George Zimmerman Stoned Trayvon Martin...

I think that this preacher was extreme in his characteristration of Trayvon and his parents. However, IMHO the preacher is no more extreme than those who seeming believe that Travon was right in attacking GZ or those that concoct a story of the evil GZ hunting down Travon and murdering him. It would be refreshing if Trayvon's parents would admit that Travon was wrong to attack and put a beat down on GZ. Also, if Trayvon was a "child", his parents should have grounded his ass for being suspended from school.

i dont think he was extreme bob

he laid it out there on the environment Trayvon grew up in

and the path this young man had taken

I wonder if Trayvon's parents have a history of enabling his bad behavior by shifting the responsibility from Trayvon to others (like Zimmerman)?

Not really. If he had of done just that with a balanced view of GZ's past then I would have no issue with what he said. That was an all out attack on the Martin family with some uplifting commentary on GZ's family thrown in I just watched it again and I think I know why he did it. He is afraid of making white people mad. Some people are cowards like that. A real unbiased person would state both sides of the equation. That was fear speaking.

So this is Troy's new sock? Your posts are a dead ringer for him. What's with the milkweed screenname? :eusa_eh:

I think that this preacher was extreme in his characteristration of Trayvon and his parents. However, IMHO the preacher is no more extreme than those who seeming believe that Travon was right in attacking GZ or those that concoct a story of the evil GZ hunting down Travon and murdering him. It would be refreshing if Trayvon's parents would admit that Travon was wrong to attack and put a beat down on GZ. Also, if Trayvon was a "child", his parents should have grounded his ass for being suspended from school.

i dont think he was extreme bob

he laid it out there on the environment Trayvon grew up in

and the path this young man had taken

I wonder if Trayvon's parents have a history of enabling his bad behavior by shifting the responsibility from Trayvon to others (like Zimmerman)?

they shifted Trayvon back and forth the past couple of years

had little time for him with little or no supervision

the family unit was completely broken or non existent

his situation at school was no better

he "qualified" for a diversion program

where there was no consequences for his illegal behavior

actually the Zimmerman case has sparked an internal investigation

into the Miami-Dade school police program

No I am saying that instead of painting her son as a thug she did what most mothers would do and talk about his good side. The fact that he was in trouble is besides the point. I keep saying if you are going to use a minors short history of problems wrapped in a religious rant to discredit him and his family why did he not do the same for GZ? As a matter of fact he actually uplifted GZ and his family.

No I am saying that instead of painting her son as a thug she did what most mothers would do and talk about his good side.

of course the point the preacher was making is that she has taken it a few steps further

The fact that he was in trouble is besides the point.

no it is the point he is making

that if this goes to a civil trial

all of those things will come out

Not really. If he had of done just that with a balanced view of GZ's past then I would have no issue with what he said. That was an all out attack on the Martin family with some uplifting commentary on GZ's family thrown in I just watched it again and I think I know why he did it. He is afraid of making white people mad. Some people are cowards like that. A real unbiased person would state both sides of the equation. That was fear speaking.

like i said before i do not care about zimmerman on this thread

and yes really that is what is exactly going to happen

if the case goes to a civil trial

He was not a child. He was a minor. A child is under 14 years of age. (Like the pics they constantly show of him at 12.)

Last edited:
I keep hearing the same two stories.
1. The "Martinists" say that he was murdered without cause. That he was a sweet child.

2. The ones who actually watched the trial and heard the evidence and listened to the verdict. He was acquitted. Found not guilty of any crime.

Well he wasn't murdered - he was shot while in the middle of committing a felonious assault on the man who shot him - it was self defense.
Martin's mother had sent him to his dad's because he had been kicked out of school and been in trouble. He had been in fights recently winning two of three but wanted to fight again because his opponent had not bled enough. This was a grown 17 year old, not a child. He just picked the wrong fight this time. If it had not been this time it would most probably happened in the future. He was into drugs and looking for a gun. This was not an innocent child. This was a thug. It is against the law for him to buy, own or control any gun but especially a handgun. He was actively looking for a gun to use. What was he going to use it for? He was too young to shoot at a range - especially without adult supervision - too young to get a membership - so what was he going to do with a gun?
The death of a human never brings joy but it probably saved at least one life because he died before he got and used a gun.

Zimmerman is not at fault here - the jury decided that Trayvon Martin was the one at fault.

Deal with it.

Not one of the things Trayvon is accused of is a capital crime.

Not one of those things is germane to the sequence of events that night.

Nothing changes the facts that Trayvon tried to get away from gz and gz chased him, stalked him and shot him.

Nothing changes the fact that the evidence showed that what gz said happened was not true.

Trayvon was the one who was followed, stalked, attacked. Trayvon should have had the right to defend himself from the man who literally came out of the dark to pursue him.

gz was the one who planned to shoot someone. That was proven by the fact that he carried a gun. Guns have one possible use - killing. Anyone who carries a gun is stating, very plainly, that they are ready and willing and hoping for the opportunity to use it.

gz got away with the murder of a teenager who was 16 years and 21 days old.

Those who don't like the use of the word "child" might want to review the differences in the brain development of healthy teenagers. Simply put, children do foolish things because they lack the ability NOT to. Look it up.

And that brings me back to my first statement - Trayvon did nothing to deserve being stalked and shot. Nothing in his past was a capital crime. Those who say we should not judge gz by his numerous run-ins with the law should give the same consideration to the child he gunned down.

I keep hearing the same two stories.
1. The "Martinists" say that he was murdered without cause. That he was a sweet child.

2. The ones who actually watched the trial and heard the evidence and listened to the verdict. He was acquitted. Found not guilty of any crime.

Well he wasn't murdered - he was shot while in the middle of committing a felonious assault on the man who shot him - it was self defense.
Martin's mother had sent him to his dad's because he had been kicked out of school and been in trouble. He had been in fights recently winning two of three but wanted to fight again because his opponent had not bled enough. This was a grown 17 year old, not a child. He just picked the wrong fight this time. If it had not been this time it would most probably happened in the future. He was into drugs and looking for a gun. This was not an innocent child. This was a thug. It is against the law for him to buy, own or control any gun but especially a handgun. He was actively looking for a gun to use. What was he going to use it for? He was too young to shoot at a range - especially without adult supervision - too young to get a membership - so what was he going to do with a gun?
The death of a human never brings joy but it probably saved at least one life because he died before he got and used a gun.

Zimmerman is not at fault here - the jury decided that Trayvon Martin was the one at fault.

Deal with it.

"sweet child", sent to dad's" and all the rest - None of that has anything to do with the crime. I have no idea why some people are saying that it does but that gz's past should not be considered.

Especially since it was gz who followed and chased and stalked and attacked a person who, by gz's account was doing nothing UNTIL gz engaged him.

And, especially since gz's past showed violence in general and violence toward blacks.

He was not a child. He was a minor. A child is under 14 years of age. (Like the pics the show of him at 12.)

There is no universal definition of the word child. A teacher in high school considers the 17 year old in class to be a child. On the other hand, 17 is old enough to drop out of school in my state. If a 17 year old is arrested for a crime, he is considered old enough to be locked up with the adults and tried as an adult.

LOL. Horses on a merry go 'round.

images

The same ones keep coming back around.

He was not a child. He was a minor. A child is under 14 years of age. (Like the pics the show of him at 12.)

There is no universal definition of the word child. A teacher in high school considers the 17 year old in class to be a child. On the other hand, 17 is old enough to drop out of school in my state. If a 17 year old is arrested for a crime, he is considered old enough to be locked up with the adults and tried as an adult.

Here is the legal definition of a child:

child n. 1) a person's natural offspring. 2) a person 14 years and under. A "child" should be distinguished from a "minor" who is anyone under 18 in almost all states.

child legal definition of child. child synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Nothing changes the facts that Trayvon tried to get away from gz and gz chased him, stalked him and shot him.

Nothing changes the fact that the evidence showed that what gz said happened was not true.

Trayvon was the one who was followed, stalked, attacked. Trayvon should have had the right to defend himself from the man who literally came out of the dark to pursue him.

gz was the one who planned to shoot someone. That was proven by the fact that he carried a gun. Guns have one possible use - killing. Anyone who carries a gun is stating, very plainly, that they are ready and willing and hoping for the opportunity to use it.

Those who don't like the use of the word "child" might want to review the differences in the brain development of healthy teenagers. Simply put, children do foolish things because they lack the ability NOT to. Look it up.

And that brings me back to my first statement - Trayvon did nothing to deserve being stalked and shot. Nothing in his past was a capital crime. Those who say we should not judge gz by his numerous run-ins with the law should give the same consideration to the child he gunned down.

You are good at making up facts. I can understand if you choose to not believe Zimmerman; however, if you are honest you would have to admit that you don't know what happened short of believing Zimmerman. Anything beyond that is a story you are making up not supported by any evidence.

You are good at making up facts. I can understand if you choose to not believe Zimmerman; however, if you are honest you would have to admit that you don't know what happened short of believing Zimmerman. Anything beyond that is a story you are making up not supported by any evidence.

Facts are not made up. Fantasies are made up. XXXXXXX CDZ - Civil Discourse.

Last edited by a moderator:
No I am saying that instead of painting her son as a thug she did what most mothers would do and talk about his good side. The fact that he was in trouble is besides the point. I keep saying if you are going to use a minors short history of problems wrapped in a religious rant to discredit him and his family why did he not do the same for GZ? As a matter of fact he actually uplifted GZ and his family.

No I am saying that instead of painting her son as a thug she did what most mothers would do and talk about his good side.

of course the point the preacher was making is that she has taken it a few steps further

The fact that he was in trouble is besides the point.

no it is the point he is making

that if this goes to a civil trial

all of those things will come out

Hey!

How you doing.

The verdict is Not Guilty.

Thought you might not have heard yet and I'd pass it on.

Last edited:

Here is the legal definition of a child:

child n. 1) a person's natural offspring. 2) a person 14 years and under. A "child" should be distinguished from a "minor" who is anyone under 18 in almost all states.

child legal definition of child. child synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

That is a legal definition of a child. Actually it is two definitions.
That being said, I think we are debating something that we are 99.9% in agreement on.

Great idea. I almost lost my mind and blew up another Fantasy Unicorn Land going nowhere Zimmerman thread.

I'm trying to kick that.

George Zimmerman Stoned Trayvon Martin: Deuteronomy 21 : 18 - 21 - YouTube

Well worth the 15 minutes it takes to watch and listen to this Harlem preacher tell his black congregation some things about Trayvon and his reason for being in Sanford instead of living with his mom and going to school in Miami.

Watch to the end and then comment.

It is a shame that Jesse and Al can't be as honest as this man seems to be.

Focusing back on the OP.......

Focusing back on the OP, IMHO that Trayvon's parents enabled his bad behavior if their denial of any responsibility of the TM/ZM event is any indication of how they treated his prior infractions.

"sweet child", sent to dad's" and all the rest - None of that has anything to do with the crime. I have no idea why some people are saying that it does but that gz's past should not be considered.

Especially since it was gz who followed and chased and stalked and attacked a person who, by gz's account was doing nothing UNTIL gz engaged him.

And, especially since gz's past showed violence in general and violence toward blacks.

No one has said that Martin's past has anything to do with the happenings on the night he was shot. It has nothing to do with the facts in the case - that is why it was not admitted as evidence. Zimmerman's past was introduced as evidence and it was to show a reference to character. The latest event that was brought up was years old and had no criminal nature. Zimmerman's violence towards blacks was in mentoring and tutoring black children, fighting city hall to bring charges against a policeman's son for beating a homeless black man, and being well liked by members of all races in the mixed race community. Yep! that is how racists behave all right.
It was shown by evidence that Zimmerman did not chase Martin. As a matter of fact it was shown that Martin had gotten away from Zimmerman as he was trying to follow him and Zimmerman had no idea of where he went. The phone records showed that he told his girlfriend that he was "at his house" interpreted to be his dad's place. Then two minutes later he was confronting Zimmerman back within 30 yards of where the police report started. Zimmerman was beaten, had his nose broken, and was on his back when he shot Martin. The evidence showed all that Zimmerman had a broken nose - set by the EMT at the scene, two black eyes, bruises on the front and sides of his head and lacerations on the back of his head. Martin did not have a mark on him other than bruised knuckles consistent with having struck someone.

The finding of the court was that Martin was beating Zimmerman severely enough for him to feel his life or health was in danger. That places Martin in the act of committing a felony attack (felony assault and battery) on Zimmerman which justified the use of deadly force.

If carrying a legal concealed weapon makes a person a murderer then you better arrest me and about 3 million other folks who are licensed to carry concealed weapons. They are carried in case you need to defend yourself against an attack like the one that Martin did to Zimmerman. They are worn to prevent or stop crime. Guns are used by citizens to prevent or stop crime between 1.5 million and 3 million times a year - that according the the research done by the CDC on order by Obama earlier this year. That is 8,219 times a day! Self defense is alive and well in this country. That is close to the number of murders in a year - 8,219 people stopping criminals each day. I wonder why that isn't listed in the paper.......... OH! I know it wouldn't make sense to try to keep guns out of the hands of citizens when they are doing such a good job protecting themselves.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back