Getting all kinds of calls from health ins companies

Penelope

Diamond Member
Jul 15, 2014
and they ask me if we are on Obamacare, they can't even ask it by the right name, the ACA.

since my husband is self insured.

They ask:
His height and weight:
Any meds he is on,
prior hospitalization in the last 5 years,
and health conditions,
does he smoke,
does he drink
Does he have health ins now.
Does he carry medical on his auto insurance, and does he have auto insurance.

Back to the days when you have to fill out long questionnaires, as I've had to do this forever. The GOP will never get my vote again, never. Then you get on a health ins plan and they raise it and you have no choice but to stay on it as you had kidney stones blasted a few years ago.

Finally someone did something about Health Ins and they have completely undone it. The sooner we get the GOP out of office the better.

Penelope, I did not know that you were a woman.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anyway. I don't like the idea of the federal government involved in the business of health insurance. My two cents.

If it is an ACA policy they're pushin
and they ask me if we are on Obamacare, they can't even ask it by the right name, the ACA.

They ask:
His height and weight:
Any meds he is on,
and health conditions,
does he smoke,
does he drink

Back to the days when you have to fill out long questionnaires, as I've had to do this forever. The GOP will never get my vote again, never. Then you get on a health ins plan and they raise it and you have no choice but to stay on it as you had kidney stones blasted a few years ago.

Finally someone did something about Health Ins and they have completely undone it. The sooner we get the GOP out of office the better.
\

It's not open enrollment but it sounds like it's one of those fly by night companies because those questions other than tobacco are not asked for an ACA plan. Did your husband put his name and telephone number online inquiring? You will always get hundreds of calls from agents selling indemnity plans or Freedom Life for US health markets that have so many complaints out of Texas BBB. Open enrollment doesn't begin until November 1 for ACA.

not once in my almost 70 years have i ever gotten a phone call or any visit from any health insurance company and i like it that way .

They ask:
His height and weight:
Any meds he is on,
and health conditions,
does he smoke,
does he drink

Essentially, unless you're part of the 1%, the super and mega rich, vote Democrat if you want to live.

Anyway. I don't like the idea of the federal government involved in the business of health insurance. My two cents.
So you think it's a good thing to have Big Business, who's interests lie in proving the LEAST amount of insurance funds they can to pay, involved in your personal health affairs?

Last edited:
If it is an ACA policy they're pushin

They ask:
His height and weight:
Any meds he is on,
and health conditions,
does he smoke,
does he drink

\

It's not open enrollment but it sounds like it's one of those fly by night companies because those questions other than tobacco are not asked for an ACA plan. Did your husband put his name and telephone number online inquiring? You will always get hundreds of calls from agents selling indemnity plans or Freedom Life for US health markets that have so many complaints out of Texas BBB. Open enrollment doesn't begin until November 1 for ACA.

No they ask if we have an Obamacare policy and if I say what is that ?? they say Obamacare, and so I say you mean the ACA and if I say yes, they hang up. If I say no he doesn't , they say they will call me back and then they ask all kinds of questions. They do not sell ins, but find a company you might be compatible with.

giving ANY info to ANYone over the phone that you don't know is about as smart as offering folks everything in your wallet

So you think having Big Business, who's interests lie in proving the LEAST of insurance funds they have to pay for, involved in your health affairs?

Only if the Democrats are involved. Trump care is non existent. Back to the days where employers control you.

nobody is calling me and asking about meds, height and weight------????
I think penny is being SURVEILLED

Nope that is what the do, first ask that to see if there is a wt problem. I have been dealing with health ins companies for many years.

Nope that is what the do, first ask that to see if there is a wt problem. I have been dealing with health ins companies for many years.

SHEEEESH----if someone on the TELEPHONE called me and asked "HOW MUCH DO YOU WEIGH" ??? I would slam the receiver down on his ear. I would not supply my shoe size.

So you think it's a good thing to have Big Business, who's interests lie in proving the LEAST amount of insurance funds they can to pay, involved in your personal health affairs?

You're right about big business, but you're right for the wrong reasons. The reason they are in the position they're in is because of government management in healthcare. This goes all the way back to Nixon.

We've been under government managed healthcare for the last 40 years, since Nixon. What has developed from that involvement is corporate medicine. Corporate medicine came as a consequence of government managed healthcare. These were the entities who were able to get all of that money which was mandated by the government and they became the lobbyists. All of the health insurance companies, health management companies, the drug companies. All of this as a consequence of government managed healthcare. And that's how they started running things. Having government involved in healthcare is what caused it in the first place. What we have going on with all of the corporate medicine comes as a consequence of government failure when they get involved in it. The corporate medicine that came as a consequence of the government's involvement in it is called corporatism. Corporatism, btw, is the polar opposite of free-markets.

Marc, gimme 7 minutes, man. Here's a former congressman, a doctor, and a three term presidential candidate, I busted my ass on his last two campaigns against the establishment, so, granted I'm biased to the problem and solution on it that's offered here.

He explains the issue of government managed healthcare and how it came to be that the corporate medicine became so powerful as a consequence, as well as dicusses the solution...

7 minutes, Marc.That's all I want from you. After that, if you can't agree with what was said, then, fine, you do you and I'll do me.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back