.

If by some travesty he were to ever be President, he'd absolutely still get Secret Service protection. It's not a "choice" matter.

and newt is?

He is still in though..
so this thread is worthless

OMG! What a bargain!

"In his State of the Union address tonight, President Obama will reportedly issue a call for “responsible” efforts to reduce deficits (while simultaneously calling for new federal spending). In light of the President’s expected rhetorical nod to fiscal responsibility, it’s worth keeping in mind his record on deficits to date. When President Obama took office two years ago, the national debt stood at $10.626 trillion. It now stands at $14.071 trillion — a staggering increase of $3.445 trillion in just 735 days (about $5 billion a day)."
Who Spent More? Average Bush Vs. Average Obama Spending Per Day Proves Obama Most Reckless And Irresponsible EVER « Start Thinking Right

A matter of perspective, isn't it? Newt still hasn't bowed out of the race, nor has Ron Paul (as Liability so correctly noted)...viability not an issue...all candidates are afforded the protection...

As you note? We have a POTUS that is spending like a madman (with Congressional approval mund you)...and we aren't supposed to look at that aspect...and are called all kinds of nice little names by the left and even blamed for it as the OP seems to suggest.

no, they're not.

you should stick to subjects you know about- like the dry heaves

United States Secret Service: Candidate Protection

For his security detail.

Why aren't the "fiscal conservatives" in melt down?
Hmm wonder how much Obama is costing us a day???? Especially when his family goes separately on trips
Solyndra, The Stimulus, FOOD Stamp president just to name a few

Last edited:
man oh man..

I'd hate to add up the cost of Obama using air force one on all his jaunts for campaigning, fundraisers, tv interview, trips, etc etc

Or his vacations which his entourage is astounding!

For his security detail.

Why aren't the "fiscal conservatives" in melt down?
Hmm wonder how much Obama is costing us a day???? Especially when his family goes separately on trips
Solyndra, The Stimulus, FOOD Stamp president just to name a few

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qSyp2uJ3Zw]Obama Working Hard Scouting for More Vacation Spots to Bring Michelle on YOUR Dime - YouTube[/ame]

man oh man..

Or his vacations which his entourage is astounding!

Pelosi has nothing on Obama...and I'm sure she'd LOVE to have her travel perks back for her entourage...;)

WE have to make sure that never happens.

As he has qualified in many states as a candidate, this is a necessary expense. He is also a former Speaker of the House.

Again, I may not like him, but security is required. That is our system, no need to change it. If Vampiric gets a security detail, I might complain.:eusa_angel:

man oh man..

Jilian can get back to us on why we think there should be a choice of Republican candidates after she gets the shrimp treadmill research cancelled. This is so tiny compared to all the things we have a choice over what to have a cow about.

You think there's still a choice in the primary? Like, Gingrich could somehow get a huge surge in popularity overnight and snatch the primary away from Romney?

It ain't gonna happen!

You guys can spin this off into as many tangents as you want with shrimp treadmills and Airforce One but the fact remains, Gingrich is obviously not going to win and he is knowingly and needlessly wasting taxpayer money. Another example of right-wing hot air blathering about government spending up until it comes to personal need. Then the mantra becomes: I got mine!

man oh man..

Jilian can get back to us on why we think there should be a choice of Republican candidates after she gets the shrimp treadmill research cancelled. This is so tiny compared to all the things we have a choice over what to have a cow about.

You think there's still a choice in the primary? Like, Gingrich could somehow get a huge surge in popularity overnight and snatch the primary away from Romney?

It ain't gonna happen!

You guys can spin this off into as many tangents as you want with shrimp treadmills and Airforce One but the fact remains, Gingrich is obviously not going to win and he is knowingly and needlessly wasting taxpayer money. Another example of right-wing hot air blathering about government spending up until it comes to personal need. Then the mantra becomes: I got mine!

Zzzz.

Newt has all but acknowledged that it's over. The fat lady has already started the song.

On the other hand, if he sees any political advantage in proceeding as a nominal candidate with an eye on the Convention (steering the discussion about the platform, etc), then he is clearly allowed to proceed and it aint exactly an issue the Democratics have any valid say in.

But it is funny as hell to see liberals trying to one-up Republicans about stupid spending at the $40K/day level when they think nothing of exploding the deficit by over $5 TRILLION in less than 3 1/2 years.

Yeah. I'm buyin' your genuine expression of fiscal concern.

:lol::lol::lol:

man oh man..

It ain't gonna happen!

He qualified, thus, he must has Secret Service protection. He may be my least favorite of the remaining candidates, that does not alter the need to protect him.

and newt is?

well you are talking to someone who thought Cain was an Honest person nd was going to win.

Actually, I said neither.

So much for your credibility.

What I DID say about Cain was that I supported him. 999 give or take one of those 9's had some merit.

As for his alleged womanizing, what I DID say was that certain leftists were all too quick to presume guilt. It's a pattern with you left-nit-wits.

I'll change my avie for a week to one of your liking (and yes, I'll offer no explanation for it anywhere other than the first post in which I put it up to acknowledge that I have lost the bet) IF you can dredge up even one post where I said that I thought Cain was "going to" win.

I honestly recall saying NO such thing -- ever.

But if I happened to have crossed that line, then YOU get to play PICK my avie.

If you can't do it, however, then I get to pick YOUR avie for a week upon the same conditions.

Deal?

:D

Gingrich has been on a book tour from the beginning.

He never really wanted to be president.

Brilliant business strategy, however.

Mind reading aside, he qualified in many primaries, gets Secret Service protection.

Brilliant business strategy? He's 4.5 million in debt and bouncing checks to get on ballots and selling donor lists to raise cash.

Forum List

Back