Get a smart thermostat they said

Manonthestreet

Diamond Member
May 20, 2014
The better to save the planet. ...errrrr control you

As Instapundit (a.k.a. the puppy blender) said once, "Good and Hard"

This is why you have to read the fine print when you agree to things. They all agreed to this, it is a voluntary program and they save money due to using it.

big brother is watching
climatechangecultsdsdfskfhskjhskjfhf.jpg

demsrnaziposfdfgggh.jpg

I haven't done the smart thermastat but to get the tax credits, they limit the AC to 68. Now I have considered replacing it now that the tax credit came and went, but have not really had a need to have the AC at 68. I have gotten used to 70. Used to keep it at 65 before the new system. My dog used to greet me at the door yelping "WTF were you doing leaving me here in the freezer" before dashing out into the sun.

Thread derail
Do women like it to be warm and men like it to be cool, or is that a myth?

It is the way it is in my household. My wife has to take a blanket on car trips as I keep the car too cold for her.

Though our son is more like her when it comes to cold, he complains also when I have it too cold

I wonder how many people will drop out of the program now? News report said it was the first time in 6 years since the program started this has happened.

I wonder how many people will drop out of the program now? News report said it was the first time in 6 years since the program started this has happened.
All you have to do is remove the antenna from the control unit. Then you have a free programmable thermostat that the electric company cannot remotely control.

Well... 22,000 Colorado Xcel customers have no one to blame but their own damn selves. The only thing dumber that bringing these "smart" devices into your home is willingly signing up to let someone else control them.

It's bad enough I have one of these damn phones, but doorbells, thermostats, light bulbs, Alexa type shit... fuck that.

Forum List

Back