Is Planned Parenthood transparent?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Planned Parenthood chief says group is transparent on abortions. ‘The View’ co-host shuts her down.

Seems like they have been lying their arses off for some time now, so why believe them now?

Dr. Leana Wen, Planned Parenthood’s new president, appeared on “The View” Thursday and boasted of the organization’s transparency when it comes to abortions.

Wen, who is an ER doctor and the commissioner of health for the city of Baltimore, appeared on the show and discussed her passion and praise for the organization, which she said helped her as a young woman, and helped even her mother an entire generation before.

What was the exchange?
“I know that Planned Parenthood provides more abortions, the most abortions than any other health care provider in the United States,” co-host Sunny Hostin said to Wen. “And in fact, in, I think 2016, Planned Parenthood provided 328,348 abortions. … That’s more than, well, women exams, pap tests, HPV vaccinations.

“But Planned Parenthood, I don’t think, is transparent about that,” Hostin added. “Planned Parenthood says it’s only 3 percent of their services.”

To reinforce her point, Hostin pointed to 2015 report by The Washington Post, which revealed that though the organization reports that only 3 percent of their services are providing abortions, it’s at least four times that amount.

“Why isn’t Planned Parenthood more transparent about its true position?” Hostin pressed.

Wen evaded Hostin’s question and responded, “Well, I disagree with this. Planned Parenthood, just like every major medical organization that I’ve ever worked for, follows the law and is transparent. … Planned Parenthood is the largest provider of reproductive health care in this country. … Over 90 percent of the services performed are preventative care services.”

Hostin could see that Wen was deflecting and added, “But see, you’re separating it. It provides more abortions than any other. … Why not be transparent about that?”

“It seems to me that Planned Parenthood is trying to have it both ways … because there has been this issue of federal funding,” she continued.

Wen said that she wanted to clarify that position and said that the organization doesn’t directly receive federal funding for abortions, though the organization is reimbursed for medical services.

“There are no federal tax dollars that go toward abortions,” Wen stated. “Also, by the way, Planned Parenthood doesn’t get a check from the federal government; it’s not as if they get a check written every year about funding.”

I think they should change the name to Planned Unparenthood.

It's false advertising they way they have it now.

They are wiping out a lot of leftist genetic garbage though. I'll be George Soros and hitlery buy embryos and eat them. I can totally visualize them using parts as hors d'oeuvres at their globalist elitist sociopath parties.

Someone needs to create a dossier file based on that, get a FISA Court to investigate the entire DNC.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back