Georgia Cop says. "Don't worry, we only shoot black people."

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
The cop is suspended while they "investigate" the video that was released on the news. Let me start with the link. Georgia cop to driver: "We only kill black people" - Hot Air

OK, let's get started with the opinion. Perhaps the cop thought he was making a joke to calm the woman down. Perhaps he thought he was de-escalating the situation. Perhaps he thought it was clever. In reality, he did none of those things. Do I think he actually meant it? No, I don't.

However the rub here is that the cop is now an internet trend, and is liable to become a national news story. All because of a stupid joke. But here is the worst part. The cop, a veteran officer, may be involved in a shooting sometime in the future. It could happen at any time. But his actions are going to get even more scrutiny and an even larger payout if the individual shot is black because of that stupid assed joke.

Remember Mark Fuhrman of the OJ Trial? His testimony was utterly discredited because he had made 13 hours of interviews about how things really were in the LAPD.

Fuhrman tapes - Wikipedia

Later, it was claimed that he was playing the part that the interviewer wanted for the screenplay she was working on, but that did not fly.

This recording means that if this cop ever is involed in a shooting, and even if it is completely justified, it will be questionable because of his dumb comment. "We only shoot black people."

Especially when nearly half the people shot by police in Georgia are unarmed, or shot in the back. IMO that woman had every reason to be nervous, and afraid, because anything she does can be an excuse to shoot for police.

Forum List

Back