Geert Wilders Closing Remarks at His Kafkaesque Trial

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
...I am obliged to speak. For the Netherlands is under threat of Islam. As I have argued many times, Islam is chiefly an ideology. An ideology of hatred, of destruction, of conquest. It is my strong conviction that Islam is a threat to Western values, to freedom of speech, to the equality of men and women, of heterosexuals and homosexuals, of believers and unbelievers.

...Freedom and truth. I pay the price every day. Day and night I have to be protected against people who want to kill me. I am not complaining about it; it has been my own decision to speak. However, those who threaten me and other critics of Islam are not being tried here today. I am being tried. And about that I do complain.

...This trial is also surrealistic. I am being compared with the Hutu murderers in Rwanda and with Mladic. Only a few minutes ago some here have doubted my mental health. I have been called a new Hitler. I wonder whether those who call me such names will also be sued, and if not, whether the Court will also order prosecution. Probably not. And that is just as well. Because freedom of speech applies also to my opponents.

...Mister President, members of the Court, though I stand here alone, my voice is the voice of many. This trial is not about me. It is about something much greater. Freedom of expression is the life source of our Western civilisation.

Blog: Geert Wilders Closing Remarks at His Kafkaesque Trial

The verdict will be announced June 23rd. Predictions?

Of course you do. But the Netherlands is not an Islamic country - yet.

I asked for "predictions". What you would like to happen is obvious and irrelevant. Do you think he will be convicted? I don't.

I hope that he is convicted.

If he was on trial for denying the so called Holocaust or making anti-semitic remarks he would for sure go to prison.

So I think it is only fair that he go to prison for making Islamophobic remarks and stirring up hate against Muslims and Islam

If he was on trial for denying the so called Holocaust or making anti-semitic remarks he would for sure go to prison.

So I think it is only fair that he go to prison for making Islamophobic remarks and stirring up hate against Muslims and Islam

I find your speech offensive.

Maybe you would enjoy going to prison for expressing an opinion not palatable to every one of the 6 billion people on this planet.

Maybe you would enjoy going to prison for expressing an opinion not palatable to every one of the 6 billion people on this planet.

If we lived in the Netherlands then you might be able to bring up a case against me.

Because they have very extreme PC hate crime laws including speech.

But we live in America so your point is moot. :cool:

If we lived in the Netherlands then you might be able to bring up a case against me.

Because they have very extreme PC hate crime laws including speech.

But we live in America so your point is moot. :cool:

So, in your opinion, as expressed, the law in the Netherlands is fairer than the law in the US.

(hint; you are digging a hole for yourself)

The people stirring up the most hate against Muslims and Islam are Muslims.

behead_those_who_insult_islam_london.jpg

Prescription:

e05ddf60574606562061562.png

Last edited:
His possible conviction will prove his point.

Americans need to wake up before we find ourselves in Wilder's position. This should not be a partisan issue. But sadly, it has become one.

Since we do not have hate speech laws in the United States.

Why do you say that people here could be in the same position he is in now ??

Because we are dangerously close and you know it.

When people like Imam Rauf and al Awari (sp?) are getting sit downs with dignitaries and people like Wilders are "personna non grata" amongst the liberal elite, well then we've got a problem.

It's creeping...

Forum List

Back