George Stroumboulopoulos joins Hockey Night in Canada

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
I really don't know what I think of this.......I like George, but I think a lot of people probably want see him get smoked..... :smoke: :D

anadians, get ready for Foster Hewitt-meets-Fugazi on Saturday night — Hockey Night in Canada is about to be Strombo-fied.

Rogers Communications has announced George Stroumboulopoulos will become the new host of Hockey Night in Canada next season when the company takes control of Canada's NHL broadcasting rights.

Stroumboulopoulos, the multiple Gemini award-winning talk show host of CBC's George Stroumboulopoulos Tonight, will join Hockey Night's Ron MacLean and Don Cherry, along with Sportsnet's Daren Millard and Jeff Marek as the "cornerstones" of the new hockey coverage, Rogers said in a release.

CBC partners with Rogers in landmark NHL rights deal

The hiring of the fast-talking, punk-rock-styled Stroumboulopoulos as the new face of Hockey Night is the first major personnel change made by Rogers after acquiring the NHL Canadian broadcasting rights in a blockbuster 12-year, $5.2-billion deal in November.

George Stroumboulopoulos to host Hockey Night in Canada next season - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News

Forum List

Back