George W. Bush Focuses On Quiet Service After Presidency

It was no strain to quote Bush's own words on the subject.

No dopey. The strain was to take note of his modesty and try to convert it into your ridiculous "basis" for being critical of him.

You are transparent, you hack.

Hey, I didn't even get to the part where I speculate that with Bush's Secret Service detail in tow, the whole Bush magical mystery tour probably cost more than whatever his contribution was worth. Now, if he didn't shun the media spotlight, perhaps he could actually draw enough attention to his charitable <cough> work to actually make a REAL difference instead of just footing the taxpayer with a bigger bill.

What you are drowns out the shit you're attempting to say, hack boi.

I think any kind of public service is admirable.

I do too but how much "public service" is enough to wash all that blood off his hands?

If you're rw, not much apparently. But then, they also idolize Reagan and he was almost as bad as the Bushes.

Its just plain idiotic the way rw's accuse Obama of "bowing down" when what he really did was abide by diplomatic custom. OTOH, the same idiots will defend King Bush the Younger hand holding and tongue kissing Arab sheiks. Just as they pretend they don't know the true relationship between the Bushes and the Arabs. But, as we all know, they get their "news" from a tv station whose programming is controlled by a MUSLIM ARAB.

There is nothing the rw won't turn a blind eye to if it fits their viciously anti-American agenda.

he did seem to be loved in Africa

then let him stay there

just like Carter, no humanitarian outreach can ever even out the damage done through his incompetent Presidency

lets Bin Laden hang out in a compound while kissing Musharraf's ass in Pakistan...even the inept fool in the WH now was able to handle this better

Medicare Part D socialized medicine bill, No Child bullcrap, massive deficits...GOP loses all credibility when they talk about how great limited gov't is, but then defend someone who expanded it more rapidly than his Democrat predecessor

I see no one defending his presidency. I do see many commending him for his service post presidency.

I'll defend most of his presidency and his integrity. He kept this country together during our darkest hours. Not since the Revolutionary war have we seen the patriotism we witnessed then. He never once judged one sector of this society from another brought brought all Americans together.

Bush should be focusing on his defense while on trial at The Hague.

Have they indicted Obama for all of the innocent men, women and children his drone strikes have killed? just askin'.

Another example of idiotic rw agenda.

jeeeeez ... you people are just plain dense.

You were thrilled when Bush's Brain (Rove) arranged for the killing and maiming of hundreds of thousands of people and generations of debt, for no reason at all but you object when President Obama takes out our REAL enemies with almost no collateral damage, American deaths and relatively little expense.

then let him stay there

just like Carter, no humanitarian outreach can ever even out the damage done through his incompetent Presidency

lets Bin Laden hang out in a compound while kissing Musharraf's ass in Pakistan...even the inept fool in the WH now was able to handle this better

Medicare Part D socialized medicine bill, No Child bullcrap, massive deficits...GOP loses all credibility when they talk about how great limited gov't is, but then defend someone who expanded it more rapidly than his Democrat predecessor

I see no one defending his presidency. I do see many commending him for his service post presidency.

I'll defend most of his presidency and his integrity. He kept this country together during our darkest hours. Not since the Revolutionary war have we seen the patriotism we witnessed then. He never once judged one sector of this society from another brought brought all Americans together.

Silliest thing I've ever read.

No dopey. The strain was to take note of his modesty and try to convert it into your ridiculous "basis" for being critical of him.

You are transparent, you hack.

Hey, I didn't even get to the part where I speculate that with Bush's Secret Service detail in tow, the whole Bush magical mystery tour probably cost more than whatever his contribution was worth. Now, if he didn't shun the media spotlight, perhaps he could actually draw enough attention to his charitable <cough> work to actually make a REAL difference instead of just footing the taxpayer with a bigger bill.

What you are drowns out the shit you're attempting to say, hack boi.

Or how about the fact that Bush seems to be running around the world looking for people to like him because here back at home, he's pretty much still held responsible for the mess this country is in.

Yeah, let him go around the world looking for hugs. Just don't let the media catch a glimpse of it because it might actually help the cause in question a little bit. But then again, it's not about the cause, is it?

So, I imagine Bush will manage to be back to the good ol' USA so he can go to a few baseball games in the fall and squeeze in a little bike ridin' with some wounded warriors. No doubt he makes it a point of beating them down the slope since Bush's wounds aren't any more physical then his years of excessive drinking and snorting have caused. After all, a deviated septum from a pretzel accident wouldn't hurt him on the slopes. And a nasal septal perforation from all that coke might actually help Bush on those down hill runs while he's suckin' wind. That would stand in contrast to the former soldiers and marines who are struggling with prosthetic devices.

Silliest thing I've ever read.

Obviously you've never proofread your own.

Have they indicted Obama for all of the innocent men, women and children his drone strikes have killed? just askin'.

You were thrilled when Bush's Brain (Rove) arranged for the killing and maiming of hundreds of thousands of people and generations of debt, for no reason at all but you object when President Obama takes out our REAL enemies with almost no collateral damage, American deaths and relatively little expense.

You seem to have things twisted up a tad bit. Let us go with your premise that the RW was "thrilled" that we removed a despot and his sons from power. Using your premise then ordering the killing of Bosnian Serbs certainly wouldn't bother the RW either. Or the killing of people without due process all on the CIA's say so with predator missiles. What is being done though is pointing out the hypocrisy of the liberal left. Bush went to congress and left and right gave him authorization for force in Iraq. The Clinton's never once questioned Bush in saying there were WMD in Iraq why would they Saddam had used them against this own people. He also threatened American interests in the ME. But Bosnia? What threat were they to the US? The left apparently hates Bush for doing, by the Constitution, what Clinton and Obama have done which, in my opinion, is unConstitutional.

Freewill's confused rewrite of history is worth grins and chuckles.

Nothing else.

Bush should spend every minute of every day of the rest of his worthless life begging forgiveness for causing the deaths of thousands of Americans and tens of thousands of Iraqis.
erl
how about the troops in afhgan? or ( aided by the remarkably quiet msm) collateral damage form drone strikes? should obama drop to his knees to you odoriferous hamper of hack? :lol:

I've got a joke for everyone. I made it up. So, if anyone doesn't like the punchline, you can be angry (only hydrophobia can make you mad) with me.

Which Disney movie (or Disney movie title) is most reminiscent of George W. Bush?

Well, if nobody is going to at least try to make a guess, I guess I'll have to just come out and give the answer to hopefully remove whatever suspense may have built up in anticipation of the answer.

The answer IS <drum roll, please>: "Son of Flubber"

Wasn't that worth the wait?

I think any kind of public service is admirable.

I do too but how much "public service" is enough to wash all that blood off his hands?

If you're rw, not much apparently. But then, they also idolize Reagan and he was almost as bad as the Bushes.

Its just plain idiotic the way rw's accuse Obama of "bowing down" when what he really did was abide by diplomatic custom. OTOH, the same idiots will defend King Bush the Younger hand holding and tongue kissing Arab sheiks. Just as they pretend they don't know the true relationship between the Bushes and the Arabs. But, as we all know, they get their "news" from a tv station whose programming is controlled by a MUSLIM ARAB.

There is nothing the rw won't turn a blind eye to if it fits their viciously anti-American agenda.

If you had ever left your mother's basement you would know the difference between diplomatic protocol and observing Arab customs.
I would follow the advice of Chris Young, President of the Protocol Diplomacy International / Protocol officers Association.

A US citizen when meeting a king or queen &#8211; in the United States or in the monarch&#8217;s country -- should simply offer nod of the head as a sign of respect and shake the hand of the monarch if it was offered. This contrasts with either a deep bow or curtsy which would be an appropriate sign of fealty from a subject.

Regarding the President. again I would quote of Chris Young, when he says both are &#8220;equals on the world stage. Both are heads of state &#8230;. the only order of precedence that exists between the two is usually an alphabetical one rather than one of rank.&#8221;[/B]

Since they are peers neither would bow to the other. So, the President of the United States would perhaps offer nod of the head as a sign of respect and shake hands.

I didn't care for his politics but he did seem to be loved in Africa, kind of ironic when you consider the President we have today. I don't know how much Bush had to do with it but his tax cuts seemed to have helped the economy recover from the .com crash, the Y2K wind down and 9/11. I bet a lot of folks forget that all happened at the start of Bush's presidency. What he didn't do is make that recession into longest and weakest in history.

LUSAKA — Former President George W. Bush has kept a relatively low profile in the United States since leaving office. But in Africa this week he is publicly promoting his institute's initiative to prevent and treat cervical cancer. While Bush is following a familiar post-presidential path in supporting humanitarian causes, he would prefer to focus on quiet service, to lead through example and hard work.

He worked alongside other volunteers in Kabwe - Zambia's second-largest city - to renovate a health clinic which specializes in the early detection and treatment of cervical cancer.

That's a very nice thing that he's doing.

I didn't care for his politics but he did seem to be loved in Africa, kind of ironic when you consider the President we have today. I don't know how much Bush had to do with it but his tax cuts seemed to have helped the economy recover from the .com crash, the Y2K wind down and 9/11. I bet a lot of folks forget that all happened at the start of Bush's presidency. What he didn't do is make that recession into longest and weakest in history.

LUSAKA — Former President George W. Bush has kept a relatively low profile in the United States since leaving office. But in Africa this week he is publicly promoting his institute's initiative to prevent and treat cervical cancer. While Bush is following a familiar post-presidential path in supporting humanitarian causes, he would prefer to focus on quiet service, to lead through example and hard work.

He worked alongside other volunteers in Kabwe - Zambia's second-largest city - to renovate a health clinic which specializes in the early detection and treatment of cervical cancer.

Bush has a quality called Class. Something the Obama's will never have.

Bush has a quality called Class. Something the Obama's will never have.

He sure as hell didn't seem very classy when he joked about WMDs at the correspondence dinner considering that he was the one who ordered men into battle for those nonexistent WMDs. Not classy by a LONG shot.

Forum List

Back