Georgia and Colorado Try Modern Slavery

Because of draconian immigration laws passed in these states, both states are trying to use prisoners as farm workers. I'm not sure if that's legal. It seems like a modern day attempt at slavery to me. Forcing a man to work for another man, even if he doesn't want to. Farmworkers are fleeing both states and Americans are not stepping up to take the jobs. So, I guess the illegal immigrant advocates were right in that farmjobs are jobs that Americans won't take.

So you are in the group of people who think people who steal and hurt others should be provided room and board and three meals a day by the tax payers and contribute nothing to society?

I disagree. Especially for those who steal. They should be taught to work.

Making prisoners work is hard a novel concept and it's not slavery in the least.

But then I know how much you are against making people work for others against their will. After all, you wouldnt think of taking another persons money and labor in the form of taxes and giving them to others, would you?

As usual, you have missed the entire point. Conservatives, God's gotta luv em.

So your point isn't that prisoners shouldnt be put to work because it's slavery?

Damn good idea! Save the state some money make them cut grass,clear trees,clear roads do road work everything and more! Let them learn a skill and just maybe they won't be out robbing and hurting others upon their release!

Of course you'd like it. Nazis did the very same thing.

Going to prison is completely voluntary. If you don't want to, don't break the law.

Simple, huh?

Maybe. Maybe not.

Pa. judges accused of jailing kids for cash - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. — For years, the juvenile court system in Wilkes-Barre operated like a conveyor belt: Youngsters were brought before judges without a lawyer, given hearings that lasted only a minute or two, and then sent off to juvenile prison for months for minor offenses.

The explanation, prosecutors say, was corruption on the bench.

In one of the most shocking cases of courtroom graft on record, two Pennsylvania judges have been charged with taking millions of dollars in kickbacks to send teenagers to two privately run youth detention centers.
Yeah. How often does that happen?

Going to prison is completely voluntary. If you don't want to, don't break the law.

Simple, huh?

I guess you haven't noticed the number of people being freed because they were not guilty.
And it's so rare, it makes the news.

You both can try to pretend otherwise, but the vast majority of convicts are in prison because they knowingly and purposefully broke the law.

Why is this even an argument. I have always assumed that non-violent offenders picked up garbage and cut brush and violent offenders who can behave get to work also. I have had several family members in prison and they all tell me that if you get the chance to work or bail hay or anything you take it. Better than setting on your but all day.

Ah..so now the state has a right to both incarerate and force into slavery a human being?

How fucking conservative.

Next you'll be telling me the warden has the right to fuck the guy's wife or girlfriend when she visits.

Prove that these inmates are forced to work.

I guess you didn't read the articles, huh?

From one article:

The prison program is voluntary, and inmates will receive 60 cents a day for their labor.

The other article says nothing at all about forcing inmates to work.

So again, prove these inmates would be forced to work.

Damn good idea! Save the state some money make them cut grass,clear trees,clear roads do road work everything and more! Let them learn a skill and just maybe they won't be out robbing and hurting others upon their release!

You're seriously trying to say that having criminals work and learn skills so that when they are released they have skills to rely on is a Nazi tactic? Seriously?

No, nazis took jews and worked them of killed them.

this isn't even close to the same.

I hope California Girl finds out you used the word Nazi.

Why is this even an argument. I have always assumed that non-violent offenders picked up garbage and cut brush and violent offenders who can behave get to work also. I have had several family members in prison and they all tell me that if you get the chance to work or bail hay or anything you take it. Better than setting on your but all day.

But if people learn how to work, they wont end up relying on government for their support when they are released.

Prove that these inmates are forced to work.

From one article:

The prison program is voluntary, and inmates will receive 60 cents a day for their labor.

We force criminals to work all the time. What do you think they are doing when they are sentenced to community service if not work?

It's not slavery because those who commit crimes owe society. They are paying their debt.

Nazis post on the internet, too.

Guess that makes you a Nazi, huh?

From one article:

We force criminals to work all the time. What do you think they are doing when they are sentenced to community service if not work?

It's not slavery because those who commit crimes owe society. They are paying their debt.

Exactly. Which why the problem with Farm Labor? Because it's hard? :lol:

From one article:

You can refuse community service.

If you say so. I like it because it gives them something better to do than rob and and kill others upon their release,if they are forced to learn a damn skill. Being a National Libertarian has nothing to do with why I think its a good idea but believe what you will I have seen your posts you attack anyone who refuses to think like you.

You're seriously trying to say that having criminals work and learn skills so that when they are released they have skills to rely on is a Nazi tactic? Seriously?

Would you expect anything less from Shallow?

Because of draconian immigration laws passed in these states, both states are trying to use prisoners as farm workers. I'm not sure if that's legal. It seems like a modern day attempt at slavery to me. Forcing a man to work for another man, even if he doesn't want to. Farmworkers are fleeing both states and Americans are not stepping up to take the jobs. So, I guess the illegal immigrant advocates were right in that farmjobs are jobs that Americans won't take.
What part of 'HARD LABOR' as part of a prison Sentence to repay a debt to society don't you understand?

Forum List

Back