Genetic Test for Your Ancestry

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
these has been out for a while......and they just tell you which of the major ones you belong too

price would have to come down for me to care

I had it done on ancestry.c for $99

It was a waste of money. Not even close

Last edited:
Once it's down to $5 and available at Safeway, I MIGHT do it. I honestly don't know why people care so much. You are what you are not what your ancestors were.

I already know I am Irish

An Island invaded by or comprised of peoples of at least three distinctly different ethnics

Well that's a might big grouping and Germany really only existed for the last 150 years. That ar4ea was overrun and invaded many times in the last 3000 years.

Puerto Rican/Cuban.
Not genetic groups at all, but rather mixed genetic races

It's a pretty simple thing to find out.

Ask your folks.

NO idea how accurate these test are but you are mistaken to imagine that knowing where your Grandparents came from will necessarily tell you what you GENETIC being really is.

History is complex. Country names that exist today are basically meaningless when it comes to this issue.

You folks know what their cultures were, but culture and genetic identity can be very different things.

Last edited:
An interesting subject. Remember, you only get 1/2 from each parent, so some gets left out with each generation, and some gets re-enforced with a contribution for both sides.

By oral tradition I am mostly Scot, with some Prussian, Dutch, English, Irish, and African, with, perhaps, a little southern Native American. When they get these tests more accurate, I beleive I will see what my real genetic inheritance is.

An interesting subject. Remember, you only get 1/2 from each parent, so some gets left out with each generation, and some gets re-enforced with a contribution for both sides.

By oral tradition I am mostly Scot, with some Prussian, Dutch, English, Irish, and African, with, perhaps, a little southern Native American. When they get these tests more accurate, I beleive I will see what my real genetic inheritance is.

I found the oral tradition and official records to be much more reliable than DNA. If you are from Europe, you are a mutt. Anyone who tells you differently is a liar.

I don't need an expensive genetic test.
I can trace my family back to 1070, the family were French Jews that came over to England with Billy the basher to act as money lenders.
For the dim, uneducated and generally thick, Catholics at the time were considered sinful if they worked in the loan or banking trade, so they needed money grabbing bastard bankers to do it for them.
Jews seems like a natural choice and, as it happens, it created a really handy stereotype that persists to today.
I have the nose to prove it.

Irish, German, French, little of this, little of that. I traced back as far as I could. Dad's side...Austria and Ireland. Ma's side..England and France.

I did the DNA thing on Ancestry.com. I got so much stuff back on supposed matches that I just sort of quit looking - I couldn't see anything that would give me any clue as to where there might be a family connection. There's a lot of people on Ancestry on my mother's side of the family, but on my Dad's side there's no one it seems other than me doing any research and that's where my interest is. Folks up in Buffalo are very closed mouthed. Don't know if that's a Polish trait or what.

Let me state my interest in this - I have no idea who my birth parents were and have no way to locate them or any relatives because their names on my birth certificate are aliases.

All I want is an idea what my genetic heritage is.

Forum List

Back