Gay Cowboy Loses Everything When His Partner Dies

Kagom said:
According to one site I found, it was below 55% who thought it was abnormal: http://www.lifeway.com/lwc/article_main_page/0,1703,A%3D156839%26M%3D50011,00.html

It is a religious site, so it's obviously going to be biased in results and the sample would not be random, but it is much smaller than 80%

Guess you must have missed the vocal portion of your crowd demanding the right to be married and the response it got. While it's close to 50-50 when it comes to believing what you do in the privacy of your own home, it is over 80% when it comes to whether or not Americans believe it is normal behavior.

Since it was a MSM outlet that printed those numbers at the time, there is no reason to believe a conservative agenda would have been articifically inserted.

Shouldn't bother you a bit. When I was a kid, if you admitted to being a homosexual people got in line to kick the shit out of you. It wasn't until the mid-90s or so that I actually gave up the idea y'all should all be launched into space, one-way.

Sorry bud, but you serve no purpose, except to destroy the moral fabric of my society. No PERSONAL offense intended.

ScreamingEagle said:
Since homosexuals cannot reproduce, it is in the interest of mankind to limit their number in order to carry on the population. Who's to say that the numbers of gays wouldn't increase to the point where it would harm mankind? Especially since now gays are reproducing through artificial insemination.

Also, I do not think your argument that you are "normal" - just because you and some others think so - is valid. As you are claiming, only a small percentage is homosexual, and by that very definition of size compared to the rest of the population, it is abnormal.
The number of homosexuals will never get into a high percentage. I believe that firmly because that would backfire on nature. Yes, we can use artificial insemination, but for the most part, I don't see many gay couples with children.

I believe it's normal because it's normal to me. Apparently between 33 and 44 percent of America thinks that homosexuality is normal and that number is growing.

GunnyL said:
Guess you must have missed the vocal portion of your crowd demanding the right to be married and the response it got. While it's close to 50-50 when it comes to believing what you do in the privacy of your own home, it is over 80% when it comes to whether or not Americans believe it is normal behavior.

Since it was a MSM outlet that printed those numbers at the time, there is no reason to believe a conservative agenda would have been articifically inserted.

Shouldn't bother you a bit. When I was a kid, if you admitted to being a homosexual people got in line to kick the shit out of you. It wasn't until the mid-90s or so that I actually gave up the idea y'all should all be launched into space, one-way.

Sorry bud, but you serve no purpose, except to destroy the moral fabric of my society. No PERSONAL offense intended.
The number is still too high, I believe. My link was directly on homosexuality in general. Americans are becoming more accepting of it.

You never know. Agendas get pushed easily in our society whether liberal or conservative.

Hey, I'm aware of that. I've talked to gays who've gone through high school in the early 90's/late 80's, etc. and I get to hear first-hand stories about the treatment of other gays.

I disagree. I believe anyone who wishes to bring about a Big Brother government (I'm not accusing anyone) or wants to do things that harm people (pedophilia, murder, etc.) are the ones who are destroying the moral fabric of society. Anyone who wants to deindividualize the individual is destroying the moral fabric of society. And no offense taken, I hear it all the time from certain people.

Kagom said:
The number of homosexuals will never get into a high percentage. I believe that firmly because that would backfire on nature. Yes, we can use artificial insemination, but for the most part, I don't see many gay couples with children.

I believe it's normal because it's normal to me. Apparently between 33 and 44 percent of America thinks that homosexuality is normal and that number is growing.

I can't find the reference since it was a current event (news article vs resource) about two years ago, but you are incorrect in your numbers.

Kagom said:
The number is still too high, I believe. My link was directly on homosexuality in general. Americans are becoming more accepting of it.

Which has no bearing on whether or not it is right or wrong. Americans accept a lot of things nowadays that are pure garbage.

You never know. Agendas get pushed easily in our society whether liberal or conservative.

Hey, I'm aware of that. I've talked to gays who've gone through high school in the early 90's/late 80's, etc. and I get to hear first-hand stories about the treatment of other gays.

Dude, I went to HS in the 70s. The late 80s/90s were quite tolerant by comparison.

I disagree. I believe anyone who wishes to bring about a Big Brother government (I'm not accusing anyone) or wants to do things that harm people (pedophilia, murder, etc.) are the ones who are destroying the moral fabric of society. Anyone who wants to deindividualize the individual is destroying the moral fabric of society. And no offense taken, I hear it all the time from certain people.

And anyone participating in immoral behavior, and advocating the same is destroying the moral fabric of our society.

GunnyL said:
And anyone participating in immoral behavior, and advocating the same is destroying the moral fabric of our society.
I know more than just gay people who were in high school in the 80's and 90's. I've known them from the 60's and 70's too (I meet lots of fun and fantastic people, surprisingly).

I believe that if it's causing harm in some way, shape, or form, that it is immoral and advocation of such immorality is destroying the moral fabric of society.

Kagom said:

Of course it would backfire on nature - that's why homosexuality is lethal to mankind and must not get out of hand by pushing it upon society as "normal".

It doesn't matter what any of the polls say. They are only opinions based on absolutely no factual data. The FACT is that homosexuality is abnormal because it occurs within only a small percentage of mankind. Why can't you accept that?

ScreamingEagle said:
Of course it would backfire on nature - that's why homosexuality is lethal to mankind and must not get out of hand by pushing it upon society as "normal".

It doesn't matter what any of the polls say. They are only opinions based on absolutely no factual data. The FACT is that homosexuality is abnormal because it occurs within only a small percentage of mankind. Why can't you accept that?
Mmmf...no. Only in the weird case that it would become a massive number of homosexual people would it be lethal to mankind and only in that case. Otherwise, it's perfectly nonlethal.

Let's drop the polls, let's drop the numbers, and let's drop the opinions. Homosexuality is an abnormality, I'll agree. I wont' deny a fact like that. But it is normal to the people who are homosexual and people accept it as normal because, aside from talking about nature, it is normal. Why? Because homosexuals have every single characteristic of a heterosexual couple, nix reproduction.

ScreamingEagle said:

He would have to accept that who he is and what he is doing is wrong. Few can handle THAT.

GunnyL said:
He would have to accept that who he is and what he is doing is wrong. Few can handle THAT.
Hey, I actually said it is abnormal within nature. But abnormalities can be used by nature.

I accept who I am and I believe that I'm not doing wrong.

Kagom said:
Mmmf...no. Only in the weird case that it would become a massive number of homosexual people would it be lethal to mankind and only in that case. Otherwise, it's perfectly nonlethal.

Let's drop the polls, let's drop the numbers, and let's drop the opinions. Homosexuality is an abnormality, I'll agree. I wont' deny a fact like that. But it is normal to the people who are homosexual and people accept it as normal because, aside from talking about nature, it is normal. Why? Because homosexuals have every single characteristic of a heterosexual couple, nix reproduction.

Weirder things have happened. And it's not perfectly nonlethal. Just think of the family lines that have been extinguished because the only heir was a homosexual. That particular lineage of mankind died.

Thank you. Let that FACT percolate in your mind for awhile. And I certainly would not ASSUME that homosexuals have every single characteristic of heterosexuals.

There's nothing wrong with accepting yourself for what you are. However, what you do with yourself is another matter altogether.

GunnyL said:
Of course you do. That's what I said.

I disagree.
Ah, I guess I misread you.

You don't have to agree. No one is holding a gun to your head and going "AGREE!"

I'd rather have you disagree, makes life more spiced up.

ScreamingEagle said:
Weirder things have happened. And it's not perfectly nonlethal. Just think of the family lines that have been extinguished because the only heir was a homosexual. That particular lineage of mankind died.

Thank you. Let that FACT percolate in your mind for awhile. And I certainly would not ASSUME that homosexuals have every single characteristic of heterosexuals.

There's nothing wrong with accepting yourself for what you are. However, what you do with yourself is another matter altogether.
Yeah, much weirder things have happened (5 year old breastfeeding...different subject, though).

Is it lethal in the aspect of cutting family lines? Yes. There is a price to pay for everything in life, though it can be good and can be bad. I only hope my family line won't be extinguished (artificial insemination...and no...not in me).

The fact HAS percolated in my mind. It's something that does get to me at times, but I know I can't control that. I can't force myself to find women attractive or to have sex with them because it wouldn't feel right to me. I can only try to find some sort of loophole.

I can agree with that last line. But I feel that what I am doing with myself is not harmful in any way as I plan to be the best person I can and I hope to be a father some day and settle down with someone.

Kagom said:
Ah, I guess I misread you.

You don't have to agree. No one is holding a gun to your head and going "AGREE!"

I'd rather have you disagree, makes life more spiced up.

Holding a gun to someone's head is exposing yourself needlessly to someone who could posess the skills to make you eat it. ;)

I have posted my reasons for my disagreement throughout this thread. I see no reason to repeat them.

Misread me, or my post?

GunnyL said:
Holding a gun to someone's head is exposing yourself needlessly to someone who could posess the skills to make you eat it. ;)

I have posted my reasons for my disagreement throughout this thread. I see no reason to repeat them.

Misread me, or my post?
Misread your post :3

Hey, I respect your reasons for disagreement. They have validity and grounding. I've shared your beliefs before too when I was closeted.

Kagom said:
Yeah, much weirder things have happened (5 year old breastfeeding...different subject, though).

Is it lethal in the aspect of cutting family lines? Yes. There is a price to pay for everything in life, though it can be good and can be bad. I only hope my family line won't be extinguished (artificial insemination...and no...not in me).

The fact HAS percolated in my mind. It's something that does get to me at times, but I know I can't control that. I can't force myself to find women attractive or to have sex with them because it wouldn't feel right to me. I can only try to find some sort of loophole.

I can agree with that last line. But I feel that what I am doing with myself is not harmful in any way as I plan to be the best person I can and I hope to be a father some day and settle down with someone.

Well, you have agreed that homosexuality is abnormal at least. Maybe some day you will also agree that two men having a child "together" is also abnormal.

ScreamingEagle said:
Well, you have agreed that homosexuality is abnormal at least. Maybe some day you will also agree that two men having a child "together" is also abnormal.

Now I DEFINATELY will vote against THAT. The ultimate in selfishness for two homosexuals to presume to raise a child. Aside from the screwed up morals learned at home, the peer pressure from the outside world would be horrendous. They don't say "kids are cruel" without good reason.

ScreamingEagle said:
No, I won't (for clarity's sake: I think artificially inseminating another man would be weird and abnormal). I believe that we can raise a child just as well as any straight couple.

Forum List

Back