Gen. Mattis apparently has sworn an oath to a Constitution he has not read

Agree with the foreign elements, that's a given! And a major concern of our founders, of foreign interference in our own affairs!
But as far as independence, the constitutional requirement is that the press is Independent of the Government.
The Press was NEVER unbiased.... news papers have always seemed to lean one way or the other.... that does not mean that the news should not be accurate!
But News Papers for years have pushed agendas, even Thomas Paine's, and Benjamin Franklin's almanacs etc leaned.
News Papers are known for picking Candidates and supporting them, in the political arena.
It's good to have varying partisanship leanings in the different press..... it makes the Dem leaning point out the faults of the right leaning govt, and makes the Repub leaning, point out the faults of the left leaning.... always looking for wrong doing from the ''other side'' actually is a pretty good watchdog, on our govt...imo.
We used to have laws preventing a monopolization of the local media, like a company could own only one TV station , one newspaper and a few radio stations, but I thought it did not go far enough, but all that is gone now.

One corporation can control all the media in a locale and deprive the public of badly needed information.
I agree with that... it used to be the big channels were always corporate owned, but the local news and local papers were not owned by big corporations, and radio was smaller local stations and not big corporation owned.... which gave us a variety of perspectives....

That simply has disappeared and there are monopolies across the nation that even control local news now, making all local news even a thousand miles apart, say the same thing....

All of that is a HUGE mistake, and we really do need to split these big corp monopolies up and go back to the way it was....!!!

The problem with asking for someone to give you a letter of resignation, which you do as a courtesy to help them save face, is that it is then harder to say you fired them. I did fire James Mattis. He was no good for Obama, who fired him also, and was no good for me!

Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 4, 2020
Well that's a lie.

Mattie quit in protest over the Syrian withdrawal IIRC.
Yep.....basically Trump wanted to bring the troops home and Mattus loves to be at war.
Lol, no.

Try again, kid.
Nope...that was the big tiff when he got fired.
Trump wanted to pull out of Syria.
Trump wanted to leave the Kurds or whomever all at once and abandon them by the wayside in Syria and let Turkey massacre them, after they were our allies and helped us with ISIS.

You call the media (excluding I am sure, rightwing media) a fifth column. That is just crazy. We are incredibly fortunate to have a free media.
Corporate owned media is N OT free media.

They just have a different set of masters telling them what to publish.

All media needs to be independent, solely local and self owned.

And foreign elements should NEVER be allowed to own our media.

Agree with the foreign elements, that's a given! And a major concern of our founders, of foreign interference in our own affairs!

But as far as independence, the constitutional requirement is that the press is Independent of the Government.

The Press was NEVER unbiased.... news papers have always seemed to lean one way or the other.... that does not mean that the news should not be accurate!

But News Papers for years have pushed agendas, even Thomas Paine's, and Benjamin Franklin's almanacs etc leaned.

News Papers are known for picking Candidates and supporting them, in the political arena.

It's good to have varying partisanship leanings in the different press..... it makes the Dem leaning point out the faults of the right leaning govt, and makes the Repub leaning, point out the faults of the left leaning.... always looking for wrong doing from the ''other side'' actually is a pretty good watchdog, on our govt...imo.
Well said! And we fortunate to have so much choice.

We used to have laws preventing a monopolization of the local media, like a company could own only one TV station , one newspaper and a few radio stations, but I thought it did not go far enough, but all that is gone now.

One corporation can control all the media in a locale and deprive the public of badly needed information.
I agree with that... it used to be the big channels were always corporate owned, but the local news and local papers were not owned by big corporations, and radio was smaller local stations and not big corporation owned.... which gave us a variety of perspectives....

That simply has disappeared and there are monopolies across the nation that even control local news now, making all local news even a thousand miles apart, say the same thing....

All of that is a HUGE mistake, and we really do need to split these big corp monopolies up and go back to the way it was....!!!
Totally agree!

The problem with asking for someone to give you a letter of resignation, which you do as a courtesy to help them save face, is that it is then harder to say you fired them. I did fire James Mattis. He was no good for Obama, who fired him also, and was no good for me!

Well that's a lie.

Yep.....basically Trump wanted to bring the troops home and Mattus loves to be at war.
Lol, no.

Try again, kid.
Trump wanted to leave the Kurds or whomever all at once and abandon them by the wayside in Syria and let Turkey massacre them, after they were our allies and helped us with ISIS.

What part of "we don't need to be screwing around in a goddamn place like Syria" don't you understand?

Well that's a lie.

Lol, no.

Try again, kid.

What part of "we don't need to be screwing around in a goddamn place like Syria" don't you understand?

Maybe the part where lack of involvement breeds terrorist enclaves.

Well said! And we fortunate to have so much choice.
Bah, it is a fraudulent choice as all the networks have the same editorial stances and perspective, from the pro-Antifa left.

Well that's a lie.

Lol, no.

Try again, kid.

yet we send troops for hire, to Saudi Arabia?

Bah, it is a fraudulent choice as all the networks have the same editorial stances and perspective, from the pro-Antifa left.

Ain't that the truth.

BTW, I tripped over a few of your marbles. You sure you no longer have any use for them?

that is the arrangement we have with them.

We keep Iran in check and they prop up the US dollar by restricting all oil purchases to US dollar only.
i know that US Dollar for oil is important for some reason....but do not know exactly why, or have never taken the time to research it..... can you give me a simple explanation that I would understand?

Well that's a lie.

Lol, no.

Try again, kid.

Saudi Arabia isn't a war zone.

Well that's a lie.

Lol, no.

Try again, kid.

Maybe the part where lack of involvement breeds terrorist enclaves.
I think right now the threat is the Democrats.....who needs foreign terrorists when you have Democrats sowing sedition here in the states.

Is this the whining 3rd grade response "Billy got to do it, why can't I?" My whole post is right there, I never mentioned him. Bill Clinton indeed!
Yes. I confess! I brought Bill Clinton into this matter
since he was the last president, before Trump, who seems to have set off a certain emotionally fragile segment of the population by displaying the bible.

Geez...I didn't know it would trigger you so much. Is it too late to apologize? Or are you enjoying your
peevish snit?

Why did he get away with it? I am pretty sure he didn't get away with it. Heck, he was impeached just like trump, except over sex with an intern, cheating on his wife and lying about. Doubt he is the reference you want to use.
I'm pretty sure Clinton's prop bible had nothing to do with his impeachment.

Used to, republicans took a dim view of that sort of thing, before trump and then became all non-judgemental all of a sudden. If Billy got away with it, it must have been because he was a better communicator and just plain lucky. Donnie couldn't get lucky in a 2 dollar whorehouse, and he should, cause it runs in the family, as his granddad ran whorehouses in 2 or 3 different states, catering to the miners back in the gold rush days.
Well here is where your crazy train runs right off the tracks.
Actually Trump has always had a good looking woman on his arm. He even married a number of them.
Is this anger or jealousy on your part?
You're usually such a sharp guy. I don't know how you could be so wrong here. (just kidding....you
aren't that sharp)

You said "Every president whoever lived wants to give the public a good impression of himself." I DO NOT THING THE AMERICAN PUBLIC IS BUYING IT from the bragging P*ssy Grabber, who cheated on all three wive he has ever had, constantly bears false witness, and now using a damaged church and the Bible as a prop for a photo op during riots in America and then hiking back to the white house without a prayer or consoling statement. Surely you are aware the move has been denounced by religious leaders, conservatives, democrats, and key people in his own party. It was in all the papers.
Surely you are aware damning Trump is the surest way a politician or crummy entertainer of some sort can get their name in the papers.
So called conservatives like George Bush wade in and take their swings with great glee. That is absolutely
nothing new and it's a sure sign Trump is rubbing neo-con globalist pigs like Bush and Mitt Romney
the wrong way, which I think is a wonderful thing.

The Episcopal church is probably the most liberal of all mainstream religions so it's no surprise that Bishop
Maryann Budde took a verbal ax to Trump, complaining he was interfering with protestors and
simultaneously trying to downplay the fact that those protestors tried to burn her church down.

But, oh, never mind that little detail. Yes, she certainly did wail and scream about Trump clearing
out rioters. Oh, how dreadful! What a horrid man!

My post are all on here. You can look them up from latest to oldest and shouldn't have to go back more than a few days. Not really caring what you believe and unwilling to do you homework for you. This isn't grade school.
Better luck on your next attack post.:spank:
I don't know what would make you think I want to go back and review your posts. I only wade into the filth of this one because it addresses me in particular. As far as doing my homework, who asked you to?
If all your posts are as filled with erroneous bullshit as this one is I wonder why anyone would delve into
them at all?

Well that's a lie.

Lol, no.

Try again, kid.
He wasn't fired.

Well that's a lie.

Lol, no.

Try again, kid.
And he did it too.

Well that's a lie.

Lol, no.

Try again, kid.

Allies. People who we decided on who depended on us. People you want to treat well so.you can continue to cooperate in the future.

This isn't rocket science, kid

i know that US Dollar for oil is important for some reason....but do not know exactly why, or have never taken the time to research it..... can you give me a simple explanation that I would understand?
Sure.

The value of the US dollar or USD is due to trade on the global currency markets known as the Forex.

1) When, say Japan, wants to buy oil from the mid-east, the Japanese have to take their yen and convert it to a similar value of USD for the oil that they need. This pushes the value of the USD up, and the Yen downward because the bid/ask price of the USD/Yen pairing on these markets is pushed in the favor of the USD when Yen is used to buy USD.

2) The global demand for petroleum means that a whole bunch of countries are buying USD to get oil, and that drives up the value of the USD globally as well.

3) Our Federal Reserve Banking system has become very much used to this dynamic, and all the USD that is in circulation globally is all pretty much still only a fraction of the global demand for USD due tot he d3mand for oil.

4) So, in effect, the USD is no longer backed by gold, but backed by the demand for oil instead.

5) The Saudis can change their policies instantly, but they are unlikely to do so because it would almost immediately devalue all their US Bonds and other financial instruments to worthless paper as soon as the USD loses this effective role as the world reserve currency. Why? Because nations, cartels, corporations etc across the globe have vault money denominated in USD. They would dump it on the markets as soon as they got wind that the Saudis are abandoning the USD standard for oil purchases. This would destroy the value of their financial reserves, again all denominated in USD.

That is the best I can do before bed, and I hope that helps some.

Saudi Arabia isn't a war zone.
Maybe not formally, but with Yemen, Iraq and Syria on its borders, they might as well be.

They need u s there to help keep the peace and play tripwire for more Congressional nerve for deployment.

Forum List

Back