Gay Kiss During High School Musical Leads to a Student Walk-Out

I can understand how uncomfortable that would make some people feel, though, I wonder why people so sensitive can be so insensitive of others. When I'm engaged with someone or observe a group of people engaged in blessing everyone and everything I get very uncomfortable, but that's their choice and I will extricate myself politely without projecting rejection.

Obviously someone is uncomfortable with others exercising their freedom of discretion.

• Banned
They should have at least warned the families of what was going to happen.

Promoting the gay lifestyle is now an educational objective in many states. "Anti-bullying" laws can require schools to "celebrate" the protected classes of students. We will be seeing a whole lot more of this in the near future.

Promoting the gay lifestyle is now an educational objective in many states. "Anti-bullying" laws can require schools to "celebrate" the protected classes of students. We will be seeing a whole lot more of this in the near future.

so it's only ok when straight kids kiss?

let me know when that seems fair to you.

Life is not fair.

but government has to be. :thup:

schools don't get to be discriminatory. they can't force the other kids to sit there. but i wouldn't go applauding the ignorant walking out.

i'm pretty sure people did that when the first inter-racial kisses occurred on stage/screen, too.

Do you understand the concept of freedom? If you do, you might applaud the two boys kissing in public, AND you would champion the rights of the offended to get up and walk out. It is not bigotry, merely an exercise of their own right of discretion.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Now if those boys had theatrically cut off each others heads in a violent display of rage, nobody would have objected.

But KISSING?!

Have these theater types no shame?

So these were just highschoolers, no family in attendance.

I think they were just being kids. Dumb jocks will be dumb jocks, look for attention and a chance to ridicule those who are not jocks. And from the article it looks like they knew there would be homosexual themes in the play and had the option to not attend.

I will say that if I attended a play with my family, without being made aware of a strong homosexual theme beforehand, my family and I would walk out as well. But without making a ruckus. I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. They don't even know the basics of the birds and the bees yet. I don't want to jump in to the deep end of the pool with them on that issue when they aren't ready for it, so to speak.

Yes. And the principal gambled on the idea that they were mature enough to handle it. But he obviously doesn't understand teenagers very well.

Promoting sexuality in school should never be a goal. Hetero - homo - or any other kind. This guy sounds like an idiot. But like I said, we'll be hearing a whole lot more of these stories. There is no shortage of morons dictating "education"

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

Forum List

Back