George Carlin May Have Been Right: "It's Called The American Dream Cuz You Have To Be Asleep..

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
To Believe It."

I consider Carlin to be a genius. His take on the realities of America were so brilliant and thought-provoking. So which candidate out there do you feel would best address his concerns and assessments?

To Believe It."

I consider Carlin to be a genius. His take on the realities of America were so brilliant and thought-provoking. So which candidate out there do you feel would best address his concerns and assessments?

Is this some kind of trick question?

Who's that sound like? Jeb Bush? Hillary Clinton?

To Believe It."

Is this some kind of rhetorical question?

Just asking folks which candidate they feel can best addresss Carlin's assessments.

Well since the wealth hater argument wouldnt make sense here they have to try something new. Reminds me of that british actor who said "When I was broke and spoke about poverty they said I was a hater. When I got rich and spoke about Poverty they said I couldnt talk about it because I was rich. I think they just dont want to talk about poverty at all"

Well since the wealth hater argument wouldnt make sense here they have to try something new. Reminds me of that british actor who said "When I was broke and spoke about poverty they said I was a hater. When I got rich and spoke about Poverty they said I couldnt talk about it because I was rich. I think they just dont want to talk about poverty at all"

Pretty well sums it up. Many, especially in this country, just want the poor and less fortunate among us to be disappeared. They'd be very comfortable seeing them locked up in cages or just simply exterminated. It's a pretty frightening Nazi-like mentality.

Pretty well sums it up. Many, especially in this country, just want the poor and less fortunate among us to be disappeared. They'd be very comfortable seeing them locked up in cages or just simply exterminated. It's a pretty frightening Nazi-like mentality.

To Believe It."

Just asking folks which candidate they feel can best addresss Carlin's assessments.

Well let's see if we can figure it out.

"The Iraq war was a disaster. I said so at the time and I was right" --- Jeb Bush

"The American people are tired of Wall Street and the rich calling the shots -- enough is enough!" -- Donald T. Rump

"I am the only Democratic candidate on this stage who does not have a Super PAC" -- Hillary Clinton

Hmm... I dunno, I'm stumped.

To Believe It."

"The Iraq war was a disaster. I said so at the time and I was right" --- Jeb Bush

"The American people are tired of Wall Street and the rich calling the shots -- enough is enough!" -- Donald T. Rump

"I am the only Democratic candidate on this stage who does not have a Super PAC" -- Hillary Clinton

I have to take some more time on this one.

To Believe It."

I have to take some more time on this one.

Yeah, after this we can move on to who's buried in Grant's tomb.

"They want the people just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork, and just dumb enough to passively accept all these increasingly shittier jobs with the lower pay, the longer hours, the reduced benefits, the end of overtime, and the vanishing pension that disappears the moment you go to collect it. And now, they're coming for your Social Security money. They want your fuckin retirement money. They want it back, so they can give it to their criminal friends on Wall Street."

Nuff said. R.I.P. George Carlin.

LET not young souls be smothered out before
They do quaint deeds and fully flaunt their pride.
It is the world’s one crime its babes grow dull,
Its poor are ox-like, limp and leaden-eyed.
Not that they starve, but starve so dreamlessly, 5
Not that they sow, but that they seldom reap,
Not that they serve, but have no gods to serve,
Not that they die, but that they die like sheep.

Vachel Lindsay

A fitting commentary on how the more things change the more things stay the same

Forum List

Back