Gene therapy turns off severe allergies in animals and could eventually cure humans of allergies and

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Gene therapy turns off severe allergies in animals and could eventually cure humans of allergies and asthma
brian wang | June 3, 2017 |
2cf128674b371529f957873da65e2d62-730x430.jpg

A single treatment giving life-long protection from severe allergies such as asthma could be made possible by immunology research at The University of Queensland.

A team led by Associate Professor Ray Steptoe at the UQ Diamantina Institute has been able to ‘turn-off’ the immune response which causes allergic reaction in animals.

“When someone has an allergy or asthma flare-up, the symptoms they experience results from immune cells reacting to protein in the allergen,” Professor Steptoe said.

Gene therapy turns off severe allergies in animals and could eventually cure humans of allergies and asthma | NextBigFuture.com

Gene therapy is looking very good...

This would be a God send. I've suffered with environmental allergies my whole life. I just started doing immunotherapy shots earlier this year, but those take about five years to "cure" your allergies, assuming they succeed. Not everybody sees results.

Good stuff, but they'd make more money if someone could figure out how to grow hair back. Whoever gets the patent on that will become The Trillionaire.

Liberals do not want you to test on animals!
Yes, but they believe testing on babies born and even the unborn with vaccines is perfectly okay.....
Yes. Liberals consider that animals didn't ask for getting experimented on. Humans on the other hand ... I know liberal parents who sign papers to experiment on their child, and they are not even a poverty class liberals.

Liberals do not want you to test on animals!
'Conservative' cannot find anything good in anything that would help a lot of Americans. You would probably bray laughter at the sight of a child dying from an asthma attack.
No. Just stating facts liberals do not support animal tests. It costs them PETA donations.

So, asshole, you know every liberal in the nation, right? And you do not state facts, you state putrid opinions that have zero to do with reality.

Old rocks,,,

That is right...The conservative mind is like the taliban mind and nothing can ever be good unless you're worshiping in church on fucking sunday.

These people would whether see millions die from disease then see any research or improvement made by humanity. This is why I hate these assholes so much as they're not much different then the people that killed those people in London.

One good thing humanity could do is ban this religious fundie crap! I'd support ---I dare not say but they can all burn in hell.

Forum List

Back