Get Ready for $5 Gasoline

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Here we go again. The increases have already started. I noticed it when I bought gas a few days ago. This can't be making the Obama reelection team happy.

Gasoline prices are headed for $5 a gallon in many locations in the United States this year, says John Hofmeister, founder of Citizens for Affordable Energy and the former CEO of Shell Oil’s U.S. operations.

Global demand will rise and pressure supply, while U.S. politicians aren't doing anything to ease prices at home such as allowing for significantly more drilling.

"What's really unprecedented is developing countries, particularly China and India, have this insatiable need for more oil and that has not been taken into account when we think of public policy in this country," Hofmeister tells CNBC.

"So while we may be producing a bit more oil in this country, and while demand is down a bit, on a global basis, I'm afraid we face a continuing onslaught of prices creeping ever higher," Hofmeister says. "I hope I’m wrong on this. I'd love to be wrong on this."

The Obama administration has allowed for more drilling to boost supply although red tape often prevents those projects from getting off the ground.

Furthermore, by halting expansion of the Keystone pipeline project from Canada into the United States, the Obama administration further missed an opportunity to increase energy supply, while natural gas production needs to increase as well.

"We have not had the kind of public policy support for domestic natural resource production increases that would carry through into market prices in the United States given the global demand and geopolitical uncertainty that comes out of the [Persian] Gulf daily," Hofmeister says.

Prices may start causing some pain well before summer, or even before Spring Break.

Former Shell CEO: Get Ready for $5 Gasoline

If the increases stay consistent with what they normally do from this time of year to peak season (about a dollar a gallon increase) we'll be looking at all-time highs. Not a good re-election scenario for anyone.

Well....Given that the unemployment numbers are dropping, the Republicans need a new issue to run against Obama

Drill, baby drill!

Sob.........If we only had a pipeline, none of this would be happening

Well....Given that the unemployment numbers are dropping, the Republicans need a new issue to run against Obama

Drill, baby drill!

:cuckoo:seriously, seek help.

LOL.....Really?

If unemployment drops below 8% you don't think Republicans will be railing about the price of gas?

For three years it has been jobs, jobs, jobs

Now that the jobs are starting to appear it will be.........gas, gas, gas

Here we go again. The increases have already started. I noticed it when I bought gas a few days ago. This can't be making the Obama reelection team happy.

Gasoline prices are headed for $5 a gallon in many locations in the United States this year, says John Hofmeister, founder of Citizens for Affordable Energy and the former CEO of Shell Oil’s U.S. operations.

Global demand will rise and pressure supply, while U.S. politicians aren't doing anything to ease prices at home such as allowing for significantly more drilling.

"What's really unprecedented is developing countries, particularly China and India, have this insatiable need for more oil and that has not been taken into account when we think of public policy in this country," Hofmeister tells CNBC.

"So while we may be producing a bit more oil in this country, and while demand is down a bit, on a global basis, I'm afraid we face a continuing onslaught of prices creeping ever higher," Hofmeister says. "I hope I’m wrong on this. I'd love to be wrong on this."

The Obama administration has allowed for more drilling to boost supply although red tape often prevents those projects from getting off the ground.

Furthermore, by halting expansion of the Keystone pipeline project from Canada into the United States, the Obama administration further missed an opportunity to increase energy supply, while natural gas production needs to increase as well.

"We have not had the kind of public policy support for domestic natural resource production increases that would carry through into market prices in the United States given the global demand and geopolitical uncertainty that comes out of the [Persian] Gulf daily," Hofmeister says.

Prices may start causing some pain well before summer, or even before Spring Break.

Former Shell CEO: Get Ready for $5 Gasoline

but we pay like 14 to 16 bucks already, so you say it will be 18 bucks now? ok.. thxs

Contributing to the rise in gas prices is that obama has been shutting down refineries. Good way to go presidebt.

LOL.....Really?

If unemployment drops below 8% you don't think Republicans will be railing about the price of gas?

Yes, they will, but Dems would have done the same thing if Obama were a Republican so...

Drill, baby drill!

LOL.....Really?

then you'll just get back and are getting back what bush had to hear in a 5% unemployment econo. ' the jobs picture lags, it sux people aren't making enough' yada yada yada .

can you just stop whining over the same shit you pulled and suck it up like a man...FFS..:rolleyes:

the left-

6% unemployment? the fucking sky is falling

9%? stfu......

Drill, baby drill!

Or maybe Obama is in the pocket of big oil, like Bush was when the cost of gass was high... RW, you're suck a fuckin idiot.

Contributing to the rise in gas prices is that obama has been shutting down refineries. Good way to go presidebt.

I imagine you have data to support that

Breaking: Obama shuts down 33% of the country's oil refining capacity - Phoenix Conservative | Examiner.com

“EPA overturns 16-year-old Texas permit program

By RAMIT PLUSHNICK-MASTI, Associated Press Writer Ramit Plushnick-masti, Associated Press Writer Wed Jun 30, 5:35 pm ET

HOUSTON – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Wednesday officially overturned a 16-year-old Texas air permitting program it says violates the Clean Air Act, leaving some of the country's largest refineries in a state of limbo.The move comes after years of backdoor bickering, negotiations and public arguments between the EPA and Texas. The argument recently escalated from a battle over environmental issues into a heated political dispute over states' rights.

Drill, baby drill!

LOL.....Really?

If UE goes under 8% it will be because they stopped counting 5+ million people that have no job. It's amazing how UE can go down when in a month we create 80k jobs when you at least need 250k new jobs to keep up with population growth.

It's amazing how the UE rate goes down .2% when only 270k jobs are created... Oh, that's because 1.1 million were counted as a *shadow* job created when they were no longer counted... Funny how that works.

Obama has to be pleased with this news, it's part of his plan. Of course he's ok with $5/gal. . . .pffft he wants $7/gal, like Europe. As long as that increase is gradual. :eusa_shhh:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4Tmi_fpUHs&feature=related]Obama Supports High Gas Prices If They're Gradually Hiked - YouTube[/ame]

“Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe,” said Steven Chu — the man Barack Obama would ultimately tap to be energy secretary — in September 2008. He was explaining to The Wall Street Journal that higher energy prices are the centerpiece of the Left’s energy overhaul.

“Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket." Barack Obama, 2008

Barack Obamas Seven Dollar a Gallon Gas Ambitions

I imagine you have data to support that

Breaking: Obama shuts down 33% of the country's oil refining capacity - Phoenix Conservative | Examiner.com

“EPA overturns 16-year-old Texas permit program

By RAMIT PLUSHNICK-MASTI, Associated Press Writer Ramit Plushnick-masti, Associated Press Writer Wed Jun 30, 5:35 pm ET

HOUSTON – The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on Wednesday officially overturned a 16-year-old Texas air permitting program it says violates the Clean Air Act, leaving some of the country's largest refineries in a state of limbo.The move comes after years of backdoor bickering, negotiations and public arguments between the EPA and Texas. The argument recently escalated from a battle over environmental issues into a heated political dispute over states' rights.

Seriously.....that's your source?
And you complain when people use Huffington Post?

Here is your evidence..
. it has just been learned from one of our conatcts in Texas that Obama by way of the EPA has just shut down today 33% of the country’s refining capacity

Forum List

Back