get Ready to Be sued

Discussion in 'Law and Justice System' started by Skull Pilot, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,111
    Landmark 2nd Circuit Ruling May Open Gates for Climate Cases - NYTimes.com

Hurricane Katrina Victims Have Standing To Sue Over Global Warming - Law Blog - WSJ

So all of you who drive a car, burn oil or natural gas to heat your homes etc can be named in a class action suit in the near future.

i wonder if these hypocrites that are wasting the court's time and our money with this stupid law suit are going to hold themselves culpable as well because after all, if they weren't buying the electricity the electric companies wouldn't be burning coal to produce it.

I propose we also name all the environmentalist wackos who are responsible for the complete halt to the growth of our nuclear electric generation capacity. If we had more electricity generated by fission then we would burn less coal.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. JD_2B

JD_2B Little Vixen

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +118
    It wouldn't make a difference- Nuclear waste has to be stored for thousands and thousands of years before it loses its toxicity. We don't have any way of doing this, feasibly, so what would end up happening is that people would simply get third-arms and tails and other such mutations, when the containers holding the waste finally disintegrated to enough of a point that the waste leaked out.

I am just happy that the oil companies are finally getting payback for all the crap they have been pulling with us and overseas as well, for the past 50 years or so..

Someone had to find an excuse to sue the bastards.

3. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,111
    Actually, you're wrong about nuclear waste

There Is No Such Thing as Nuclear Waste - WSJ.com

And you do realize that the oil companies will pass on any judgment against them to us don't you?

And if you weren't buying the oil and electricity that these so called evil companies produced then there would be no case.

So if you want to point the finger at the guilty party start with yourself.

4. RodISHI

RodISHI Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,051
    I'm going to be like so many people were as the bank, manufacturer, judges and out of control "have gun will travel" sheriff were to me. So what. Not my problem. I'm thinking horse and buggy anyhow since we are right in the middle of a bunch a Amish here. We have hay enough for at least two. We will be in style. A few solar panels and walla a bit of electric for the fridge.

5. Father Time

Father Time I'll be Still Alive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +438
    Probably because Yucca Mountain isn't up and running yet.

...Source?

I mean hell I don't remember 3rd arms or tails coming out of 3 mile island or Chernobyl or hell even radiation coming from Hiroshima.

6. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    no but they get cancer or about the fact that Handford here in Washington was nuclear weapons testing site for years, some say one of the most polluted sites in the country and we have one the highest MS rates per capita.

7. Neser Boha

Neser Boha upgrade your gray matter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    All you have to do is to type 'chernobyl victims' and 'hiroshima victims' into google images. Don't do this while you're eating, please. Then you'll see some horrible display of birth-defects and radiation-related illnesses. Also, you might need a while alone in a fetal position somewhere after seeing them ....

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  8. Skull Pilot

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,111
    Jesus, talk about scare tactics

Chernobyl was an accident that happened how many years ago?

It was also a type of reactor that is no longer in use.

Tell me how many nuclear accidents France has had in their 30 or so years of producing over 70% of their electricity via nuclear power? And do you realize that the entirety of the nuclear waste France has produced is stored under the floor of a single room in the Hague?

would you like to see a montage of every person horribly maimed and disfigured in car accidents over the last 30 years and would you use those images in making a determination of whether or not you drove a car?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. ncarolinadixie

ncarolinadixie dixie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +66
    Let me see if I've got this straight. First Katrina was Bush's fault because he didn't go down to NO and stand on the Levies and make the storm go away, then it was FEMA's fault, well, just because someone has to be to blame for the storm, now they're going after big Corps for contributing to Global Warming and causing the storm to get bigger as it traveled across sea water (which by the way is when ALL Hurricanes strengthen) and kicked their butts when she made landfall. So far none of the first mentioned worked out to well for them, so if suing these corporations doesn't work out for them, what's next? God? For allowing the storm to form in the first place?

Why do we STILL have so many people who want to place blame SOMEWHERE for what they went through during Hurricane Katrina? What makes the people of NO so much more special, or that they suffered more than people who went through any other big Hurricane? What about all those folks that lost everything during Ike? Why do you hear NOTHING about all of those folks who STILL have no homes, lost everything they had, lost loved ones (some have never been nor will they ever be, found) and are still struggling to rebuild?

I've lived on the coast of SC/NC pretty much all my life. Been through MANY major Hurricanes. Sat and watched ducks swimming around in my front yard a good 7 days after Floyd put huge chunks of NC under water. There are still people that were unable to rebuild completely after Floyd and that's been, hell, 10 years ago. There are farmers that were NEVER able to come back from the devastation and losses they suffered. You don't hear them whining and wanting to sue anyone. You have the people of the midwest that went through horrendous suffering after tornados and flooding yet you don't hear them wanting to sue somebody or something. Again, what the hell makes the people of NO so much more deserving than any of the other millions of people in this country that have lost so much during NATURAL DISASTERS?

Now, I know that I'm probably going to catch a lot of flack for these words and so be it. After having gone through so many Hurricanes in my life, Hazel, Fran, Bertha, Hugo, Floyd, Connie, Jeanne.......just to name a few I've learned that if they even HINT that a hurricane of cat 2 or better is going to make landfall anywhere close to where I live, I'M GETTING THE HELL OUTTA DODGE. So many say that the people of NO had NO WAY to leave. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Some will say they didn't have time. Again, not buying it. They had over a week. Some will say they didn't have the money or transportation or some other "pass the buck" reason. AGAIN, not buying it. Then of course you have the standard, "it's all Bush's fault" line that always causes me to laugh out loud. When I ask just what the hell he could have done to stop what happened I, of course, get NO answers. I do hear, "well he was playing golf when the storm hit". WHO CARES? What was he supposed to be doing? Standing on the levies with his arms in the air acting like the God so many liken him to and making the storm go in a different direction?

Here's a thought. Why not blame the Govt. of NO? Why not blame the people that said, "oh it can't be that bad, it's just a storm" and stayed in their BELOW SEA LEVEL homes while Katrina barreled down on top of them? Why are the people that were REALLY to blame not held accountable? I can with all confidence say this.....you can bet your sweet bippy that if another storm of that magnitude heads for NO people will be leaving in droves WAY ahead of the storm and won't be so quick to say "oh it can't be that bad, it's just a storm". They won't be waiting for their local govt. or the federal govt. to save them. They'll actually take responsibility for their own safety and get the hell out of their BELOW SEA LEVEL homes. Oh, and just to give those that will immediately jump in with some kind of insult for my suggesting the people of NO take responsibility for their own inactions, my final words on the matter are, "Being poor is no excuse for sitting on your ass until the last minute and then screaming to be saved. Being poor is no excuse for stupidity!"

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Neser Boha

Neser Boha upgrade your gray matter

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +434
    I was responding to Father Time's allegation that "I don't remember 3rd arms or tails coming out of 3 mile island or Chernobyl or hell even radiation coming from Hiroshima." By those pictures I simply proved to him that much worse things than "3rd arms or tails" happened thanks to the nuclear radiation.

I was not actually advocating anything...

... however, I did notice a lot of people have a curious problem with reality. That really did happen and it can happen again.