Georgia and Colorado Try Modern Slavery

About damn they started earning their keep what's taken so long this is an excellent idea!

Ah..so now the state has a right to both incarerate and force into slavery a human being?

How fucking conservative.

Next you'll be telling me the warden has the right to fuck the guy's wife or girlfriend when she visits.

Prove that these inmates are forced to work.

I guess you didn't read the articles, huh?

Because of draconian immigration laws passed in these states, both states are trying to use prisoners as farm workers. I'm not sure if that's legal. It seems like a modern day attempt at slavery to me. Forcing a man to work for another man, even if he doesn't want to. Farmworkers are fleeing both states and Americans are not stepping up to take the jobs. So, I guess the illegal immigrant advocates were right in that farmjobs are jobs that Americans won't take.

Consider this.. When a felon goes to prison he is forcing We the People to Work to support him whether we want to or knot. Now who do you think is the slave?

Actually, he isn't. The state chooses to send someone to prison. Any hardshp on the taxpayer is being forced by the state, not the prisoner.

Because of draconian immigration laws passed in these states, both states are trying to use prisoners as farm workers. I'm not sure if that's legal. It seems like a modern day attempt at slavery to me. Forcing a man to work for another man, even if he doesn't want to. Farmworkers are fleeing both states and Americans are not stepping up to take the jobs. So, I guess the illegal immigrant advocates were right in that farmjobs are jobs that Americans won't take.

So you are in the group of people who think people who steal and hurt others should be provided room and board and three meals a day by the tax payers and contribute nothing to society?

I disagree. Especially for those who steal. They should be taught to work.

Making prisoners work is hard a novel concept and it's not slavery in the least.

But then I know how much you are against making people work for others against their will. After all, you wouldnt think of taking another persons money and labor in the form of taxes and giving them to others, would you?

Consider this.. When a felon goes to prison he is forcing We the People to Work to support him whether we want to or knot. Now who do you think is the slave?

Actually, he isn't. The state chooses to send someone to prison. Any hardshp on the taxpayer is being forced by the state, not the prisoner.

You prefer serial rapists remain on the street?

Going to prison is completely voluntary. If you don't want to, don't break the law.

Simple, huh?

I guess you haven't noticed the number of people being freed because they were not guilty.

Is that the norm?

I'd say it is more the norm than we think. If DNA is showing us how many innocent people are behind bars for rape and murder because of bad eye witness testimony and shoddy police work. I can only imagine how many have been wrongly convicted for property crimes for the same two reasons, faulty eye witness testimony and shoddy police work.

Going to prison is completely voluntary. If you don't want to, don't break the law.

Simple, huh?

I guess you haven't noticed the number of people being freed because they were not guilty.

straw_man.jpg

Didn't say that. That's the things I love about conservatives, they can't entertain two thoughts at once.

So you feel the prisoner should be free to murder your family at will and the state should take no action? Gotcha! You izz good..

Didn't say that. That's the things I love about conservatives, they can't entertain two thoughts at once.

actually we can. you have but two choices, punish felons with prison and support them or leave them free to do their crimes.. what do you want?

So you are in the group of people who think people who steal and hurt others should be provided room and board and three meals a day by the tax payers and contribute nothing to society?

Making prisoners work is hard a novel concept and it's not slavery in the least.

But then I know how much you are against making people work for others against their will. After all, you wouldnt think of taking another persons money and labor in the form of taxes and giving them to others, would you?

As usual, you have missed the entire point. Conservatives, God's gotta luv em.

Fine, sit in your cell and rot without any privileges whatsoever, not a fuckin' one.

Besides, most, or at least enough, would jump at the chance to get out and work.

As usual, you have missed the entire point. Conservatives, God's gotta luv em.

why can't you answer the question? It's simple. why is it okay for the taxpayer to support a prisoner but it's not okay to ask the prisoner to work for his room and board?

Prisoners get paid to work.

and if they are not getting money, they are getting;
a room, bed, 3 meals a day, snacks, tv, games, books, weights, basketball, etc, etc. At cost to the rest of us.

Ohhh... getting prisoners to work and provide something rather than just being a drain on society and sitting in a cell... how HORRIBLE :rolleyes:

IMHO.. have more of them picking up trash on highways under armed guard... shovel coal... make mulch.. or whatever else

The states should hire them out to pay for their incarceration I don't see a problem with that.

exactly
states take prisoners from different counties and get funding for it so why not make them earn their keep and ACTUALLY pay society for their mistakes. At the same time getting a working experience instead of plotting and scheming their next quick buck! All the while saving the taxpayers some $$$

Damn good idea! Save the state some money make them cut grass,clear trees,clear roads do road work everything and more! Let them learn a skill and just maybe they won't be out robbing and hurting others upon their release!

Do you have an alternative to locking up criminals?

The best one is work, which you are objecting too.

So what is your solution? Can you actually provide one or are you only capable of insulting people who point out flaws in your reasoning?

Last edited:

Now what that was right there.....that was just plain old stoopid.

View attachment 13688

Forum List

Back